Roseman University College of Pharmacy Class of 2020 (Entering Fall 2016)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

khoanguyen1512

Inpatient Clinical pharmacist (VA-Arizona)
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear future P1 Roseman students, my name is Khoa Nguyen and I am currently a P1 pharmacy student at Roseman University. Last year, I used this forum to get some helps and advises and i want to take imitative to help other to join the profession of pharmacy. Please feel free to ask any questions regarding the pharmacy program. Please note that these are my personal advise and that does not completely represent the policies at Roseman College of pharmacy.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Hi Nguyen, if you ask about the job market for the pharmacist, we have a positive projected employment. There is a huge drug abuse problem in Utah as of now and we do need more pharmacists to handle drug therapy and management. As you know, pharmacists are trying to push lawmaker to allow pharmacist to prescribe medicine. If that get to push through and become law, we as pharmacist will get higher demand and result in high job increase. As a P1, I can't speak much about every aspect of job outlook in Utah, but as for a paid pharmacy intern, there are plenty to go for. We have a lot of chain stores here such as Walmart, Walgreen, CVS, Harmon, and Intermountain Hospital. Hope that answer your question.
Here is a link for reference https://jobs.utah.gov/jsp/wi/utalmis/reempfullrept.do?soccode=291051&oititle=Pharmacists#outlook

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, Khoa! Nice to meet you. I'll be interviewing there Tuesday. Is it super hard to achieve the 90% scores? I am an A/B student. I make Bs all the time on exams in my classes, so I'm worried. But I hear the exams are pretty straight forward, not tricky, so perhaps I'll be okay. Any insight on the exams is appreciated. Thanks ahead of time!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hey, Khoa! Nice to meet you. I'll be interviewing there Tuesday. Is it super hard to achieve the 90% scores? I am an A/B student. I make Bs all the time on exams in my classes, so I'm worried. But I hear the exams are pretty straight forward, not tricky, so perhaps I'll be okay. Any insight on the exams is appreciated. Thanks ahead of time!

It's not super hard to achieve 90%. It's doable. You also have to keep in mind that your time has a chance of getting 95% which gives you additional 5%. Technically you would pass with 85% if your team gets 95%. So far, all of the teams at the Henderson campus have been getting the +5%. Don't worryabout the mastery learning, I am sure you will do great!

Best of luck during your interview!

Will see you Tuesday!

Hi Doctor Mario, I do agree with YTAZ on every point she/he state in the above comment. It is not hard to get 90%. You get an easier question types like only 3 options available for multiple choices and you can easily eliminate the wrong choices. However, I do want to provide some statistics so you can prepare yourself. For the second assessment in my class, 1/3 of the class has to retake the assessment and 20 students has to do summer remediation. As of the third assessment 1/4 of the class has to retake the assessment and about 10 students has to do summer remediation. I think it is just depend on your preparation and time management. If you already have a good time management skills, you can easily pass all the test. If not, you have time to adjust in the first few assignment before multiple tests come at the same time.

It's not super hard to achieve 90%. It's doable. You also have to keep in mind that your time has a chance of getting 95% which gives you additional 5%. Technically you would pass with 85% if your team gets 95%. So far, all of the teams at the Henderson campus have been getting the +5%. Don't worryabout the mastery learning, I am sure you will do great!

Best of luck during your interview!

Will see you Tuesday!

Hi,
I may attend the program at Henderson campus. I have 2 toddlers and they will attend preschool. My question is what a typical daily schedule of a pharmacy student is like. Like what time do we have to be at school and what time can we leave? I'd like to know so I can plan ahead. The preschool closes at 6pm or so and I wonder if I've ever had to stay at school past 6.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear future P1 Roseman students, my name is Khoa Nguyen and I am currently a P1 pharmacy student at Roseman University. Last year, I used this forum to get some helps and advises and i want to take imitative to help other to join the profession of pharmacy. Please feel free to ask any questions regarding the pharmacy program. Please note that these are my personal advise and that does not completely represent the policies at Roseman College of pharmacy.
Class of 2020 is entering fall 2017.
Thanks for your thread. I will definitely come back when I have questions.

