Roseman University of Health Sciences (Entering 2014)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I heard its a dell computer huge and clunky! I asked them if I can opt out of it but they won't allow that anymore. I agree $2400 I can buy a nice mac!! >:[

Forcing ... = Robbery !!

I would not even apply to this school....

Members don't see this ad.

Just out of curiosity why wouldn't you go to this school? I need to decide quickly on whether or not to take the seat I was offered at Roseman.

If not via the laptop then they'll find some other way to bleed you, sad fact of life

Members don't see this ad :)
Just out of curiosity why wouldn't you go to this school? I need to decide quickly on whether or not to take the seat I was offered at Roseman.

I heard its a dell computer huge and clunky! I asked them if I can opt out of it but they won't allow that anymore. I agree $2400 I can buy a nice mac!! >:[

If not via the laptop then they'll find some other way to bleed you, sad fact of life

Why I would not go or even apply to this school ?? Based on this single computer thing, I do not want to be a student at a school that is trying to make money that blatantly over petty things like computers. It is like a red flag from the beginning... Also, it is expensive compared to other pharmacy schools.

They just put 2400 as the "worst case." I believe the new one for this year is the Dell E6440. Not a great laptop, but something they have onsite support for and can replace immediately. The actual cost is going to be around 1400 I believe.

Yes, the computer they forced us to buy at $2400 is a pain. All students complained about it.

On the other side of this half-full glass, in this school, you will have no competition. All your classmates will have reason to love you and help you because you either PASS or FAIL. No ranking. No top of class. No bottom of class. Classmates often have no reason to not help if you beg for help.
If you have admissions to many schools that have the same loving support system, then, take your pick.

Just sharing another point. Now, is this point going to weigh more and worth more in your mind? You are the only one that can decide.

Good luck with your new endeavor and please come back and help others after you go through that hard times.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the earliest time is we can enter the campus? Website says campus opens at 8am. Im wondering if we can get in earlier.

Does anyone know what the earliest time is we can enter the campus? Website says campus opens at 8am. Im wondering if we can get in earlier.
I know SoJo is open at 7 in the summer.

They just put 2400 as the "worst case." I believe the new one for this year is the Dell E6440. Not a great laptop, but something they have onsite support for and can replace immediately. The actual cost is going to be around 1400 I believe.

If it is $1,400 I can live with that, but $2,400 is crazy. A student needs to eat!

Does anyone know how to be exempt from getting vaccines?? I live in Nevada going to Sojo campus do I need exemption proof from nv or ut? And how do I get one ??

Last edited by a moderator:
If it is $1,400 I can live with that, but $2,400 is crazy. A student needs to eat!

$1,400 ?? I can easily buy a good MacBook Pro with all the excellent Apple's customer service/tech support which allows me to run both WIN and Mac OS on it.

$1,400 for that Dell ?? What a ripoff !!

That dell model weighs 5lb! I can get the Mac air for that price lighter and functions lot better. >: [ I guess $1400 is better than $2400! Is it required that we have to use it or can we still use our personal one that we have already?

Reactions: 1 user
That dell model weighs 5lb! I can get the Mac air for that price lighter and functions lot better. >: [ I guess $1400 is better than $2400! Is it required that we have to use it or can we still use our personal one that we have already?

this just confirms my post above !! well said subieazndoll !! :thumbup::thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
You just have to get the powerpoint slides on your own laptop. It is a bit trickier to print from your own laptop at campus it seems, but I am sure you could figure it out. $1400 is a bit much, but with the warranty you have instant onsite support which costs a ton. So if you spill water on it and destroy it, they replace it that day.

You just have to get the powerpoint slides on your own laptop. It is a bit trickier to print from your own laptop at campus it seems, but I am sure you could figure it out. $1400 is a bit much, but with the warranty you have instant onsite support which costs a ton. So if you spill water on it and destroy it, they replace it that day.

same with Apple's computers with Apple Care !! And you know how that Dell computer would compare against Apple's already... lol :)

Oh that's good to know lol is all the studying material already loaded on to the laptop when we get them?

