Response To Truth be told... SRMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thisisvick

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to address some issues that Truth BeTold has brought up to our attention. I am actually a first year MBBS student here at SRMC -- soo i wanted to give my insight on what life is really like here...

OK first off

1. Backstabbing ?
Truthbetold... are you a f*ckin idiot.. dude lets be honest -- would you really rely on one person to get the portions for an internal.... no you must be a f*ckin idiot cause you didnt go to class and find out what the hell you were studying for the past month. MAN - its no surprise what will be coming on the internals because its the material that is covered in class -- moreso departments usually post up possible questions before the exam SO YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT IS GOING ON.... and of course lets be fair there are those bastards that will give you wrong info just to mess with you-- and in all honesty.. they expect you to figure it out that their just messin with you.. but dude.. backstabbing.. welcome to life man.. it happens all the time.. its not only india --- and seniors are more then there for you to help you pass - the last thing they want to see is you failing

2. Mean grouch professors?
haha you swear all the profs here are senile-- sure of course you got the hard asses who want to shape you up and YES they will pick on you.. but lets be more specific..everytime a prof would pick on a student -- everytime in my class at least -- that kid would be doign soemthing stupid like texting or talking... and guess what the teacher wouldnt even start on the hard questions.. he would tell that student to stand up and simply say "what did I JUST say" -- if you want to talk back to that -- you dont have the respect and discipline to be in medical college...
And sure there are a few profs who are out to get you... but the majority of your time is spent with post graduates (classroom assistants) and they are always there to help you.. shoot i even was able to copy class notes from one of them no questions asked. By far you will find more support then criticisms if you are humble and approach appropriately.

3. Grading system
Personally when i first found out about the grading system ... shoot i was ecstatic... 50 percent no sweat. Then i heard how they grade and i became skeptical. But here is the truth -- of course in theory the highest score you can achieve is about 83 percent on an exam.... but what you have to understand is that SRMC like most med schools is pass/fail based.. so your goal is to cross 50. And of course -- no matter how beautiful or perfect you "thought" you wrote your paper they will never give you full marks that is they will give 4 or 4.5 out of 5 for a question.. and here is the logic if YOU regergitated the book... you didnt do anything great.. f*ck even a parrot can do that.. very few maybe one or two in a batch of 150 will actually take the time to open up Guyton or some heavy duty medical book and really try to understand a concept and write more then what is required
Furthermore.. these internals at the end of the day mean ****.... of course you should pass your share and the marks you get are negligble.... BUT what TRUTHbetold is not telling you is the hard grading for the internals is there to toughin you up for the universities (finals - end year exams)... and what he fails to mention is that grading for the finals is much more lax and lenient. Soo if we consider these internal exams to be practice exams.. of course the college wont give you excessive confidence and make you think you are perfect --- you can always strive to be better.. and thats what that 4.5 out of 5 means --- because you can get 5 on 5 on a question in the finals.

4. Lets Get Crunk.....
Social life? hmm there is a city.... there are people ready to mingle... there are beach parties.. or were you too cooped up in your room with no friends to realize all this? hmm intersting... There are quite a few places to hang out -- and there are damn chill people in the city -- and truly it comes down to the person you are.. If you are outgoing and frank, you will meet great people and always find something to do... if your an introvert .. then i hope you enjoy physiology cause thats the only damn book you will be reading.
Hostel life gets a lil boring -- of course... your in india... the comparison cant be met by a typical United States college -- because there the social scene is much more intense.. from frats, the clubs etc. So if you are expecting that.. defintely... thats not going to happen here.. but that is not to say you cannot make do-- there are plenty of opportunities to chill and hang out.. but remember the reason you decided to come to india first? to study and be a damn good doctor... the resources here... u sure as hell didnt come here to party.. cause if you did.. you would suck it up - go to a 4 year college - find a way to ace the MCATs and get into a damn good medical college....
One last thing-- i went to a university back in the states and i have to say.. i am quite happy that i dont have the distractions i did back then.. haha as any engineering student in the states will tell you -- Counterstrike over the university LAN is f*ckin crack cocaine... and god knows how many students dont attend class let alone drop out cause of having broadband internet.... ahh and the frat parties ah tho enjoyable can truly put a drain as well.... as what i am sayin here is you got positives and negatives and AGAIN as anything in life you make what you have and you make do with your resources - you dont bitch, you suck it up.

-----------
Again - for those interested in SRMC - i recommend people to talk to more people who currently go the college.. and for students and parents interested in SRMC please respond and address yoru concerns....

i am out... pEACE

Members don't see this ad.

The prior post was truly inspired when i read the stupidity of the comment made by Truthbetold when he said this

and i quote

"
5. What do u mean backstabbing?
- funny that u would ask this question. when i first got to med school in india i had heard stories of backstabbing but didn't believe them. i was like who does that kind of stuff. was i in for a surprise. when i say 'backstabbing' i mean following:
example - i went and asked another student for the portions i had to study for the upcoming internal exam. the student told study part A and part B in the book. i then proceeded to ask the student if we needed to study part C for the exam. the student told me not to waste my time because it wasn't on the exam. come exam day, i find exam loaded with questions about part C. the day results are posted i find that the student i had asked about what material to study had done well and i had failed. this is the type of backstabbing that goes on.