Hi,
I may attend the program at Henderson campus. I have 2 toddlers and they will attend preschool. My question is what a typical daily schedule of a pharmacy student is like. Like what time do we have to be at school and what time can we leave? I'd like to know so I can plan ahead. The preschool closes at 6pm or so and I wonder if I've ever had to stay at school past 6.
Thanks

Attendance is not mandatory BUT is highly recommended. We start at 8 and finish at 3. Most of the time we finish early like around 2!

Please let me know if you have additional questions :)

Hi,
Thanks
Hey phuong123, I am glad to hear you want to attend the Henderson campus. The typical day would be class start from 8 am to 3 pm with 10 min break in between. You will have lunch at noon and come back at 1 pm. Sometimes, if the lecture is short you go from 8 am to 1 pm and then class is done. You can decide to leave anytime or come anytime you like, but on Friday of the assessment week, you need to be present at exactly 8 am or they will not let you in.
As for my recommendation, you should get a babysitter for your child because it will be hard to have a balanced life with a 3 year accelerated pharmacy programs school. From my personal experience, a teammate who has 4 kids feel like she can not handle pharmacy school while having to take care of her babies. Please let me know anything else you have concern with.

Reactions: 1 users
Attendance is not mandatory BUT is highly recommended. We start at 8 and finish at 3. Most of the time we finish early like around 2!

Please let me know if you have additional questions :)

Thanks for the info! Does class go from Monday to Thursday? Also, are powerpoints provided to study from?

Thanks for the info! Does class go from Monday to Thursday? Also, are powerpoints provided to study from?

We have classes from Tuesday to Friday unless you have to reassesst on Monday. During assessment week, it's from Monday to Thursday and assessment is on Friday.

Yes, they provide you with PowerPoint slides.. if you want a book for some reason, you can checkone out from the library.

Hi. Thanks for all of your help. I' ve been living in the U.S for six years and i am almost done with my pharmacy pre-req, but i donot have a American B.S degree. My science GPA is 3.66 ,non-science GPA is 3.8I and my Pcat score composite is 62 . I have pharmacy experience as well as tons of volunteer job. Do you think i have any chance if I apply for Roseman? One more thing is that I am CA residence.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you have a good chance! You have a high GPA and pharmacy experience. Don't feel discouraged about not having a degree; if you have the prereqs, it's fine. Definitely apply!

I think you have a good chance! You have a high GPA and pharmacy experience. Don't feel discouraged about not having a degree; if you have the prereqs, it's fine. Definitely apply!
Thanks. I applied Ed at WesternU and I am waitlisted. I am wating for them to release my application so i would be able to apply to other universities.

Hey phuong123, I am glad to hear you want to attend the Henderson campus. The typical day would be class start from 8 am to 3 pm with 10 min break in between. You will have lunch at noon and come back at 1 pm. Sometimes, if the lecture is short you go from 8 am to 1 pm and then class is done. You can decide to leave anytime or come anytime you like, but on Friday of the assessment week, you need to be present at exactly 8 am or they will not let you in.
As for my recommendation, you should get a babysitter for your child because it will be hard to have a balanced life with a 3 year accelerated pharmacy programs school. From my personal experience, a teammate who has 4 kids feel like she can not handle pharmacy school while having to take care of her babies. Please let me know anything else you have concern with.
Thank you for your thorough info. I'm from CA and I'm not sure how Nevada is like. I'll try to find a babysitter when I get there in July or so. My kids will be in school until 6pm. So, with that student schedule, I can pick them up everyday. I wonder how hard to hire a babysitter who can work from 6pm to 9pm or so in Nevada.
Do you and your friend attend Utah campus? Hope your friend already found a babysitter. She must have someone to help her with 4 kids.

