RX fill dates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

macman

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For stable opioid pts, many of us issue mult RX with "do not fill before ___" dates or some variaton of that is seeing pts q 12 weeks or q 3 M

Recently I have been putting on RX #1: "ok to fill now", RX#2 "ok to fill 28 days from today" , and RX#3 "ok to fill 56 days from today".

does anyone else do this? I did have one pharmacist tell me this was an "illegal RX" due to no exact date. Seeing the date issued is on the RX I dont see the problem

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Put the exact date and no need to worry. Your staff should be calculating the dates based on PDMP and then account for Sundays when the pharmacy is not open.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Put the exact date and no need to worry. Your staff should be calculating the dates based on PDMP and then account for Sundays when the pharmacy is not open.
lucky providers with staff that can count so well and reliably. i'm jealous. I write "do not fill until (specific date)" every time and count it out myself :cryi:

I see these patients monthly, no matter what. Electronic scripts as well.