Saint Joseph College SOP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

freshnewkicks

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anybody applying here? I haven't even sent in my supplemental application and the school hasn't received my PCAT scores, but they called me this morning for an interview. I was so taken aback since this was my first interview call, i didn't know what to make of it :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

I am as well, and got my interview invite email this morning!

I am as well, and got my interview invite email this morning!

Nice! Is this a back-up school for you? What do you think of the program? I like the fact that its three years. Not sure about anything else.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is actually my first choice, and it's the only school I applied to so far. I really like the curriculum and have been to an open house, and since I live 10 minutes away, I am a bit biased :)

Is anybody applying here? I haven't even sent in my supplemental application and the school hasn't received my PCAT scores, but they called me this morning for an interview. I was so taken aback since this was my first interview call, i didn't know what to make of it :laugh:

Congrats...wow..how fast..I'm planning to apply this school too but I still working with the application. Are you transfer student too? do you mind sharing your stats as well??

This is actually my first choice, and it's the only school I applied to so far. I really like the curriculum and have been to an open house, and since I live 10 minutes away, I am a bit biased :)

Thats awesome! Sorry I assumed it was a back-up since its relatively new :oops:
The curriculum and block scheduling does sound pretty neat. I've never been to Connecticut before so it will be exciting flying out there for the interview.

Congrats...wow..how fast..I'm planning to apply this school too but I still working with the application. Are you transfer student too? do you mind sharing your stats as well??

Hi! - I'm not a transfer student. Just graduating with my BS. My pharmcas gpa is a 2.93 (pretty low, so I was surprised to get an interview) I submitted pharmcas really early, so that must have helped since the school is on rolling admissions.

Thats awesome! Sorry I assumed it was a back-up since its relatively new :oops:
The curriculum and block scheduling does sound pretty neat. I've never been to Connecticut before so it will be exciting flying out there for the interview.
When is your interview?

Not sure yet because I need to figure out flights and get time off work. How about you?
Ahh I see, I want mine to be next Friday, but I have to wait till Tuesday to schedule because Meridith is away from her office till then.

Just got my confirmation for my interview this Friday!!! I'm so nervous!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)

How did the interview go? Im going to try to schedule it for Oct 3rd or Oct 10th.

Also I wanted to ask, if we already sent all our transcripts through PharmCAS we still have to send the transcripts directly to the school right?

How did the interview go? Im going to try to schedule it for Oct 3rd or Oct 10th.

Also I wanted to ask, if we already sent all our transcripts through PharmCAS we still have to send the transcripts directly to the school right?
I think it went ok, made a few slip ups due to being nervous.

And yes you need to still send your transcript to the school even if you already did on Pharmcas.

I think it went ok, made a few slip ups due to being nervous.

And yes you need to still send your transcript to the school even if you already did on Pharmcas.

Hey congrats on the interview! I have mine scheduled for the 3rd of October. Would you mind sharing a little more about the interview and the questions they asked. Also what were the essay questions like? Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey Greggy Weggy,

Did they give you any idea on when they would let you know about acceptances? I booked my flight, ahh im getting so nervous!

Just interviewed here yesterday. It was a pretty standard interview. The school itself is just a building downtown. Its kind of small but they are looking to expand a little. I liked the downtown area a lot. Now just have to sit and wait I guess.

Greggy Weggy- are you in??

My interview is coming up quickly. Has anyone been there yet that would like to share their experience? Also what topics does the math assesment touch on, any statistics?

My interview is coming up quickly. Has anyone been there yet that would like to share their experience? Also what topics does the math assesment touch on, any statistics?

Pretty standard interview...no stats...mostly basic math. Just relax, be yourself, they just want to get to know you.

Just interviewed here yesterday. It was a pretty standard interview. The school itself is just a building downtown. Its kind of small but they are looking to expand a little. I liked the downtown area a lot. Now just have to sit and wait I guess.

Greggy Weggy- are you in??
I'm in :)

Greggy,
They told me 3 to 4 weeks as well. How long did it actually take for them to notify you of your acceptance? Did they do it through email or snail mail? Thanks for your help!

hey guys, I was accepted on oct 14 and i sent in the deposit check on oct 20 but they havent sent me any confirmation yet is that normal. Also, I tried calling them but their phone lines were busy, can someone tell me what's going at St. Joseph?

