rotation schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

which order should I try for?

• [IM elective (neuro, GI, PULM), vacation, ortho][Sx, FM, OMM] [IM, Psych, IM] [OBGYN / PEDS]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [OBGYN / PEDS] [IM elective (neuro, GI, PULM), vacation, ortho][Sx, FM, OMM] [IM, Psych, IM]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

premyo2002

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a 2nd year DO student, ortho hopeful, planning my 3rd year rotations. Seeing as most of you have gone through this, any input on which way I should schedule my core rotations is appreciated. I want to rock the rotation, but I’m not sure if holding it off to the last moment to make myself more experienced is the best idea.

The items in brackets are blocks and cannot be changed.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same boat as you, but I think holding off may be the best idea.

I am not a resident, but there are a number of threads in the Clinical Rotations section of the website that give good information about scheduling from the student's perspective.

I'm a 2nd year DO student, ortho hopeful, planning my 3rd year rotations. Seeing as most of you have gone through this, any input on which way I should schedule my core rotations is appreciated. I want to rock the rotation, but I'm not sure if holding it off to the last moment to make myself more experienced is the best idea.

The items in brackets are blocks and cannot be changed.

Thanks.

Guess you were trying to post your schedule but it didn't transfer?

I don't know how your school works, but I'll just give you my perspective. I took Surgery at the end of my 3rd year, and started up my 4th year with my Ortho rotations. Personally, I found the proximity of Surgery to my Ortho rotations very helpful when rounding on ward patients. I was able to use a lot of the basic perioperative management I learned from the General Surgeons to shine on my Ortho rotations. In addition, the anatomy that General Surg forced me to learn was extremely helpful when it came time to get deep on Ortho anatomy.

EDIT: whoops, sorry, just noticed the poll portion. Not sure what the abbreviations are. Sx = Surgery? OMM? Personally, I like the last one the best.