Roseman University of Health Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When did you interview?
Just spoke to Dr. DeYoung and got accepted into Utah! Im on the waitlist for vegas! Hopefully the waitlist opens up later! Imma cross my fingers for us all! If not, ill see yall in utah! Congrats everybody!!

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone get their enrollment packet yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when we will receive info for financial aid?

I had relinquished my seat at the NV campus yesterday afternoon and Dr. DeYoung confirmed it so I hope that it opens up a spot for someone still waiting!! Good luck to you all!!!

Now a days, everyone does have a facebook account !, especially those applying to grad schools !
Not everyone has a Facebook account though.

Yes I think the college is done with interviews. Someone posted on the forum and said the last interview date was April 3rd.

Now a days, everyone does have a facebook account !, especially those applying to grad schools !

Not everyone. What makes you think so?

I spoke with Dr. De young and he said, he never confirmed such thing as Nevada campus being full.

Then why is there already a wait list for the Nevada campus?

Wow I didn't know it would be 200K. What pharmacy school did you go to and would you say that you
have regrets. Was your post a warning not to go into pharmacy? Maybe you can elaborate more on your own personal experience.
This school will cost you close to 200k that is with living expenses. unless you have resources to cover your expenses and you get a loan just for tuition it will be less for sure. Don't get me wrong. I do not want to scare anybody. All I am saying is look for facts and make your decisions based on facts. most of my class mates are in the 200k ball park for their student debt. remember interest will be accrued as well. If you think pharmacy is a good field just because it pays more, that is not a right reason. the job market is saturated. This is a fact. do not forget pharmacy schools give a rosy picture of the profession. it is a touch path and it doesn't end with graduation and the way it is moving right now it will just get worse.

Not everyone. What makes you think so?
Take a quick look around yourself and you will find out.

Then why is there already a wait list for the Nevada campus?
A waitlist forms simply because there are always students who score higher and students who score lower. Those with higher scores get to choose first and the rest have to WAIT.

This school will cost you close to 200k that is with living expenses. unless you have resources to cover your expenses and you get a loan just for tuition it will be less for sure. Don't get me wrong. I do not want to scare anybody. All I am saying is look for facts and make your decisions based on facts. most of my class mates are in the 200k ball park for their student debt. remember interest will be accrued as well. If you think pharmacy is a good field just because it pays more, that is not a right reason. the job market is saturated. This is a fact. do not forget pharmacy schools give a rosy picture of the profession. it is a touch path and it doesn't end with graduation and the way it is moving right now it will just get worse.

Are you a current or previous student at Roseman?

Members don't see this ad :)
$200k buys you a great education and an open door to opportunities you never had. The job market is only saturated for specific jobs or in specific areas- broaden your search and you won't have a problem. I know plenty of recent grads who quickly secured $120k+ jobs (with sign-on bonuses) all here in urban/suburban areas in California. Plenty.

First, $200k is a price tag common with most pharmacy schools, so your posts don't belong in this thread.

Second, the value of this education and opportunity is a very subjective matter - like determining what price to pay for an engagement ring. Those who have chosen to take on this debt load are still investing in themselves; whether they *should* take this route depends on where they were and where they want to be - both are matters you have no business discussing.

Third, are our decisions affecting you somehow? If so (e.g. you're sitting on the waitlist for NV) then shame on you for misrepresenting yourself. If not, then you need to find a hobby, bro, and stop trolling these boards. Nobody asked for your pessimism.

$200k buys you a great education and an open door to opportunities you never had. The job market is only saturated for specific jobs or in specific areas- broaden your search and you won't have a problem. I know plenty of recent grads who quickly secured $120k+ jobs (with sign-on bonuses) all here in urban/suburban areas in California. Plenty.

First, $200k is a price tag common with most pharmacy schools, so your posts don't belong in this thread.

Second, the value of this education and opportunity is a very subjective matter - like determining what price to pay for an engagement ring. Those who have chosen to take on this debt load are still investing in themselves; whether they *should* take this route depends on where they were and where they want to be - both are matters you have no business discussing.

Third, are our decisions affecting you somehow? If so (e.g. you're sitting on the waitlist for NV) then shame on you for misrepresenting yourself. If not, then you need to find a hobby, bro, and stop trolling these boards. Nobody asked for your pessimism.

Amen.

Of course he/she's on the waitlist for NV why else would this person start talking about this "oversaturation" in our thread when henderson became "full". Don't fee the troll... To the original troller, I hope you don't get into Roseman I wouldn't want you as my team mate. And the fact that you are on the waitlist gives me hope that the interviewers saw through your shady personality.