It took about a 4-5 weeks to get a reply, but I think that was because i was the first interview. They called me first, and then a few days later i got a letter.

I did get a confirmation email when I sent the deposit.

oh really? when did u send in the deposit and when did u get the confirmation? I seriously tried contacting the school but I couldnt reach them.

oh really? when did u send in the deposit and when did u get the confirmation? I seriously tried contacting the school but I couldnt reach them.

I got the confirmation a couple days after I sent it, not too long. I doubt you will be able to contact them right now, about half of Connecticut has no power.

Freshnewkicks, you can send them a copy of your scores while waiting for pharmcas to send the original. I interviewed several days after you, and I just got accepted too. It's a standard 3-4 weeks waiting period to make you sweat it out. No biggie. I'm sure you'll get in :)

Freshnewkicks, you can send them a copy of your scores while waiting for pharmcas to send the original. I interviewed several days after you, and I just got accepted too. It's a standard 3-4 weeks waiting period to make you sweat it out. No biggie. I'm sure you'll get in :)

Thanks for the info. And congrats on getting in!

I'm still waiting to hear back as well, its been over two weeks since my interview and I am really nervous since this is my top choice. Good luck to everyone!

For those of you who have already interviewed, how was your interview experience?:)

The school is small. You walk around in there and you will see everyone, like the Associate Deans. It was fun. Well at least the two faculties that interviewed me made it less stressful. They even digressed, and talk about some random event among each other. Basic questions nothing to it.The math test is just to gauge your math skills, and writing is just like any writing. There are no certain passing or failing score from what I heard.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to share

Interview Notification- Sept 1st
PCAT Test- Sept 19th
Interview Appointment- Sept 22nd @ 11am
Call for Acceptance- Nov 10th (7 Weeks to hear back!!!! :( They were waiting on my pcat scores....)
Sent in Deposit- Nov 16th
Deposit Received by St Joseph- Nov 21th

CONGRATs to everyone that got accepted so far!! GOODLUCK to those who are waiting to hear back!! Be patient!! Look how long it took for me to hear back!! :p

Greetings from Southern California!! :D

For those of you who have already interviewed, how was your interview experience?:)
St Joseph was super chill. I was interviewed by Dr. Sukhvir and Dr. Bruce. They were so down to Earth!!! We were talking about snowboarding and basketball for a good 10-15mins. I got Dr. Bruce to go snowboarding/skiing with me if I end up going to St Joseph (which is a most likely) during fall 2012. It didn't even feel like an interview AT ALL!! Just a fun conversation.

The Math portion is pretty simple since it is so much easier than the PCAT math.
Essay was fun. They gave you 6 topics to choose from and you only have to select one to write about.

Got accepted today and i interviewed back in early Oct...yeah they took a while. But yeah seems like a great school with a three year program!

Anyone accepted and definitely attending in the fall? Im about 90 % sure!

I received my acceptance today!!! I will most likely be attending this fall:D Yay:D

Last edited:
I just had my interview on January 26...I think it went pretty well! I really hope that I get in, this is my top choice! I hope that I hear back soon, I am so nervous!

kqs1919

When did you have your interview?

Thanks! Sounds like they got back to you pretty quickly! Dr. Nicholas said that the committee will be meeting this week and then I should hear back from them shortly after that. I really hope that I find out this week!

I had my interview in late December right when students left for break. They waited for my PCAT scores to make a determination. I took my PCAT on January 11 and heard back the very next week. It sounds like the committee meets on a weekly basis. I sent in my deposit last week also! I really enjoyed my visit to SJC....they have an impressive curriculum (block), super supportive and friendly staff....they definitely are dedicated to making sure that every student succeeds in their program! Good luck to everyone interviewing=)

How long did they take to offer you an interview after your application was received?

I couldn't agree more, the block scheduling is very appealing, and all of the people I met were so helpful and friendly. I couldn't be happier with the school.

I found out about my interview in mid December, so maybe a few weeks after I submitted my PharmCas application.