This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I emailed student housing and they were super accommodating, they basically let me reorder my preferences. I'll be living in Woodlands for $700 a month, it seems like a pretty good deal to me.

how did u get a place at woodlands for $700 a month? I am curious how much utiliies/etc are going to be as well

Members don't see this ad.

JUST GOT ACCEPTED. I sent in my intent to enroll. Do I just wait for them to send me info as far as applying for housing goes?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone knew. How do I send my LOR using interfolio for this program? I keep pressing the link on the application, and it keeps saying error.

I was wondering if anyone knew how we are expected to dress on campus? Do most people come to class in casual or is it semi professional all the time? I am coming from a california school so I want to pack accordingly...

how did u get a place at woodlands for $700 a month? I am curious how much utiliies/etc are going to be as well
The smaller bedroom in Maple and Ash are base priced at $700 a month, check this link out.

Rates

Of course, that's the base price and doesn't include electric and gas, I believe.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, does anyone know when the orientation is? Also does anyone know of any cheap off-campus housing in the surrounding area?

The smaller bedroom in Maple and Ash are base priced at $700 a month, check this link out.

Rates

Of course, that's the base price and doesn't include electric and gas, I believe.
Hey guys, does anyone know when the orientation is? Also does anyone know of any cheap off-campus housing in the surrounding area?

do you know how expensive the student housing on campus is?

i honestly don't think you'll be able to find anything under 500 or maybe even 600 a month. off campus housing would usually want longer leases (full year) instead of 9 months as well.

idk if you would want to stay another 3 months over the summer (especially if ur not going to attend CMS next year- knock on wood....)

Hello,

I was wondering when you guys got the call saying you were accepted after you received an email saying that the RFU has received your application.

My application was verified by June 22nd, I received the confirmation email on June 25 from RFU. When will I hear back approx. about my decision? Thanks.

Stats: sGPA 2.87, cGPA 3.22.
MCAT: 498 (123,123,125,127)

Good EC Hours

it will take 2-3 weeks in my experience after full verification

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
yeah I think they'll probably accept 200 or so. Applying right before the deadline might be late though.

how much would u guys estimate the program costs in terms of living costs + tuition + etc?
Do you think they really accept around 200? Only 300 or so apply so I like those odds.

Hello,

I was wondering when you guys got the call saying you were accepted after you received an email saying that the RFU has received your application.

My application was verified by June 22nd, I received the confirmation email on June 25 from RFU. When will I hear back approx. about my decision? Thanks.

Stats: sGPA 2.87, cGPA 3.22.
MCAT: 498 (123,123,125,127)

Good EC Hours

I was accepted about a week after my confirmation. It was an email, not a phone call.

I honestly doubt they accept 200. Probably closer to 150 at best.

I honestly doubt they accept 200. Probably closer to 150 at best.

yeah you'll probably right but i think the portion they accept vs attend is higher than a accepted vs attend for med school. it seems as people apply to this masters as backup and the app isn't that time consuming. i personally was going to 100% attend if admitted

For those of you who have been accepted, are you bringing a car or do you think we could get by without one?

For those of you who have been accepted, are you bringing a car or do you think we could get by without one?

You can definitely get by without a car when I went to see the campus, but getting groceries and other stuff would be more of a nuisance without a car.

You can definitely get by without a car when I went to see the campus, but getting groceries and other stuff would be more of a nuisance without a car.
Where’s the closest grocery store and what is it? Walkable?

Where’s the closest grocery store and what is it? Walkable?
It's about 2 miles. I think this is walk-able since I used to do this in my undergraduate; however, it was always sunny for the most part and barely rained.

Is anyone else worried about the rigor of this program ruining their med school chances? I know a girl who got A's and B's and ended up being waitlisted for CMS. It seems like they are pretty picky and not even necessarily preferential towards Biomedical Sciences students.

why was she wait listed by CMS with A's and B's? Do you believe this is the full story? are u attending the program this fall

There are a lot of variables you aren't even considering in this situation. For example, how was her interview? What about her secondary applications, whose essays they actually read? Did she stay involved in the school environment and make herself known? Did she do the recommended hours of volunteering that one advisor told me could be the sole reason you're denied even if you have everything else?

