Retake or not retake?

clutzie16

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I was wondering what you guys think, I have my 2nd OAT scheduled for tomorrow 4/23.. and I feel that I am not going to improve by much, if not get worse scores if i actually go and take it. Here is what I got the first time around...

Bio-320
Rc-330
QR-300
Orgo-290:mad:
Phys-270:thumbdown:
Gen Chem-340

AA-310
TS-300

I am still waiting to hear back from NECO, PCO, and NOVA.

I know that improving my scores in Physics and Orgo might increase my chances of getting in this year, although there are so little seats left.
However, I dont feel that I am more prepared to take the test now than I was initially, and feel that if i do worse it'll only aggrevate the situation, and worsen my chances for next year.

Has anyone taken the test 3 times and gotten accepted? Is taking it 3 times frowned upon?

If i dont show up tomorrow I know that I loose the money but does the school actually know that I was a noshow?

Any advice/opinions would really be appreciated.

Thanks a lot for your time!

JG:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

If you feel that you are not ready why not reschedule it until a later time when you are. It will only cost you 10bucks.I applied to only nova this year and I got rejected just a couple days ago with a TS 330 and TA 300. Have you heard anything from any of the schools that you applied to especially Nova? they didn't even put me on the waiting list, I was a little disappointed. Good luck to you though.

Your OAT scores look okay. It all depends on your other qualities, like GPA and volunteer experience, time you apply, etc. Did you send in those scores recently? As the time gets closer and closer to acceptance of the final acceptance, I assume that it will be more challenging to get in. I would guess that you might not get accepted with those scores this late in the game. I got a TS 330 and AA 330 and was quickly accepted at PCO, but that was around December. My lowest subject score was a 290 in Organic. How did you do on your OAT the second time around?