RVU pay and quitting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brabbit2222

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you're being paid on RVU basis, it's there something you need to consider before quitting? I was told that you won't get previous month's RVUs that you earned, unless you work at least 1 day next month, so it's included in your next paycheck. Any truth to this?

Members don't see this ad.

??
Unless there is something in your contract...you are entitled to all the RVU's you earn

Reactions: 2 users
Whoever told you this is either mistaken or their employer is engaged in straight up wage theft. If it's the latter, I would have exactly zero hesitation to contact the state's attorney general's office. They have divisions set up to deal with this kind of stuff. As an example: Labor Bureau | New York State Attorney General

In most situations the way this works is that you get mailed a check with the RVU/bonus money you are owed with a little delay (like on the 60-90 day timescale).

Reactions: 4 users
If you're being paid on RVU basis, it's there something you need to consider before quitting? I was told that you won't get previous month's RVUs that you earned, unless you work at least 1 day next month, so it's included in your next paycheck. Any truth to this?
Ask your employer and get it in writing.