Rowan (DO) vs Drexel (MD)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rooks

Pre-med
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should you always take the MD and run?

Members don't see this ad.

I would personally take the MD just because I have goals of potentially practicing internationally and want to keep my options open (some international countries still do not recognize DO). But it really depends on what Rowan has to offer for you to make you choose it over the MD, such as proximity to family and cost and also the specialties you intend to practice. I would look at the match list for both schools and see which one matches more in your specialty of choosing and also overall matches more to competitive specialties.

Were you able to visit both campuses and talk to students? This is another factor if you like the campus/ location and your interaction with the students/ people there. Attending DO schools in my opinion is not a disadvantage in most cases, so it comes down to where you see yourself happier and considering factors important to you.

Reactions: 1 user
Drexel, you want to keep the door open to competitive specialties with the MD.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry in advance for being facetious., but you should really consider Rowan if you want to learn OMM and treat the whole person. You will not get that at Drexel. Besides, Drexel's match list this year sucks. :rofl:

Sorry in advance for being facetious., but you should really consider Rowan if you want to learn OMM and treat the whole person. You will not get that at Drexel. Besides, Drexel's match list this year sucks. :rofl:

This is such crappy advice lol. If someone is interested in OMM but has the option to go to an MD school then they can just watch some OMM lectures on Youtube or something. Why would you intentionally make your life harder for something that’s essentially an interest/hobby?

This is such crappy advice lol. If someone is interested in OMM but has the option to go to an MD school then they can just watch some OMM lectures on Youtube or something. Why would you intentionally make your life harder for something that’s essentially an interest/hobby?
Take a chill pill. I am being facetious. I got sick of posting "MD over DO all day, every day, and twice on Sunday."

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users
@Bowel-Plumber @TheoGreene451 @MDMechEngr @PuzzlesMD In a similar situation. Thoughts on Ponce St Louis MD (new campus with no match yet, main campus is established in Puerto Rico) or a good DO such as ACOM?

I honestly know nothing about Ponce or ACOM so I’m really not in a position to decide. Going to a new school with no match list is tough and I would likely say DO if the DO school you mentioned is actually good. Then again, Ponce is established with their PR school in a sense so perhaps it’ll he okay in St Louis? Honestly a very tough call