Thank you for your thorough info. I'm from CA and I'm not sure how Nevada is like. I'll try to find a babysitter when I get there in July or so. My kids will be in school until 6pm. So, with that student schedule, I can pick them up everyday. I wonder how hard to hire a babysitter who can work from 6pm to 9pm or so in Nevada.
Do you and your friend attend Utah campus? Hope your friend already found a babysitter. She must have someone to help her with 4 kids.
She lived in Utah so her parents took care of the children sometime. I wish Roseman would create a child care center to help those with family and young children. As for baby sitter in Nevada, i wont be able to help you much but you can email the administration to ask about it. It would be also an excellent question to ask on your interview.

thank you khoanguyen1989. I got interviewed and accepted. I am now so worried worried worried about achieving 90% score to pass each exam. I have tons of questions about it but people have said not to worry about it. So I won't ask here.
I've never attended 4-year college but go straight from community college. Dr Park asked me to take a biochemistry course before entering the program so it will help later but unfortunately they don't have this at a community college. I wonder how the materials in the P1 are....

thank you khoanguyen1989. I got interviewed and accepted. I am now so worried worried worried about achieving 90% score to pass each exam. I have tons of questions about it but people have said not to worry about it. So I won't ask here.
I've never attended 4-year college but go straight from community college. Dr Park asked me to take a biochemistry course before entering the program so it will help later but unfortunately they don't have this at a community college. I wonder how the materials in the P1 are....

Hi Phuong,

Congratulations on your acceptance to Roseman. I am currently a P1 here at the Henderson campus. Like many have said, the 90% is very doable but do keep in mind, it does require a lot of work. You will have to find a good study habit/routine and stick with it. The way you have studied in undergrad may or may not work for you here but you'll quickly find what will work best for you. There are plenty of ways that you can get help if you need it. Everyone is super helpful since we aren't competing against each other. I've seen people go out of their way to help each other. Feel free to message me with your questions and I'll try to answer them.

Hi Phuong,

Congratulations on your acceptance to Roseman. I am currently a P1 here at the Henderson campus. Like many have said, the 90% is very doable but do keep in mind, it does require a lot of work. You will have to find a good study habit/routine and stick with it. The way you have studied in undergrad may or may not work for you here but you'll quickly find what will work best for you. There are plenty of ways that you can get help if you need it. Everyone is super helpful since we aren't competing against each other. I've seen people go out of their way to help each other. Feel free to message me with your questions and I'll try to answer them.
Thank you.
I'm glad to hear that everyone is very helpful. I'll talk to more soon.

hhijwfuohg

hi

hi nlg, how could I be of your service ?
hi , i got an interview call from roseman.
IS the program 3 years right ?
is there any difference in campus, i mean am going to nevada for interview , wt happen if they had enough students. do they give option to utah?
can you tell me about interview ?

hi , i got an interview call from roseman.
IS the program 3 years right ?
is there any difference in campus, i mean am going to nevada for interview , wt happen if they had enough students. do they give option to utah?
can you tell me about interview ?
One professor and one student will talk to you and ask you a few questions. You can ask them questions too. I was asked to give some examples about how to solve a problem and what the outcome is, how to show leadership, how to deal with difficult people and other things about me ... The talk lasted about half an hour.

Hi , I have an interview in couple weeks ,
I am nervous about interview ,
do you what is the waitage for essay in the the admission process?
And faculty interview ?

Hi Khoa, I have a bachelor of pharmaceuticual science , and I haven't applied or filled up my Pharmcas yet. My question is if I still have a chance to get an interview, deadline for applying is 02.03.17? I was going to take pcat exam until I figured this school would wave pcat if I have a bachelor and it wont be mandatory anymore. I have a overall gpa of 3.74 and sGPA of 3.64. Thank you

Hello Nguyen, and everyone else who was ever interviewed. How long it takes for them to offer admission after the interview? weeks? months? Thank you!

