Salus application on hold

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cmoh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with having their application put on hold for Salus. They said they want to see my fall grades before my file is reviewed again.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, I am on hold with Salus as well but for my OAT so they are waiting on my retake :( keep us updated!

Reactions: 1 user
NECO and SUNY are also holding my application on hold for me to retake the OAT

Last edited:
I’m also on hold for fall grades

What were your stats like if that's okay to ask?
Do you mind sharing your stats? Did you get an interview for SUNY prior to being put on hold? I'm worried about one section that I did pretty bad in the OAT but hoping they won't ask me to retake it...because why interview then?
My GPA was a 3.24 and sGPA was a 3.14. OAT Score wise was 290AA and a 280AA. Pretty mediocre GPA and not that great OAT score. I did have 2 interview offers from SALUS and MCPHS. My top school is SUNY so I am planning to retake the OAT again soon. I wasn't offered an interview yet at SUNY but did mention that my other stats are pretty good. I visited the SUNY campus for their Open House and Admission Camp. I hope that shows how serious I am in attending at SUNY.

Hi!
last year I was on hold for the same thing( waiting for fall grades ). I got accepted once they saw my fall grades. I ended the semester with a 3.84. Good luck! Let me know if you have any questions!

My GPA was a 3.24 and sGPA was a 3.14. OAT Score wise was 290AA and a 280AA. Pretty mediocre GPA and not that great OAT score. I did have 2 interview offers from SALUS and MCPHS. My top school is SUNY so I am planning to retake the OAT again soon. I wasn't offered an interview yet at SUNY but did mention that my other stats are pretty good. I visited the SUNY campus for their Open House and Admission Camp. I hope that shows how serious I am in attending at SUNY.

I have similar stats to you and I am retaking my OAT again for Salus since it is my top school and I feel the same way! I hope we are showing our dedication to the schools too. When are you retaking?

I have similar stats to you and I am retaking my OAT again for Salus since it is my top school and I feel the same way! I hope we are showing our dedication to the schools too. When are you retaking?
Probably mid or late January. I want to start studying right after I finished my final exams. Kinda worry that it is getting late into the application period.

Probably mid or late January. I want to start studying right after I finished my final exams. Kinda worry that it is getting late into the application period.

Good luck! I am retaking in a couple weeks in december.

Oh so SUNY told you that you were on hold without the interview? interesting. I wish you all the luck! I just got an invite to interview with MCPHS. how did that go for you?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi!
last year I was on hold for the same thing( waiting for fall grades ). I got accepted once they saw my fall grades. I ended the semester with a 3.84. Good luck! Let me know if you have any questions!
Hey! Was 3.84 your semester gpa? Do you mind me asking what your overall was?

I’m also on hold for fall grades
Let me know how it goes! I'm super anxious cause I'm probably not going to hear back until after the New Year

Hey! Was 3.84 your semester gpa? Do you mind me asking what your overall was?
3.84 was my semester gpa! I graduated with a 3.3. I am not sure why they waited for my fall grades? I am assuming that when I applied I had a 3.14 and they didn't want to make a decision until they saw how I did in the fall. I was also taking Biochem and Stat's and physics which were the last of my pre- req's.

3.84 was my semester gpa! I graduated with a 3.3. I am not sure why they waited for my fall grades? I am assuming that when I applied I had a 3.14 and they didn't want to make a decision until they saw how I did in the fall. I was also taking Biochem and Stat's and physics which were the last of my pre- req's.
I'm not taking any pre-reqs which is why I was surprised they wanted to see my fall grades. But I guess its cause I have a lower GPA.

How do you know if your application is on hold? Might be a stupid question but I’ve applied to Salus and MCPHS and I’ve only gotten emails from them saying that part of my application is missing. I am scheduled to take my OAT on the 30th, and I am still finishing my pre-reqs. Just curious if anyone got anything saying their application was officially on hold for something specific

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

How do you know if your application is on hold? Might be a stupid question but I’ve applied to Salus and MCPHS and I’ve only gotten emails from them saying that part of my application is missing. I am scheduled to take my OAT on the 30th, and I am still finishing my pre-reqs. Just curious if anyone got anything saying their application was officially on hold for something specific

My Salus application is on hold for my Fall Grades. I actually got offered a seat at MCPHS along with a $40K scholarship as well!

