Roseman University of Health Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats. When did you guys receive your invitation emails? Also, did you have your pcat scores completed prior to the invitation?

Members don't see this ad.

Me too!!! Nice!!! Hey do they have Rollin admissions? I wanna do January but if they started accepting right after interviews it would be better to go nov does anyone know?. hhha congrats guys!!! Imma go nov too!!

They do and they don't. They say they don't but if they didn't have rolling admissions then how could they accept people so early? If you get above a certain amount of points you "automatically get in" I assume. I also assume that it's very hard and that you need to have really good or at least decent stats (at least the average) and a good interview score plus extra things in your application they like.

Last year I want to say 10~ people got accepted 3 weeks after interviewing in Nov. But there were 20 that interviewed? I don't know the numbers so I'm sorry if I'm wrong but I'm assuming that's what they were. The people who didn't get accepted after the 3 weeks were because their total scores weren't high enough to get automatically accepted (once again I'm assuming). As time goes on they lower the highest amount of points needed for automatic acceptance and that's how people get in later on. So if it was 100 (a made up number) then by January interviews it could drop to like 95 then after the 2nd interview in January to 90, etc.

This is all my theory but it fits on how they did it in the past.

Congrats. When did you guys receive your invitation emails? Also, did you have your pcat scores completed prior to the invitation?

Yeah your PCAT scores need to be submitted to the school probably around a few days at least before invitations get sent out to be eligible. It needs to be 100% complete.

It says I got the email at 3:57 MDT today- I was checking my email since this morning to see if they sent me one because I figured it would be today. They start sending invitations out the 3rd Monday in Oct. Good to know they still stand by what they've done the last 2 years and the interview is for 3 weeks after that monday (Nov. 5)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah your PCAT scores need to be submitted to the school probably around a few days at least before invitations get sent out to be eligible. It needs to be 100% complete.

It says I got the email at 3:57 MDT today- I was checking my email since this morning to see if they sent me one because I figured it would be today. They start sending invitations out the 3rd Monday in Oct. Good to know they still stand by what they've done the last 2 years and the interview is for 3 weeks after that monday (Nov. 5)

I took my pcat on sept 18 and still haven't received official scores. I guess I won't be seeing an invitation for Nov?

I got interview too :) so happy to be there on November fifth! Any idea how to get prepare for interview? I checked interview feedback, but I can't find some sample question over there. it just asked to fill out the survey
Please help:)

I got interview too :) so happy to be there on November fifth! Any idea how to get prepare for interview? I checked interview feedback, but I can't find some sample question over there. it just asked to fill out the survey
Please help:)

Here's the link for interview feedback: http://studentdoctor.net/schools/school/ruhs-pharm/survey/26

Click on "Questions" near the bottom of the page and it will show you all the stuff you want.

I took my pcat on sept 18 and still haven't received official scores. I guess I won't be seeing an invitation for Nov?

It took almost exactly 5 weeks so you probably won't get your score until around Oct. 23~. However.. A few more invitations will be sent out because some people might decline these invitations (already accepted at another school or something), but not many.

Here's the link for interview feedback: http://studentdoctor.net/schools/school/ruhs-pharm/survey/26

Click on "Questions" near the bottom of the page and it will show you all the stuff you want.

It took almost exactly 5 weeks so you probably won't get your score until around Oct. 23~. However.. A few more invitations will be sent out because some people might decline these invitations (already accepted at another school or something), but not many.

Thanks so much :thumbup:

Thanks so much :thumbup:

Hey if you guys who have been accepted don't mind would you list your GPA/Science GPA, PCAT scores, if you're a resident of UT or NV and if you have a degree since these are what get you an interview. It'll be cool to know what it's like this year and it could be used as a reference for people applying later.

http://www.roseman.edu/node/135

The interview selection score evaluates a candidate's:

Overall GPA
Science prerequisite GPA
(applicants must complete 5 of the required 8 math/science prerequisites by the end of December)
PCAT score

Additional points are added to the candidate's interview selection score if he/she:

Is a Nevada or Utah resident.
Possesses a bachelor's, master's or other doctoral-level degrees in health, applied or physical sciences.

Hey if you guys who have been accepted don't mind would you list your GPA/Science GPA, PCAT scores, if you're a resident of UT or NV and if you have a degree since these are what get you an interview. It'll be cool to know what it's like this year and it could be used as a reference for people applying later.

http://www.roseman.edu/node/135

The interview selection score evaluates a candidate's:

Overall GPA
Science prerequisite GPA
(applicants must complete 5 of the required 8 math/science prerequisites by the end of December)
PCAT score

Additional points are added to the candidate's interview selection score if he/she:

Is a Nevada or Utah resident.
Possesses a bachelor's, master's or other doctoral-level degrees in health, applied or physical sciences.

3.5 GPA
3.7 science/math GPA
50+ hours volunteering at pharmacy
Pcat 40% :(
Arizona resident:)

They do and they don't. They say they don't but if they didn't have rolling admissions then how could they accept people so early? If you get above a certain amount of points you "automatically get in" I assume. I also assume that it's very hard and that you need to have really good or at least decent stats (at least the average) and a good interview score plus extra things in your application they like.