No one knows the full story for anyone in this program either. She could easily be lying to you and could have gotten lower grades than As and Bs because literally everyone in this program lies about their stats and their CMS decision. People say that they were waitlisted when in reality they were rejected. People say they got an 89 on a test when in reality its a low 80. Like its been said before countless times, if your grades and mcat are good enough for BMS, they're good enough for CMS. This program serves as a chance for you to prove to adcom that you can handle med school course work. Sure, its risky but when does anything that's worth having come easy? My advice is to stop worrying about every little thing that could go wrong and focus on doing the best you can. You're not gonna help yourself by over-stressing like all neurotic pre-meds do.

louder one more time for the people in the back

It’s possible to get by without a car. I had a couple friends that didn’t bring their cars. The school has its own shuttles that makes trips to the grocery store I believe.

Is anyone else worried about the rigor of this program ruining their med school chances? I know a girl who got A's and B's and ended up being waitlisted for CMS. It seems like they are pretty picky and not even necessarily preferential towards Biomedical Sciences students.
She was still waitlisted by May? Dr. Weind told the CMS committee to either accept or reject the BMS students that had initially been waitlisted by March/April. I personally didn’t know anyone that was still on the waitlist towards the end of the year.

Also keep in mind A's and B's isn't enough. You stil need to do well on the mock interview and complete your volunteering hours.

She was still waitlisted by May? Dr. Weind told the CMS committee to either accept or reject the BMS students that had initially been waitlisted by March/April. I personally didn’t know anyone that was still on the waitlist towards the end of the year.

Also keep in mind A's and B's isn't enough. You stil need to do well on the mock interview and complete your volunteering hours.

Can you clarify when the interviews for the BMS are and when you receive the decision? I know normal med school decisions can waitlist until the end of summer. What information do they have from you since that point in terms of grades / volunteering/ etc?

Thanks man!

Can you clarify when the interviews for the BMS are and when you receive the decision? I know normal med school decisions can waitlist until the end of summer. What information do they have from you since that point in terms of grades / volunteering/ etc?

Thanks man!

The interviews for BMS begin in January and continue to the end of February. There are 4 interview dates and all of us are spread out between them, about 20 each day. The first day was January 10 this year. You will be able to specify a preference for if you want to interview earlier or later. There are advantages to both. If you interview earlier, you will find out about your decision earlier. But if you interview later, you will have had 1-2 more exams to raise your grades and show the committee that you are capable. Also, you get more time to prepare for the interview!

Last edited:
Hi!!

I am having the most difficult time deciding between the 2 BMS programs I got into.
RFU and NSU - they have similar programs, the two main differences being:
1. RFU has a lesser guarantee than NSU. For NSU, only grades matter, not the interview too.
2. NSU's curriculum is the same as their M1s.

Perks for me for both are RFU is closer to home and I've already been to NSU for undergrad. I have to make the decision soon.
What would you recommend and do if you are in my shoes?

Thank you!

Hi!!

I am having the most difficult time deciding between the 2 BMS programs I got into.
RFU and NSU - they have similar programs, the two main differences being:
1. RFU has a lesser guarantee than NSU. For NSU, only grades matter, not the interview too.
2. NSU's curriculum is the same as their M1s.

Perks for me for both are RFU is closer to home and I've already been to NSU for undergrad. I have to make the decision soon.
What would you recommend and do if you are in my shoes?

Thank you!

If I were you I’d look into cost of program and living for both schools and look into the name/recognition for the program/school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I were you I’d look into cost of program and living for both schools and look into the name/recognition for the program/school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cost of attendance is essentially the same for both of the programs. I suppose that RFU is recognized more than NSU, with NSU being a DO school. I am not entirely sure if I can compare the name/recognition with each other. What do you think?

I am really at crossroads. To me, both are great options. I just don't know which one to go with.

The cost of attendance is essentially the same for both of the programs. I suppose that RFU is recognized more than NSU, with NSU being a DO school. I am not entirely sure if I can compare the name/recognition with each other. What do you think?

