Salus application on hold

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When did you interview and submit what they asked for?

Interviewed back in October and submitted the thing they asked for on december 17 I think it was

Members don't see this ad.

How do you calculate OPTOMCAS GPA? I only know my official school GPA and sGPA
If you go on optomcas and go to "submitted application" you will be able to download your program application. you will see a PDF version of your application and there it will have a breakdown of all your GPAs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Last time I spoke to a counselor he said the next committee meeting will be Tuesday!

Good to know. I wish all of us an acceptance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Last time I spoke to a counselor he said the next committee meeting will be Tuesday!

Thank you so much! I emailed admissions last saturday and they never responded sadly :( Looking forward to tuesday then.

Just got offered an seat! I still have 2 more interviews to go to before I'll make a final decision.

Just got offered an seat! I still have 2 more interviews to go to before I'll make a final decision.

Congrats man!!!

Mind sharing your stats and your prior interview date?

Congrats! When did you interview with them and send them the thing they put you on hold for? I have yet to hear back and the waiting is becoming frustrating :( good luck on your other interviews!

Congrats man!!!

Mind sharing your stats and your prior interview date?

Congrats! When did you interview with them and send them the thing they put you on hold for? I have yet to hear back and the waiting is becoming frustrating :( good luck on your other interviews!

GPA was a 3.23 sGPA was a 3.14. Scored an AA 290 and TS 280. I had my interview at the end of November. I send my Fall transcript to Optomcas on the 1st week of January and retaken my OAT last week. Scored an AA and TS of 310. Email Salus my new scores and waited from there. Pretty mediocre stats but my extracurricular activities are pretty extensive. Surprise you haven't heard from them back already.

Did anyone else get this email from salus??

The Committee on Admissions has reviewed your application. At this time, a consensus decision could not be rendered regarding admissions to the program. Your application is on hold pending further review.

The Committee still considers you a qualified candidate; however, due to the strong caliber of the applicant pool, a final admissions decision will be provided by March 15, 2019.

You are encouraged to continue to update your application file with any new information, including grades for in progress course work, new OAT scores (if applicable) or additional observation experience.

If you wish to be considered as an active candidate, please complete the attached response form and return it to the Office of Admissions as soon as possible via email to [email protected].

We hope that you continue to remain an active candidate and thank you for taking part in the admissions process.

Did anyone else get this email from salus??

The Committee on Admissions has reviewed your application. At this time, a consensus decision could not be rendered regarding admissions to the program. Your application is on hold pending further review.

The Committee still considers you a qualified candidate; however, due to the strong caliber of the applicant pool, a final admissions decision will be provided by March 15, 2019.

You are encouraged to continue to update your application file with any new information, including grades for in progress course work, new OAT scores (if applicable) or additional observation experience.

If you wish to be considered as an active candidate, please complete the attached response form and return it to the Office of Admissions as soon as possible via email to [email protected].

We hope that you continue to remain an active candidate and thank you for taking part in the admissions process.

Damn. I haven’t received anything yet I’m due for a denial or something like this soon I think.

What were yours stats/interview dates? Don’t quit though. Maybe you can write a letter of intent.

Damn. I haven’t received anything yet I’m due for a denial or something like this soon I think.

What were yours stats/interview dates? Don’t quit though. Maybe you can write a letter of intent.

Same boat still :(

Has anyone that was on hold heard anything back??????

I submitted my app Nov 15th, but am not scheduled to take my OAT until Feb 8th. I knew I was super behind with the process and had a slim chance of getting in, but figured that even if it's not ideal, there's always next year. I decided to reach out to admissions and basically, I asked if I should continue with the application process. They did say there are still open seats available as of now and once the seats are filled, for those put on a waiting list, it can sometimes take up until the week before classes start to be offered a seat in the program. People give up their spots at various times throughout the year. Don't give up!!! I hope that helps ease some minds, I know it made me feel a little better. Good luck everyone! :)

Reactions: 1 users