Last year I want to say 10~ people got accepted 3 weeks after interviewing in Nov. But there were 20 that interviewed? I don't know the numbers so I'm sorry if I'm wrong but I'm assuming that's what they were. The people who didn't get accepted after the 3 weeks were because their total scores weren't high enough to get automatically accepted (once again I'm assuming). As time goes on they lower the highest amount of points needed for automatic acceptance and that's how people get in later on. So if it was 100 (a made up number) then by January interviews it could drop to like 95 then after the 2nd interview in January to 90, etc.

This is all my theory but it fits on how they did it in the past.

It could also be accept X number of people starting with the highest total score until maximum allowed acceptances reached, then expand maximum number of acceptances after each interview session, re-rank, lather, rinse, repeat.

It could also be accept X number of people starting with the highest total score until maximum allowed acceptances reached, then expand maximum number of acceptances after each interview session, re-rank, lather, rinse, repeat.

Interesting

GPA - 3.8
Science GPA - 3.7
PCAT - 88%
No degree
UT resident
50+ hours shadowing at a pharmacy as well

Gpa 3.9
Math/Sci - 4.0
Gpa is this only with academic forgiveness. Without I'm a 2.72 for both
No degree
Pcat 52 - :(
Elected in office in 3 organizations
50+ hrs shadowing
30 hrs comm service
Part Time job at pharmacy school
4 awards-
Chicago resident

Fingers crossed!!!!

Has anyone heard back about there interview date? I emailed dr. Deyoung for scheduling but I haven't heard back yet to confirm. I need to book my ticket ASAP bc it's so expensive. If anyone gets confirmed for a date please lemme know. I requested nov 5 and jan 24

Members don't see this ad :)
If I have a 2.63 GPA but have retaken all the courses and did very well in them, do you think they will consider me? PCAT is in november...I also have letters of recommendations and pharmacy experience

If your gpa from the past 5 years is 2.8 or higher, then yes.

Me too!!! Nice!!! Hey do they have Rollin admissions? I wanna do January but if they started accepting right after interviews it would be better to go nov does anyone know?. hhha congrats guys!!! Imma go nov too!!

Congrat on your interview hope it goes well, still waiting for mine:scared:

Gpa 3.9
Math/Sci - 4.0
Gpa is this only with academic forgiveness. Without I'm a 2.72 for both
No degree
Pcat 52 - :(
Elected in office in 3 organizations
50+ hrs shadowing
30 hrs comm service
Part Time job at pharmacy school
4 awards-
Chicago resident

Fingers crossed!!!!

Has anyone heard back about there interview date? I emailed dr. Deyoung for scheduling but I haven't heard back yet to confirm. I need to book my ticket ASAP bc it's so expensive. If anyone gets confirmed for a date please lemme know. I requested nov 5 and jan 24

I got an email back 5 minutes after I sent my response but I think he was at his computer. Not sure though. I also picked the same dates as you.

If I have a 2.63 GPA but have retaken all the courses and did very well in them, do you think they will consider me? PCAT is in november...I also have letters of recommendations and pharmacy experience

Do they even look at letters of recommendation? I could have gotten 3 but I chose not to because I didn't think I'd need them for Roseman.

Gpa:3.61
Science gpa: 3.71
PCAT: 92- but took it sept 24 so school hasn't received my score
Nv resident
Bachelor of science in biology
40 hours shadowing in clinical pharmacy
1 year working in retail pharmacy as pharmacy sales associate

Gpa:3.61
Science gpa: 3.71
PCAT: 92- but took it sept 24 so school hasn't received my score
Nv resident
Bachelor of science in biology
40 hours shadowing in clinical pharmacy
1 year working in retail pharmacy as pharmacy sales associate

Did receive an invitation for November even though you took the pcat in September?

Did receive an invitation for November even though you took the pcat in September?
No, they haven't released my scores yet so no interview. Just hoping to get one once my scores are released. We're in the same boat.lol

I got an email back 5 minutes after I sent my response but I think he was at his computer. Not sure though. I also picked the same dates as you.

Cool! I just got the confirmation. Man it's gonna be hard I have to fly in Monday morning than fly out Monday night! But last flight is at 7:20 back to Chicago I hope I make it in time

If your gpa from the past 5 years is 2.8 or higher, then yes.

I just returned back last winter, I took physics and lab orgo 2(after not being in school for 8 years but the advisor said i should and that its easy) I failed orgo 2 got a B in the lab, C in physics and A in lab, I took orgo 1 there in the spring and got a B and A in lab, took AP1 recieved an A and an A in calculus.. im currently taking orgo 2, inorganic chemistry 1, and AP 2...would they take the GPA from these courses? my math and science gpa is roughly a 3.3

Do they even look at letters of recommendation? I could have gotten 3 but I chose not to because I didn't think I'd need them for Roseman.
Your right I dont believe they do, however my science/math gpa is roughly a 3.3 and overall 2.63 bc pharmcas calcualtes ALL grades EVER, which is kind of messed up since people right out of highschool arent as serious as they might be 8 years later. Should I even apply...