Your decision is not affecting me at all. I am done and i am working. All I am saying that what I had expected and what I saw in the job market don't match. I don't know how much experience you have working in the field of pharmacy. All I am trying to say is that do your research about this field. I don't care if you're going to accept their offer or not. We had people in our class who dropped out after they got a taste of pharmacy. I know a pharmacy manager at CVS who was transferred (twice) to hospital due to stress. You hear and see more of this once you start working. I am not saying this is a wrong or right decision. all I am saying is make sure this is something you want to do; it is not all about money. It looks like you know what you want to do so good for you. but this may make some people do more research and find out more and they are doing themselves a favor doing that. I didn't like your tone in your last reply. you don't need to get offensive if my posts don't apply to you.

Your decision is not affecting me at all. I am done and i am working. All I am saying that what I had expected and what I saw in the job market don't match. I don't know how much experience you have working in the field of pharmacy. All I am trying to say is that do your research about this field. I don't care if you're going to accept their offer or not. We had people in our class who dropped out after they got a taste of pharmacy. I know a pharmacy manager at CVS who was transferred (twice) to hospital due to stress. You hear and see more of this once you start working. I am not saying this is a wrong or right decision. all I am saying is make sure this is something you want to do; it is not all about money. It looks like you know what you want to do so good for you. but this may make some people do more research and find out more and they are doing themselves a favor doing that. I didn't like your tone in your last reply. you don't need to get offensive if my posts don't apply to you.

Stop selling wolf tickets brah

When are these enrollment packets due? I want to get a sense of when seats will open up.

Hey cupcake, the deposit and other forms are due May 3rd. The other deadline is for background checks/drug screening. Those are to be done after August 1st. So maybe some seats will open early May and throughout August. Hope this helps, I've been reading your posts and I've been rooting for ya. Best of luck.

RobertJS, please stop trolling our board. You must be beyond arrogant to sign up for SDN to post questionable warnings to prospective pharmacy students. You may like the smell of your own crap, but it stinks in here. Post your **** elsewhere.

Hey guys...I kind of forgot to ask......is there any kind of attire requirements for school? Some schools want you to dress business casual everyday.

Also last year roughly when did they have the white coat ceremony? I am trying to get a rough idea for family traveling.

I will be in Salt Lake City and very excited to be attending. Paying a large tuition is tough but, it is a commitment to your education and future. If you are driven and don't live beyond your means it is attainable. People need to quit looking at pharmacy for the salary aspect and focus on the quality of pharmacist they are going to be and have a plan. I have worked in mainly inpatient hospital but, retail also. You find your niche and know if you are a good fit. It gets very stressful at times in both settings. It is not a walk in the park always...trust me! :)

Has anyone from april 2nd heard back yet? I'm getting a little anxious >.<

Has anyone heard back from interviews recently? any new admission calls?

I have done my research and find that your posts are overly pessimistic and inconsistent with the outlook and experience a majority of pharmacists have. Also, you tried to make it seem like $200k was unusually high or unique to Roseman, which were both inaccurate. That is all I have, I'm done with this pointless debate.

Last edited:
Can I get my call already...
Maybe I should have choose an earlier interview date as opposed to the 2nd to last one...

Last edited:
Just emailed Dr. Deyoung and since I interviewed on April 2nd, he won't let me know my status til May 8..."sigh" :/

Hey cupcake, the deposit and other forms are due May 3rd. The other deadline is for background checks/drug screening. Those are to be done after August 1st. So maybe some seats will open early May and throughout August. Hope this helps, I've been reading your posts and I've been rooting for ya. Best of luck.

Thanks! :)

Another thing to consider: there may be people holding a spot at Roseman and waiting for another school to get back to them, which could happen up until classes start. Even though I'm set on Roseman, I'm on a waiting list at another school which hasn't contacted me yet (I just want to see if I would have made the cut). Anyway, I'm rooting for you too :xf:

Any one interview on 3/12 get acceptance call?
my GPA: 3.4
PCAT: 90
possible score is low and I did bad at interview, may be they put me on the reject list.:(

Last edited:
Just emailed Dr. Deyoung and since I interviewed on April 2nd, he won't let me know my status til May 8..."sigh" :/

Especially since Dr. Deyoung sent out the registration packet later than anticipated, the rest of us who have not heard back will probably hear back around the same time as you.

Another thing to consider: there may be people holding a spot at Roseman and waiting for another school to get back to them, which could happen up until classes start. Even though I'm set on Roseman, I'm on a waiting list at another school which hasn't contacted me yet (I just want to see if I would have made the cut). Anyway, I'm rooting for you too :xf:

Thanks! :) Yeah I've also consider that. The waiting process is so long...

