s

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

strappysandals

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
s

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am lucky to have interviews at the Cleveland Clinic (College Program) and Case Western (University Program) and it seems it will be unlikely that I can schedule these interviews back to back. Should I try emailing them to see if that is at all possible? I do not want to travel to cleveland twice for these interviews, especially since I am not that interested in Case; only applied because it was free along with the CC program and now that I have many interviews at places I love, it seems silly to spend the money.

Honestly, with the amount of interviews I have and my limited interest in Case (would much rather go to Cleveland Clinic; Interest-wise, Case is second to last on my list of schools I have interviews to) Should I just not go the Case interview?

Not sure what to do, any insight would be great.
I think you should give up Case Western. And I'm NOT saying this because I haven't received an interview there and I am NOT trying to increase my chances there. And definitely NOT because I think Case is a perfect fit for me.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
I am lucky to have interviews at the Cleveland Clinic (College Program) and Case Western (University Program) and it seems it will be unlikely that I can schedule these interviews back to back. Should I try emailing them to see if that is at all possible? I do not want to travel to cleveland twice for these interviews, especially since I am not that interested in Case; only applied because it was free along with the CC program and now that I have many interviews at places I love, it seems silly to spend the money.

Honestly, with the amount of interviews I have and my limited interest in Case (would much rather go to Cleveland Clinic; Interest-wise, Case is second to last on my list of schools I have interviews to) Should I just not go the Case interview?

In all seriousness though, it seems like you've already answered your own question. Normally I'd say don't count your chickens before they hatch, especially when the egg is very high quality like Case. But you seem to not be enthusiastic about the program even before applying and given the super high volume of interviews you already have this early in the cycle, I think you'd be ok and well served by saving yourself the money.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)

I would email/call, the worst they can say is no to scheduling them together.

Reactions: 1 users
especially since I am not that interested in X; only applied because it was free along with the Y program ... Interest-wise, X is second to last on my list of schools I have interviews to
And for extra points, please let them know the above when asking to have them scheduled together :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I would agree, to anyone with more than 6 interviews (y’all lucky bastards...) I would suggest you evaluate each school you get a new interview at and think about canceling them if they are more than two weeks out and you genuinely are not interested in them in comparison to your other interviews. Your dropped 13th interview could be someone’s first.

Reactions: 2 users
Not really an answer, but I booked basic economy tickets to Cleveland for the Case interview after emailing Cleveland Clinic with a mini-ITA email (and getting no response for a week). Here am I now, having been forced to drop another $150 on an another set of flights back to school. I wish they'd coordinated it better :(

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
I would agree, to anyone with more than 6 interviews (y’all lucky bastards...) I would suggest you evaluate each school you get a new interview at and think about canceling them if they are more than two weeks out and you genuinely are not interested in them in comparison to your other interviews. Your dropped 13th interview could be someone’s first.
I'll be damned if I drop a single interview before securing an A.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I'll be damned if I drop a single interview before securing an A.
I totally get that...But As are not allowed until October 15th...and those interviews can go to other people...(I started the socialized medicine thread, I think you can tell where I am coming from with this one lol).

Reactions: 1 user
I totally get that...But As are not allowed until October 15th...and those interviews can go to other people...(I started the socialized medicine thread, I think you can tell where I am coming from with this one lol).
Oh yeah, of course, don't get me wrong. I've started to schedule as far out as I can (10/30 or later) for some of my interviews so that in case I do get one of those coveted Oct. 15th As, I can cancel and that spot can go to someone else.

Oh yeah, of course, don't get me wrong. I've started to schedule as far out as I can (10/30 or later) for some of my interviews so that in case I do get one of those coveted Oct. 15th As, I can cancel and that spot can go to someone else.
I haven't gotten any schools with available interviews past September... :x

• Sad
You should go to every single interview you get no matter what. You never know who will give you money and how you can leverage that money against other schools

Reactions: 1 user