I applied almost two weeks ago to Salus's occupational therapy program. My fall grades are also pending so I wonder if my application will be on hold as well. How many weeks after submitting your application did they email you about this?
Hi! It was actually after my interview. So you should still be able to interview, and even be accepted. They said they just wanted to see one more semester from me.

Did you interview yet? Or have you been invited to interview yet?

Hey guys! For those of you on hold for fall grades at Salus, I’m worried because I’m also on hold and I got a C this term in my hardest course. However I got A- for the rest of my courses this term. How would this affect my chances of being accepted?

Hey guys! For those of you on hold for fall grades at Salus, I’m worried because I’m also on hold and I got a C this term in my hardest course. However I got A- for the rest of my courses this term. How would this affect my chances of being accepted?
I think it might depend on what course it is. I'm also worried I'm gonna get a C+ in one of my classes, however, it's human parasitology so it might not mean much. Did you send your grades into them already?

I think it might depend on what course it is. I'm also worried I'm gonna get a C+ in one of my classes, however, it's human parasitology so it might not mean much. Did you send your grades into them already?
Thanks for responding I sent my interviewer a screen shot of the grades because during the interview he gave me his card and told me email him when I get them! But I know we have to send them to optomcas. I finished the semester with a 3.35 gpa but I’m still worried about that C :(

Thanks for responding I sent my interviewer a screen shot of the grades because during the interview he gave me his card and told me email him when I get them! But I know we have to send them to optomcas. I finished the semester with a 3.35 gpa but I’m still worried about that C :(
I’m going to do the same! They should get back to us maybe middle of January. Good luck!

I haven’t interviewed/been invited to interview yet. I just submitted everything except for my OAT score.
After you have interviewed then they will let you know if you've been accepted or put on hold (for grades or OATs, etc.)!

Hi, I was wondering where on OptomCas it says your science/overall GPA?
Not sure if there's another way to see it but I went to the "Submit Application" tab. Then, I downloaded one of the applications. This will show your entire application in a PDF format, and you'll see all the GPAs under the Academic History section.

Has anyone heard back yet?

Has anyone who was on hold, heard back yet from salus? I got a call from them saying I will know by next week but Im worried spots are filling up since they are taking so long to get back to me.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone who was on hold, heard back yet from salus? I got a call from them saying I will know by next week but Im worried spots are filling up since they are taking so long to get back to me.

Idk about being on hold but I’ve submitted my scores recently which completes everything. We are still just getting back after the new year and they have more programs than optometry to catch up from that short week.

Just hang on tight. And spots are definitely filling up now as we make our way towards the end of the cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm also in the same boat, but the lowest grade I got last semester was a B, salus told me they would be re-reviewing my application next week Tuesday!

Sent from my SM-N960W using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Did you guys contact admissions yourself recently or did they contact you now?

I contacted them when I sent over my scores about two weeks ago and have the CASPer sometime soon. I would just wait. How’d you do on your OAT?

I'm also in the same boat, but the lowest grade I got last semester was a B, salus told me they would be re-reviewing my application next week Tuesday!

Sent from my SM-N960W using SDN mobile
Did you cal/email to ask when they’d be reviewing it? I need to answer another school by the 15th but salus has yet to respond to me ☹️

Did you cal/email to ask when they’d be reviewing it? I need to answer another school by the 15th but salus has yet to respond to me ☹
They told me I’ll know by the 14th!

Reactions: 2 users
did anyone receive any emails from salus this morning?

did anyone receive any emails from salus this morning?
Nope, did you?
I suppose they meet later in the day so hopefully by the late afternoon we'll be notified.

Last edited:
Nope, did you?
I suppose they meet later in the day so hopefully by the late afternoon we'll be notified.

They usually respond to any email or say thanks for the update, sent one last week. Haven’t heard from them either.

I sent Salus my new OAT scores yesterday and was also put on hold for fall grades. I got a response that they will respond in the next 2 weeks

I just heard back from them!

I just heard back from them!
Hope you got in! I still didn’t hear back. Not sure what to do about MCPHS.. how long ago did you hand in your transcripts?

OPTOMCAS says its a 2.9. I'm just hoping my grades this semester won't make it look worse.
How do you calculate OPTOMCAS GPA? I only know my official school GPA and sGPA