I know for EARLY DECISION interview, it took less than a week. Mine was 3 or 4? days

Hi Khoa, I have a bachelor of pharmaceuticual science , and I haven't applied or filled up my Pharmcas yet. My question is if I still have a chance to get an interview, deadline for applying is 02.03.17? I was going to take pcat exam until I figured this school would wave pcat if I have a bachelor and it wont be mandatory anymore. I have a overall gpa of 3.74 and sGPA of 3.64. Thank you
You are fine. That that stat, you will for sure get an interview. Get your stuff done ASAP

Hello Nguyen, and everyone else who was ever interviewed. How long it takes for them to offer admission after the interview? weeks? months? Thank you!
If you are good and scored high, probably days? then go from there. A couple of my friends got an acceptance email within a few days after the interview.

nfortunately they don't have this at a community college

Hi,
I am completed my Bachelor of Pharmacy and I have applied roseman for 2016-17. They waved my pcat and I have 3.57 GPA.
I have interview next month (January 2017) but i have little to no knowledge about interview process and question. I am so much worried what if i didn't clear interview?
What type of questions are they asking?
Any advise will be appreciated.

Hi,
I am completed my Bachelor of Pharmacy and I have applied roseman for 2016-17. They waved my pcat and I have 3.57 GPA.
I have interview next month (January 2017) but i have little to no knowledge about interview process and question. I am so much worried what if i didn't clear interview?

If you are good and scored high, probably days? then go from there. A couple of my friends got an acceptance email within a few days after the interview.
Thanks for the info! :) So I guess if you don't hear back within 3 weeks then you're not accepted. They dont send rejection letters, do they?

They will send a rejection email. I once got mine around May(?) when my interview was in Feb or Mar?. I can't remember exactly.

Thanks for the info! :) So I guess if you don't hear back within 3 weeks then you're not accepted. They dont send rejection letters, do they?
I wouldn't say so (Wait listed maybe?). If you don't hear back after 2 months, just send them an Email letting them know that you are still interested in attending and just want to do a follow up. It's like when you apply for a job keep on calling/email them until they say no ^_^.

Hi 2020,
At this time now, many schools are preparing for a lot of interviews (mine included), therefore it will take a while for them to send you emails about admission. They usually send mass emails about applicant decisions so they will send emails after the first round of interview is complete. The time frames for them to send is dependent on the school. Some of the schools I applied send me decision within a week. For Roseman, I have to wait for 5 weeks to get an acceptance letter. For Pacific University of Orgeon, i also waited almost 2 months. Therefore, you should just wait for the email. In the mean time, try to get every other things done like pharmcas, PCAT, look for roomate/apartments, and enjoy your time before pharmacy. If you need anything, feel free to message me.
Thank you,

Hi,
Hi makemestudy, you can google for interview questions for pharmacy school online and you can find ton of them. As for the structures of the interview, i would look up "STAR" interview format as it stand for Situation, Task, Action, and Result. Many of the pharmacy schools start using this type of behavior questioning for their interview instead of the traditional ones. Look it up and practice your speech for each questions. You need to have a set of answers ready at all time for each type of questions. Most common questions are why pharmacy, why you think we should chose you, where do you see yourself in 5/10 years. You need to practice answering the questions in a fluid, smooth motion without filter words like as, so, like, etc.
Good luck and let me know if you need anything else.

Is Roseman university college of pharmacy worth going? I have seen tremendous bad reviews ? I got accepted back in November and now I'm worried. Can anyone tell me a factual based answer and not an opinion please. Like what is the school retention rate and license exam passing rate. I'm from SoCal and appreciate your honest comments!

At the orientation on the interview day, I remember they said graduate or passing rate is 93%.
I read somewhere saying that class size in Henderson is 145, in Utah 100 and graduation rate is 85%.