Does anyone know how to be exempt from getting vaccines?? I live in Nevada going to Sojo campus do I need exemption proof from nv or ut? And how do I get one ??

You just have to email proof of your vaccinations. I haven't had one in years so I just got it done and emailed them a copy of the record.

$1,400 is still a rip, but it's better than $2,400. Places like bestbuy are practically giving laptops away. Many with the same specs as a Dell E6440 can be bought for $400.

$1,400 is still a rip, but it's better than $2,400. Places like bestbuy are practically giving laptops away. Many with the same specs as a Dell E6440 can be bought for $400.
I am by no way defending this laptop, I think they are slow and take time to adjust to the speed. I was just trying to give some more info on what we are getting.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone having cold feet about rx school and the tuition?

Anyone having cold feet about rx school and the tuition?
Yes the debt that I was about to take on seemed too unbearable to justify. Therefore, I had to decline my seat.

Yes the debt that I was about to take on seemed too unbearable to justify. Therefore, I had to decline my seat.

I think you make the right decision for your situation. GL !!

I'm looking for a place to move in asap, will be attending Roseman Dental School in Utah. Let me know if anyone needs a roommate. Thank you!

Pharmacy school is expensive so you should really think about If its what u really want to do... I really do! and I wish ppl who have a spot and are not sure would give their seat up...

i'm just curious, is the school still accepting waitlisted students from the Utah and Nevada campus? I've been on the waitlist for a while and I haven't heard back yet. Is there a deadline for the admissions comittee?

i'm just curious, is the school still accepting waitlisted students from the Utah and Nevada campus? I've been on the waitlist for a while and I haven't heard back yet. Is there a deadline for the admissions comittee?
Yes, I recieved a call last week from Dr. Park. Don't give up hope! Be prepared, as they only give you 1 night to decide.

Yes, I recieved a call last week from Dr. Park. Don't give up hope! Be prepared, as they only give you 1 night to decide.
Wow only one night to decide? Don't they start orientation later in august? Which campus did you get into btw? I think last time dr park told me I was top 20 for Utah a few months back.. Not sure how likely my chances are but I'm still hoping!

Wow only one night to decide? Don't they start orientation later in august? Which campus did you get into btw? I think last time dr park told me I was top 20 for Utah a few months back.. Not sure how likely my chances are but I'm still hoping!
I was 20th on the waitlist after my interview for South Jordan. I turned my seat down that I was offered last week, so you should be getting really close. Good luck!

I am going without a doubt because I enjoy this field, however, the tuition aspect of it and its worth is still questionable. Im in a position where I know the money and debt to be accrued may not be worth the investment, especially in today's job market, but it is something that would be fulfilling for ME, and would be a great accomplishment for ME, and that's why I am pursuing it. Hoping for the best for you :)

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know how long each of the 14 P1 blocks are? Is each one 2 weeks long?

Pharmacy school is expensive so you should really think about If its what u really want to do... I really do! and I wish ppl who have a spot and are not sure would give their seat up...
Are you still waitlisted? If yes where are you on the waitlist if you don't mind sharing.

I was 20th on the waitlist after my interview for South Jordan. I turned my seat down that I was offered last week, so you should be getting really close. Good luck!
When did you interview?

When did you interview?
I interviewed in March at the South Jordan campus. After I was wait listed I emailed Dr. Park on two separate occasions. The second time I emailed her in July and asked if my ranking had gone up, 4 or 5 days later she replied and said it was highly likely that she would be offering me a seat. Dr. Park then called me after a few days and offered the seat at SoJo.

I interviewed in March at the South Jordan campus. After I was wait listed I emailed Dr. Park on two separate occasions. The second time I emailed her in July and asked if my ranking had gone up, 4 or 5 days later she replied and said it was highly likely that she would be offering me a seat. Dr. Park then called me after a few days and offered the seat at SoJo.