Hi all,

Congrats to everyone that has gotten accepted to Roseman Class of 2016. My name is Link and I'm the outgoing Class of 2013 class president (Henderson campus). Please e-mail at [email protected] or private message me if you have any questions/concerns about the program, or about Vegas in general. I've lived here since 1997 and I'm graduating Roseman in June :)

Best of luck to everyone waiting for a reply.

All the best,
Link

Hi all,

Congrats to everyone that has gotten accepted to Roseman Class of 2016. My name is Link and I'm the outgoing Class of 2013 class president (Henderson campus). Please e-mail at [email protected] or private message me if you have any questions/concerns about the program, or about Vegas in general. I've lived here since 1997 and I'm graduating Roseman in June :)

All the best,
Link

question about Roseman accept students depend on the good performing of interview or on the gpa/pcat scores?

Hi all,

All the best,
Link

Hi Link! Thanks for offering your help. I have a question on neighborhoods in the area of Roseman. Out of these listed, which would you avoid, if any?

Green Valley North/South
Mission Hills
Gibson Springs

Silverado Ranch
Spring Valley
SE Paradise
Winchester
Whitney

Looking for newer neighborhoods, low crime, available services. Thanks!

Hello,

Any part of Green Valley is pretty good, usually if you stick to the Henderson area then you should be fine.

There are really nice place in the Seven Hills area though that might be a little pricier. Paradise might be cheaper and its a decent area.

There are also some condo's/apartments right near school that is safe and central to everything you would need as well.

Mission Hills - far from school i think?
Gibson Springs - nice area, no crime from what i can tell

Silverado Ranch - decent, I live in that area.
Spring Valley -
SE Paradise - decent, lower/cheaper option
Winchester - i would stay away
Whitney - not too familiar

Oh and my girlfriend is moving out of her condo in June and she's looking to rent it out to some Roseman students if she can, it's less than 2 minutes away from school.

Private message me if you have any other questions. Thx!

-link

haven't heard anything since my april 2nd interview date!! the wait is scary!!... hope i get in :) wish everyone good-luck~

I haven't heard anything as well..getting kinda nervous as well. I hope the school saved some spots for ppl who interviewed on that date and not just placed us all on waitlist :/

I think that the school has to reserve spots for admission for all interview groups.
There is no way everyone from April 2nd goes straight on to waitlist. I interviewed
March 26th and a week later I got admission and he said there was space at both campuses.

I think that the school has to reserve spots for admission for all interview groups.
There is no way everyone from April 2nd goes straight on to waitlist. I interviewed
March 26th and a week later I got admission and he said there was space at both campuses.

Congrats, who did you interview with?

Last edited:
I interviewed with Dr. Decerbo and some pharmacy student. The interview was pretty easy and laid
back. I was surprised to hear back so quickly. Good luck to everyone interviewing. I just turned
in my paperwork so I definitely have a spot reserved. Looking forward to school in August.

Speaking of interviews, I interviewed with Dr. Dey on April 2. Still havent heard anything back yet. Anyone else interviewed with Dr. Dey? It was hard to read him so i felt he was a hard interviewer. Anyone else with input on him? Anyways, still waiting and goodluck to everyone still waiting to hear back.

I interviewed with Dr. Decerbo and some pharmacy student. The interview was pretty easy and laid
back. I was surprised to hear back so quickly. Good luck to everyone interviewing. I just turned
in my paperwork so I definitely have a spot reserved. Looking forward to school in August.

What is your scores if you don't mind?:)

I had a 3.8 GPA with academic forgiveness and a 94 on the pcat. I have no pharmacy experience and barely any extracurriculars. The forgiveness really helped me out.

Speaking of interviews, I interviewed with Dr. Dey on April 2. Still havent heard anything back yet. Anyone else interviewed with Dr. Dey? It was hard to read him so i felt he was a hard interviewer. Anyone else with input on him? Anyways, still waiting and goodluck to everyone still waiting to hear back.

I interviewed with Dr. Dey back in February and he was overall very nice and laid back, however I would agree that he was a bit harder to read in terms of how well I was doing during the interview. He was also probably the only professor who I sent an thank you email and did not respond. That being said, I still received my acceptance call 2 weeks after my interview. So bottom line, don't sweat it too much. :)

I interviewed with Dr. Dey back in February and he was overall very nice and laid back, however I would agree that he was a bit harder to read in terms of how well I was doing during the interview. He was also probably the only professor who I sent an thank you email and did not respond. That being said, I still received my acceptance call 2 weeks after my interview. So bottom line, don't sweat it too much. :)

Oh thats great, congrats! Hopefully ill have the same luck as you!

Any acceptances from April 2 interview yet? Or is it a consensus that we will know after that may 8 day.