Ron DeSantis vetoes Florida Bill on Medical Title Misappropriation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Rude

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Classic Florida Governor. Can't wait to see how many republicans on this board alone vote for this clown in 2024 because "well I CAN'T vote for a Democrat!"

Reactions: 3 users
Genuinely curious why he vetoed this bill. Transparency among medical professionals should not only be encouraged, it should be mandated. It is non-sense to allow anyone other than a physician to call themselves a doctor in a medical setting because to the public that word signifies physician. Holding people accountable to the degree they obtained and the license they hold should be transparent to the public. I am definitely right leaning, but it doesn't mean I agree with every action a conservative politician makes.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Genuinely curious why he vetoed this bill. Transparency among medical professionals should not only be encouraged, it should be mandated. It is non-sense to allow anyone other than a physician to call themselves a doctor in a medical setting because to the public that word signifies physician. Holding people accountable to the degree they obtained and the license they hold should be transparent to the public. I am definitely right leaning, but it doesn't mean I agree with every action a conservative politician makes.
It’s a great question.

I find that pundits and articles use hyperbolic titles and extreme statements to mislead, but the truth is usually much less surprising.

According to the article posted, it seems like a fantastic law. It would be good to know why he decided something in it wasn’t great for Florida.

Reactions: 1 user
It’s a great question.

I find that pundits and articles use hyperbolic titles and extreme statements to mislead, but the truth is usually much less surprising.

According to the article posted, it seems like a fantastic law. It would be good to know why he decided something in it wasn’t great for Florida.
Have you seen his track record for Florida recently?

Have you seen his track record for Florida recently?
Naw. Not that curious to tell you the truth.

The only thing I’ve actually heard him say was when he was criticizing the DA of New York for going after Trump, but at the same time highly criticizing trump - maybe it was a link on this forum.

Anyway, super funny and brilliant. I thought …wow, what a clever guy.

What has he done?

Damn! We need anesthesiologists to marry some influential politicians.
Senator Arlen Specter had brain surgery in 1993. No CRNA was involved in his care. He led the charge on the Medicare CRNA opt out in 2001. His son is a principal in one of the most effective plaintiff medmal firms in the country. If he wasn't dead I would be lobbying to have the brain tumor put back.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
All just local politics as usual. The number of crappy bills at the state level that are introduced is stupid. Connections get exploited, that’s what politics is all about.

Reactions: 1 users
The bill was put forward by a Senator with I believe a Father and Brother who are Ophthalmologists. It was only directed at Optometrists and left out professions like Chiropractors, Podiatrists, Dentists etc. And yes his FIL is an Optometrist. There has been a long running "Eye Balls Wars" in Florida. It was nothing but a petty grudge bill making it a possible felony for an Optometrist to introduce themselves as Doctor to a patient but perfectly fine for Chiropractors to do the same thing.

The bill also prevented acupunctures from calling themselves physicians. Yes, this is a thing - they are calling themselves acupuncture physicians.

Trump is mostly a worthless POS, but “Meatball Ron” is a great nickname he came up with for this other mostly worthless POS.

The bill also prevented acupunctures from calling themselves physicians. Yes, this is a thing - they are calling themselves acupuncture physicians.
I'm not sure about acupuncture but I know for Optometrists the language is important for insurance reasons because certain ones won't allow you to bill unless you are a "physician." Which is why most have added physician to the title. Another reason they wanted to get it passed was to cut them off at the knees because they wouldn't be allowed to bill as much medically on certain panels, not because Optometrists ever call themselves an "Optometric Physician." So these bills are more complex than some might think.

Trump is mostly a worthless POS, but “Meatball Ron” is a great nickname he came up with for this other mostly worthless POS.
really? i like trump. i love that he sent mean tweets and makes people irate for [seemingly] no reason and gives them tds. i love that people think he's the ONLY corrupt politician to ever defile the sacred grounds of washington dc. it's great entertainment.

really? i like trump. i love that he sent mean tweets and makes people irate for [seemingly] no reason and gives them tds. i love that people think he's the ONLY corrupt politician to ever defile the sacred grounds of washington dc. it's great entertainment.

It's great entertainment watching people like you create a new user account to defend Trump.

just call ourselves supreme doctors, or supreme physicians - that'll get people talking..