ROL Help BUMC, UVM, Beaumont, NYMC, Tufts, UAMS,

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Radiologyreviews2015

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Rank help based on academic reputation and training. I have no geographic ties to any, and would be happy where I can get the best training possible. Many thanks y'all.

Members don't see this ad.

I would also like to know about UVM vs Boston medical center without taking location into consideration. Unsure about academic or private practice but more towards academic in future. I really liked both programs during my visit

Beaumont is a great place for training. Huge hospital (biggest in the state I believe) and they get a lot of interesting cases (and tons of volume). Used to have a reputation as a community hospital but it's more of an academic place now, especially with their new medical school. Great clinical training. Spoke to a couple of residents there who said they like having a large class size so their call is very manageable. The PD there is an interventionist and very friendly. Not sure of the specifics in terms of the curriculum or research or whatever, but the residents I spoke to seemed happy and close-knit. Located in one of the wealthier suburbs (Royal Oak) of metro Detroit and surrounded by some pretty nice areas. In terms of reputation they are probably reasonably known in the midwest and not so much outside it. Probably the 2nd best program in the state after UM, around the same tier as Henry Ford.

I interviewed at UVM for medical school, realize that it takes a certain type of person to truly enjoy living in Vermont. I really liked it there, but I know some people would really not do well in that sort of setting. A big difference in terms of location vs. a program like Boston or NYMC. Just something to consider.