If u don't mind me asking, what will u do since youre no longer going to pharmacy school?

I am going without a doubt because I enjoy this field, however, the tuition aspect of it and its worth is still questionable. Im in a position where I know the money and debt to be accrued may not be worth the investment, especially in today's job market, but it is something that would be fulfilling for ME, and would be a great accomplishment for ME, and that's why I am pursuing it. Hoping for the best for you :)
I totally agree!!

What about u??
Last time I heard from dr park was like about 1.5 months ago and she told me I was top 20 for Utah but like around 100 for Nevada. I'm pretty sure I won't get into Nevada but I'm not sure if I went up higher for Utah. I emailed dr park earlier this week but she hasn't responded. So maybe I'll give her a call.. Still hoping!

If u don't mind me asking, what will u do since youre no longer going to pharmacy
If u don't mind me asking, what will u do since youre no longer going to pharmacy school?
I currently work as a licensed contractor and will continue to do so. I figured it would end up costing me over $500,000 to get through pharmacy school because of lost wages for 3 years and the cost of pharmacy school. So, for my personal situation I feel I'm better off declining my seat and pursuing another line of work where I can gradually phase myself out of construction. I asked a lot of pharmacists and asked them what they would do in my situation and every one I talked to said they wouldn't take the risk of going to pharmacy school. I have a family with needs so my situation is different than the typical pharmacy student. Please don't get discouraged if this is what you really want! Good luck.

Anyone know how long each of the 14 P1 blocks are? Is each one 2 weeks long?
Yes, each block is only 2 weeks long. They do have a couple "long time blocks " like learning the drugs that goes on concurrently with the normal blocks. Those two block classes have moved really fast so far in the MBA portion.

Hey thanks for sharing that. If I were you, id stay where you're at too..It.makes so much sense. You already seem well-established, and if it were me in a well-established profession, id not take on the risk either. Best of luck to u !

Hadn't been on here since I accepted and the pulled my acceptance. I'm glad I wasn't the only one to have to make the huge decision to revoke my acceptance. I too could not justify the tuition. I have been a tech for 10 years and couldn't imagine doing anything else. It was still a great experience and accomplishment to be accepted, but will be pursuing another career. Good luck everyone!

Hadn't been on here since I accepted and the pulled my acceptance. I'm glad I wasn't the only one to have to make the huge decision to revoke my acceptance. I too could not justify the tuition. I have been a tech for 10 years and couldn't imagine doing anything else. It was still a great experience and accomplishment to be accepted, but will be pursuing another career. Good luck everyone!

To each their own and good luck on your new endeavor.

With that said, you said you've "been a tech for 10 years and couldn't imagine doing anything else" but yet you're "pursuing another career?" No disrespect but in 4 years you could be holding a Pharm D at least. I understand the financial insecurities and the worries but who doesn't? Anyone saying otherwise is lying. Once out of the program and into a job (or any job for that matter) we have to start somewhere and that is usually at the bottom. There will be struggles at first but we all gotta earn our due. Sure we'll be paying our tuition for years (hopefully not decades lol) after graduating but at the same time our salary should be increasing. At that time our payments should be manageable and may possibly start to pay it off early. I look at this as owning a home. I'm a homeowner and owning this home is the best investment I've ever had. This school will be my second. Again, wish you all the best and good luck. AC

Anyone else here praying for last minute miracle acceptance? =/

Renting out one bedroom in a 2-bedroom apartment located in West Jordan, Utah at Willow Cove. 10mins drive to school. Rent does not include utilities, will be split in half. The bedroom does include its own bathroom. Female students preferable and please no smoking or drinking. Must be courteous and respectful of other roommate. Must agree to stay until May and pay $230 in order to be on lease contract. For more information, please pm me. Thanks