USMLE Results step 2 ck on September 21, 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Asperger

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! People expecting their results on September 21 for the step 2 ck can get together here and share their pre result feelings , exam experiences and finally the scores they will get. So let's begin

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Took it on Aug 30th..hopefully I'll get my score tomorrow. Excited and nervous at the same timeo_O
I feel so uncertain after the exam, it's like a vague memory for me now at this point ... To add to my anxiety, I didn't score well on uwsa just a couple days before my real test. Had no choice except for appearing in the test.. Don't know how I am going to face the ending tomorrow

Will also get my score this Wed. I know I have thrown away my chances at an academic IM program by not studying as hard as I should have, but let the chips fall where they may.

Maybe a miracle will happen, like my last shelf exam where I was almost certain I failed and somehow got a 99th percentile? I can dream at least.

Members don't see this ad :)
Will also get my score this Wed. I know I have thrown away my chances at an academic IM program by not studying as hard as I should have, but let the chips fall where they may.

Maybe a miracle will happen, like my last shelf exam where I was almost certain I failed and somehow got a 99th percentile? I can dream at least.
How were your self assessment scores if you don't mind sharing

NBME 7 (5 weeks out)= 235
NBME 6 (2 days out) = 246
UW (90% complete) =80-85%, tutor, random, untimed

7 weeks total study time. I was doing roughly 1 -2 blocks of UW questions a day--stopped completely for two weeks to study for CS.

Test was extremely difficult for me--felt like another language, and I felt completely unprepared. Not expecting anything good--I'm placing my bets on 220-230.

You
NBME 7 (5 weeks out)= 235
NBME 6 (2 days out) = 246
UW (90% complete) =80-85%, tutor, random, untimed

7 weeks total study time. I was doing roughly 1 -2 blocks of UW questions a day--stopped completely for two weeks to study for CS.

Test was extremely difficult for me--felt like another language, and I felt completely unprepared. Not expecting anything good--I'm placing my bets on 220-230.
you look fine with all those scores. I wish you the best !!!

I don't usually post on forums but right now I am a nervous wreck and thought this might help.
I have a 243 on my step 1.
My CK prep was not ideal, started on FEB 1 and took it on Aug 30th. But lots of stops and starts. Had to manage CS and a couple of observer-ships in between.
I am an IMG but I took my CK in the USA.
My NBME assessment scores and UWSA were all over the place.
NBME 4- 240( month out)
NBME 6-256 ( 3 weeks out)
UWSA 232 (week out- freaked and panicked)
Ended up taking NBME 7 even though I was told not to. -( 225- 4 days out)

So my performance actually went down before I took my exam. I was so exhausted and I just needed to get done with the exam. Could have taken it later but took it anyway. I am hoping and praying for any score at or above 240. Don't know what will happen. Still have to apply for the match.

GOOD luck to everyone who is expecting their results tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't usually post on forums but right now I am a nervous wreck and thought this might help.
I have a 243 on my step 1.
My CK prep was not ideal, started on FEB 1 and took it on Aug 30th. But lots of stops and starts. Had to manage CS and a couple of observer-ships in between.
I am an IMG but I took my CK in the USA.
My NBME assessment scores and UWSA were all over the place.
NBME 4- 240( month out)
NBME 6-256 ( 3 weeks out)
UWSA 232 (week out- freaked and panicked)
Ended up taking NBME 7 even though I was told not to. -( 225- 4 days out)

So my performance actually went down before I took my exam. I was so exhausted and I just needed to get done with the exam. Could have taken it later but took it anyway. I am hoping and praying for any score at or above 240. Don't know what will happen. Still have to apply for the match.

GOOD luck to everyone who is expecting their results tomorrow.

Could you guys post your results in the main Step2 cK thread? For all of us to read. We might end up with weekly threads this way! Hope you are all super happy and dancing around right now!