Your right I dont believe they do, however my science/math gpa is roughly a 3.3 and overall 2.63 bc pharmcas calcualtes ALL grades EVER, which is kind of messed up since people right out of highschool arent as serious as they might be 8 years later. Should I even apply...

Although this doesn't apply to Roseman directly, if just your GPA is the issue and you have the experiences and PCAT to show that you're serious about Pharmacy, you should apply. I went to UCSF's workshop this summer and they took someone with a 2.54 GPA because they excelled in all other aspects of their application, and it's UCSF. So you should try, because if you don't, you'll always wonder. Also, you should make sure that you are meeting all the GPA requirements for the schools that you are applying to. Roseman requires a 2.8 overall GPA, so you shouldn't waste your time and money. I applied to OSU with a 2.98 and they require a 3.0 and they rejected my application for low GPA and wouldn't reconsider me after academic update. So keep that in mind.....sorry for the long rant

Is that your GPA after 8 years? Because they only require grades from last 5 years. They don't care what your GPA is on pharmcas, they only look at the supplemental application for GPA and if you checked academic forgiveness, it doesn't matter what you did more than 5 years ago.

Moonwake is correct but also keep in mind that with academic forgiveness grades that are older than 5 years. (Even if u got an "A") will not be used

Cool! I just got the confirmation. Man it's gonna be hard I have to fly in Monday morning than fly out Monday night! But last flight is at 7:20 back to Chicago I hope I make it in time

I think that you should have no worries about this unless you get the last interview slot, whichever time that may be. Are you renting a car or taxiing?

I think that you should have no worries about this unless you get the last interview slot, whichever time that may be. Are you renting a car or taxiing?

I'm not sure yet. What do you think? I can take a taxi from the airport to the school but the trip back doesn't look good. But if I rent a car I have to drop off the rental than get to the Gate in time.

Does Roseman usually send out invitations on monday?

The last 3 years they sent the first invitations out on the 3rd Monday in October. I think that after that any day is possible, but I'm not sure.

I'm not sure yet. What do you think? I can take a taxi from the airport to the school but the trip back doesn't look good. But if I rent a car I have to drop off the rental than get to the Gate in time.

Hmm... cost comparison? I drove in so I'm not familiar with either of the prices.

I just got an email from Dr. DeYoung for an interview today! I'm so excited! I can't wait! November 5th is my first choice. It's gonna be my first interview ever for pharmacy school :xf: And hopefully, it's my last because Roseman is my first choice.

Sent in my supplemental on 10/17, they received it on 10/18, and I got the email on the next day, which is today 10/19. :D

I just got an email from Dr. DeYoung for an interview today! I'm so excited! I can't wait! November 5th is my first choice. It's gonna be my first interview ever for pharmacy school :xf: And hopefully, it's my last because Roseman is my first choice.

Sent in my supplemental on 10/17, they received it on 10/18, and I got the email on the next day, which is today 10/19. :D

Awesome congrats- See you there!

Congrats. What are ur stats?
Do u know when PharmCAS sent ur app to Roseman?

wow that was quick. When did you take your pcat? congrats btw

Last edited:
wow that was quick. When did you take your pcat? congrats btw

Thanks! My PharmCAS GPA is 3.76. Sci GPA is 3.86. PCAT 66 percentile :mad: (I got 97 in Biology section though). If you're referring to the pre-req GPA on supplemental application, mine is 4.0.

Oh and PharmCAS sent in my application on 10/16.

Thanks! My PharmCAS GPA is 3.76. Sci GPA is 3.86. PCAT 66 percentile :mad: (I got 97 in Biology section though). If you're referring to the pre-req GPA on supplemental application, mine is 4.0.

Oh and PharmCAS sent in my application on 10/16.

Ahh i have very similar stats as everyone on this forum but i took my pcat in September so im guessing that's why i didnt get called. When did you take yours?

I went to Roseman (Henderson) on Wednesday night for Continue Education course for my pharm tech license. I only got to see the student commons and P1 classroom. And I have to say that I really like the setup for P1 classroom.

Do you guys have any general interview tips for a first timer like me? Any good news from anyone else?

Roseman University in NV sounds great. But I'm not really into the whole Pass/No Pass grading system. Are there any cons about graduating and not having a GPA? Would an employer ask about your grades?

Roseman University in NV sounds great. But I'm not really into the whole Pass/No Pass grading system. Are there any cons about graduating and not having a GPA? Would an employer ask about your grades?
Wouldnt your NAPLEX score be something that theyd ask you about? I doubt getting asked questions on classes will come up, but then again im not sure cause im not a pharmacist. But maybe the classes thing will come up when youre trying to apply for a residency program?

Would an employer ask about your grades?

I have talked to the pharmacy director of the local hospital here in Vegas. Her answer was that the employers don't really care about your grades once you graduate with a PharmD and have a license. All they are looking for are professionalism, an ability to work with other pharmacists/technicians and quickly learn how the systems (computer programs,etc.) work.

I wish you the best of luck mine is jan 24, 2013

Great news. They got my pcat score today. Just got a call from Dr. DeYoung for the Nov. 5 interview date. Yay!