I am really at crossroads. To me, both are great options. I just don't know which one to go with.

i mean MD>DO. It honestly boils down to how the linkage of the BMS program is going to be this year. If it 70% like it usually is, BMS no doubt. if its below 40%, then the other program given what you are saying.

Hi,

I was just accpted to the BMS program last week.

My GPA by my school (with re-takes) is 3.37
Actual undergrad GPA 3.17, science 3.30
MCAT 505

My questions:
1. Does the date you submit AMCAS affect anything? (As of today, July 8, I have not submitted AMCAS).
2. I am registered to take the MCAT on September 19th. Will this help me if I get a better score? Should my efforts studying be spent elsewhere?
3. How can I prepare for the program? I have been out of school since Spring 2015.

Thanks everyone!!

hey man - ive been out of school for a while - and my GPA is the exact same as urs (bit lower for science) and I have a 506 MCAT. From what I know 1) the date u submit AMCAS should not depend on the RFU linkage. I have no submitted yet. I do not know if other people have but they leave interview spots for us so early doesnt matter. 2) I heard that above a 500 MCAT is good enough - which seems very low but this is just what I heard 3) just relax

the answers to 1) and 2) are based on what I heard from other people - I am not sure if they are true though lol. but yeah just relax before the program. Anyways i think apply mid july is fine for most schools

edit: someone correct me if im wrong

Hi,

I just got accepted to the Loyola MAMS and Loyola MSMP program and i'm still waiting to hear back from Rosalind BMS. I was just wondering if anyone else was accepted at either Loyola MAMs or MSMP and why you chose to go to BMS instead?

From what i understand Rosalind grants you an interview to CMS in January/February and most student who perform well in the program up until that point receive a conditional acceptance. This is something that i really like about BMS but i'm wondering if i would need to submit an AMCAS app for CMS right now in order to be eligible for conditional acceptance and eventual matriculation into CMS for next september. will the BMS app suffice? and are there any volunteering or shadowing quotas that must be met before the interview?

cGPA: 3.25
sGPA: 3.05
non-science GPA: 3.52
MCAT: 512 (125/130/128/129)
clinical volunteering: 380 hrs
non-clinical volunteering: 650 hrs
shadowing: 30 hrs

Hi,

I just got accepted to the Loyola MAMS and Loyola MSMP program and i'm still waiting to hear back from Rosalind BMS. I was just wondering if anyone else was accepted at either Loyola MAMs or MSMP and why you chose to go to BMS instead?

From what i understand Rosalind grants you an interview to CMS in January/February and most student who perform well in the program up until that point receive a conditional acceptance. This is something that i really like about BMS but i'm wondering if i would need to submit an AMCAS app for CMS right now in order to be eligible for conditional acceptance and eventual matriculation into CMS for next september. will the BMS app suffice? and are there any volunteering or shadowing quotas that must be met before the interview?

cGPA: 3.25
sGPA: 3.05
non-science GPA: 3.52
MCAT: 512 (125/130/128/129)
clinical volunteering: 380 hrs
non-clinical volunteering: 650 hrs
shadowing: 30 hrs

When was your application marked complete?

When was your application marked complete?

I submitted on June 30th and it was marked as complete. It was marked as verified on July 5th but they emailed me two days ago requesting additional info for one of the prereqs. Hopefully that won’t delay my app any further.

I’m really interested in this program because of the possibility of avoiding a second gap year. Hopefully I can find out BMS final decision soon as I’ll need to accept the other offers soon as well.

Last edited:
I submitted on June 30th and it was marked as complete. It was marked as verified on June 5th but they emailed me two days ago requesting additional info for one of the prereqs. Hopefully that won’t delay my app any further.

I’m really interested in this program because of the possibility of avoiding a second gap year. Hopefully I can find out BMS final decision soon as I’ll need to accept the other offers soon as well.

you should have applied earlier to be honest - i would put ur deposit for Loyola in the meantime in case something occurs.

