Same Income Alternatives to Clinical Practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MelissaRichards

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Lets use this thread to throw around some ideas on the topic of: "Same Income Alternatives to Clinical Practice"

To get you started: What are the alternatives for medical graduates, to pursue a career that can provide the same (or better) income, compared with clinical practice? In other words, talking "purely" from the money point of view, is "the residency that leads to the clinical practice" the only way in life for a medical graduate? Or, do you think there is a better way (speaking strictly financial)? At one point or another, most career people break down and then, the only thing that matters is checking the income-equivalency, for the same amount of efforts, between choices!

Members don't see this ad.

MelissaRichards said:
Lets use this thread to throw around some ideas on the topic of: "Same Income Alternatives to Clinical Practice"

To get you started: What are the alternatives for medical graduates, to pursue a career that can provide the same (or better) income, compared with clinical practice? In other words, talking "purely" from the money point of view, is "the residency that leads to the clinical practice" the only way in life for a medical graduate? Or, do you think there is a better way (speaking strictly financial)? At one point or another, most career people break down and then, the only thing that matters is checking the income-equivalency, for the same amount of efforts, between choices!

I'm interested in this too...good idea for a thread.

I'm sure there are opportunities in management or law, with the appropriate degrees...but I don't know what kind of jobs you could get. Any ideas? What can an MD with an MBA or a law degree do outside of clinical practice?