Hi makemestudy, you can google for interview questions for pharmacy school online and you can find ton of them. As for the structures of the interview, i would look up "STAR" interview format as it stand for Situation, Task, Action, and Result. Many of the pharmacy schools start using this type of behavior questioning for their interview instead of the traditional ones. Look it up and practice your speech for each questions. You need to have a set of answers ready at all time for each type of questions. Most common questions are why pharmacy, why you think we should chose you, where do you see yourself in 5/10 years. You need to practice answering the questions in a fluid, smooth motion without filter words like as, so, like, etc.
Good luck and let me know if you need anything else.
Then it's very low. And also the fact that school changed its name due to bad reputation is not acceptable. No one havs ever seen a relatively new school that just established 20 years age change its name 3 times. A P1 student told me during my interview but I didn't believe it but when I researched on my own it turned out to be true. I gave up my seat so I hope they give it to who ever wishes to go there

Thank you for your input Usc110. I appreciate your honest comments regarding Roseman University. I do agree that Roseman is not the top tire school in the pharmacy system. However, I do see the program as challenging and competitive compare to other school. I had friends and siblings that went to other schools as well and they have the same load of work as I do. I think personally, the decision comes down to the student of how well can they handle stress during the programs. If you can handle stress through undergrad well, then aim for the top tier school where you can get involve in more extra circular activities to help you with your residency. If you can adapt to the quick studying pace, then Roseman University is for you.

I've seen many questions about the pass rate at this university. I'm currently a P1 at Roseman pharmacy program. The most important thing I can tell you is that this program is intense and fast paced. You will learn a full semester of undergrad material in one block (2 weeks). You have your regular block schedule plus your longitudinal courses which are pcalc, communications, top 200 and CPD (professionalism) all of which have their own exams that you need to pass with a 90% as well and they do count towards the five summers that you are allowed before you lose your spot in the program. That being said. It is 100% doable. I was terrified of the pass rate because I was always a B student in undergrad, I almost chose to go to a different university because of the pass rate. But I've been able to stay afloat. You have to go in ready to give your absolute best. Procrastination is literally the kiss of death with this program. as long as you don't let yourself fall behind, you will go amazing! feel free to contact me with any questions.

Reactions: 2 users
Is Roseman university college of pharmacy worth going? I have seen tremendous bad reviews ? I got accepted back in November and now I'm worried. Can anyone tell me a factual based answer and not an opinion please. Like what is the school retention rate and license exam passing rate. I'm from SoCal and appreciate your honest comments!

you can find all of that information on the school's website.

I've seen many questions about the pass rate at this university. I'm currently a P1 at Roseman pharmacy program. The most important thing I can tell you is that this program is intense and fast paced. You will learn a full semester of undergrad material in one block (2 weeks). You have your regular block schedule plus your longitudinal courses which are pcalc, communications, top 200 and CPD (professionalism) all of which have their own exams that you need to pass with a 90% as well and they do count towards the five summers that you are allowed before you lose your spot in the program. That being said. It is 100% doable. I was terrified of the pass rate because I was always a B student in undergrad, I almost chose to go to a different university because of the pass rate. But I've been able to stay afloat. You have to go in ready to give your absolute best. Procrastination is literally the kiss of death with this program. as long as you don't let yourself fall behind, you will go amazing! feel free to contact me with any questions.
If you get below 90% how many times school give you remediation? I mean even if you get below 90% for the second time then what is going to happen ? Do the same remediation rules apply to longitudinal courses as well?

If you get below 90% how many times school give you remediation? I mean even if you get below 90% for the second time then what is going to happen ? Do the same remediation rules apply to longitudinal courses as well?

If you pass the exam on friday you have a chance to remediate on monday but you have to get a 90% without your teams help (they add 5%) if you pass the same exam with 95% with your team. If you don't pass on friday then you have to take that exam during the summer. You only have 5 summers that you can get before losing your spot in the program.

If you pass the exam on friday you have a chance to remediate on monday but you have to get a 90% without your teams help (they add 5%) if you pass the same exam with 95% with your team. If you don't pass on friday then you have to take that exam during the summer. You only have 5 summers that you can get before losing your spot in the program.
Thank you for your response but I really have a hard time understanding your comment. Is there any link u can post so I can read. I don't know u have typo or just the way u wrote. At the beginning you say we can take it on Monday and right after that u say if you don't pass on Friday then you have to take it over the summer... thank u anyways. U meant if I get 85 % and someone in my team gets 95% then it means I passed