I submitted on June 30th and it was marked as complete. It was marked as verified on June 5th but they emailed me two days ago requesting additional info for one of the prereqs. Hopefully that won’t delay my app any further.

When you say marked as complete did rfu send
I submitted on June 30th and it was marked as complete. It was marked as verified on July 5th but they emailed me two days ago requesting additional info for one of the prereqs. Hopefully that won’t delay my app any further.

You haven’t got an email from rfu telling you that your application is complete and ready for committe review. After you get that email thats when you know your application is fully complete, not the complete sign that shows on rfucas.

Anyways I got the email from rfu saying it was complete and ready for review on june 5th. They told me it would take around a week for them to make a decision.

Also the admissions team told me thatmy application is still under review even after the deadline. Since you completed everything on rfucas before june 30 I think you have a good chance of getting in.

When you say marked as complete did rfu send

You haven’t got an email from rfu telling you that your application is complete and ready for committe review. After you get that email thats when you know your application is fully complete, not the complete sign that shows on rfucas.

Anyways I got the email from rfu saying it was complete and ready for review on june 5th. They told me it would take around a week for them to make a decision.

So they ran into an issue with one of my prereqs and had me send in additional info but it looks like thats been cleared up. so i got an email July 10th saying my application file is complete and ready for review with a decision to be made in 2-6 weeks. I called yesterday to get a better idea of when i can expect a decision since i doubt it shud take that long as classes start soon. They said orientation is August 7th so i can probably expect something a week before then.

also has everyone here applied to other med schools besides CMS through AMCAS this cycle? and when do people in BMS usually submit their amcas app by? I think with my stats i wont have any luck getting into an MD other than CMS via BMS, but thought maybe i could hedge my bets by applying DO this cycle.

So i talked to admissions office today and when i asked about linkage they said it should be in-line with historic trends. I was also told that out of 93 students in previous class 60 got in into CMS out of which 7 ended up having their conditional acceptance retracted due to grades, so 53 matriculated into CMS last year while it was 40 the year prior. Can anyone confirm if they were told the same numbers?

So i talked to admissions office today and when i asked about linkage they said it should be in-line with historic trends. I was also told that out of 93 students in previous class 60 got in into CMS out of which 7 ended up having their conditional acceptance retracted due to grades, so 53 matriculated into CMS last year while it was 40 the year prior. Can anyone confirm if they were told the same numbers?

Did you ask them about your application? Any idea when the nezt committee meeting is?

Did you ask them about your application? Any idea when the nezt committee meeting is?

I was told that the committee meets tomorrow and that I should know by Monday at the latest. I'm really leaning towards BMS and if the linkage stays the same this seems like a sweet deal all around.
Did you take the CASPer exam yet? i just found out that CMS requires it.

Can someone confirm this as well? The 53 versus the 40 from the prior year. Does it seem a tad low or is that just me ?

CASPer anyone?
Also who has submitted AMCAS? In the welcome letter it says we should wait for advising... CASPer seems a little extra then

I have no submitted AMCAS yet - I am banking on CMS so I am going to wait until august to submit i think -

I have no submitted AMCAS yet - I am banking on CMS so I am going to wait until august to submit i think -

Same i cant remember exactly but i recall them sayig that the amcas app can be submitted anytime before the deadline and youll be good for the january interview although i would double check.

Does anyone know if there is still on campus housing?

For those looking for housing, I’ve been assigned a two bedroom, two bath on campus apartment- Around 950 ft.² I think, for about $960 a month, so $480 per month if rent is split- if any males are still looking, message me.

For those looking for housing, I’ve been assigned a two bedroom, two bath on campus apartment- Around 950 ft.² I think, for about $960 a month, so $480 per month if rent is split- if any males are still looking, message me.

You’re talking about student housing right? Unfortunately the $960 is the cost per person :/ I wish it was that cheap though.

You’re talking about student housing right? Unfortunately the $960 is the cost per person :/ I wish it was that cheap though.
From my discussion with housing I was told $960 was for the entire 2 bedroom apartment (I have no assigned roommate) and that finding a roommate would cut the rent in half- I’ll call tomorrow to reconfirm this.