"

Truth be told, nothing but the truth, so here we go....
Dude nobody invited u to go 2 India 2 Study.U went there on yr own.Question is WHY?
Because U did not have it in u to make it in the USA-right?Guess what, even after your dad paid cash for you to bypass the Merit based system, u r still having problems-right?
Now lets do a review of how your case looks to others:
Some dude was a loser at home[in your case USA], so he bought a medical seat with his dad's money bypassing the merit system, and he still could not make it!

Pls blame India each time you have a failure, do not worry ,it will work like a charm,no body will know you r a looser.And all those doctors who graduate out of Indian med schools also did not learn much,though they are every where and have a good reputation......but do not worry just stick 2 your story that Indian med schools-all of them-have lousy teachers, not good enough to teach a loser from the US whose dad bought him a med school seat ,to begin with!!

P.S-U did not go to a US school because u wanted to save money? :laugh: Or is it because U can't even get a cumulative 21 at MCAT and have a GPA below 3.5 your whole f*cking life?U can never make it here in the US coz u r stupid.The only way is thru India for u,but in all probablity u will sc*ew that up too. :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad :)
Naveenanirada, next time you go on capping about other member's subjective posts, make sure to check for spelling errors. You made a typo while spelling the word loser......"looser" just doesn't cut it in the real world......

thisisvick said:
The prior post was truly inspired when i read the stupidity of the comment made by Truthbetold when he said this

and i quote

"
5. What do u mean backstabbing?
- funny that u would ask this question. when i first got to med school in india i had heard stories of backstabbing but didn't believe them. i was like who does that kind of stuff. was i in for a surprise. when i say 'backstabbing' i mean following:
example - i went and asked another student for the portions i had to study for the upcoming internal exam. the student told study part A and part B in the book. i then proceeded to ask the student if we needed to study part C for the exam. the student told me not to waste my time because it wasn't on the exam. come exam day, i find exam loaded with questions about part C. the day results are posted i find that the student i had asked about what material to study had done well and i had failed. this is the type of backstabbing that goes on.

"

hahah..yeah i found that backstabbing comment quite hillarious. Hey thisisvick, any chance u could possibly throw up a sample exam question..for all of us india bound med students! ???

Sat Sri Akaal Manjot,
Relax ,I was talking to TruthBeTold.
Or was it you?
Truth hurts right?[U probably identify with TruthBeTold right?]Yea so what do you do?
Answer:Look for typos!!!! :D
Hey I am just kidding and good luck with finding typos,its a real job! :thumbup:
Think about it,if u have good MCAT scores & GPA, u don't even have 2 be here,surfing this site.But u know u may not make it in the US-so even though u hate Indians and think u r better then Indians coz u grew up in the US-u still have to come 2 a Indian med school.And that sucks,right.So u unconsciously start defending and identifying with TruthBeTold.Dude u don't have 2 do that,u can still make it in the US. :)
And good luck with the real world med schools admission,your GPA of 3.7 glows! :D :thumbup:

ahh I am pretty disgusted about naveenanirada's comments... Cause you got way side tracked on the point i was trying to make. Haha even tho right - i did call him a f*ckin idiot about the test thing... and i am sure he knows better know.. he isnt a looser persay going to india -- and defintely your not one to judge someone's reason moreso even speculate why one goes to india....

which brings me to the point i want to address -- PEOPLE COME TO INDIA FOR MED SCHOOL FOR OTHER REASONS RATHER THEN "the couldnt make it in the states..."

But yo... it doesnt suck coming here.. -- and in reality i didnt see myself doing medicine until later on in my undergraduate.. i was stuck in engineering and towards the end - it wasnt where i wanted to be... Now to complete the pre-reqs for med college would take me a year and half not to mention prepping for the MCATs... and not to say that i am not capabale.. but India was a much more viable option time wise -- and money reason came in quite secondary to that point.... AND btw . not to start a flame war -- but who gives a f*ck if his daddy bought him a seat.. shoot my dad bought me a seat.. thats aside the point, i dont see people bitchin at IV League kids when their daddy donates a building so their kid can get in.. thats the way life works... your grease the wheels of life.... **maybe you should tell your daddy to work a little harder so he can buy you a seat...((a joke once again))** again... ahh man you guys are young on this forum i can tell... WELCOME TO LIFE...money talks... but again if you want personal satisfaction you strive for self excellence given your resources---

but yo, well lookin back i dont know if your being overly sarcastic but it sounds like your bashing -- SO IF THATS SO... unless you go to an indian med schools and you have experienced them -- you are truly your an outsider making comments off what your parents and aunties and uncles probably bitch about when they find out someone's son is going to india to study.... please... that routine is sooo old.... BUT IF YOUR NOT BASHING.> YOU CAN IGNORE EVERYTHING I JUST SAID

---------------

CALIATENZA response -->
Wow your timing couldnt be perfect - i am actually prepping for my finals haha soo i got a HUGE LIST of questions... but here some that you will defintely touch first semester of first year MBBS

1. Mamillary Gland - give the relations, blood supply, lymophatics, applied anatomy
2. Hemostasis - *blood clotting*, list the factors, discuss intrinsic factors, applied anatom *deficiences of factor and related disease*, mention some anti-coagulants *those used in labs, blood transfusions etc, treatment - myocardial infarction*
3. Detailed account of glycolosis. Give flow chart, discuss steps, energetics, and regulation

there you go - one from each subject... if your really really interested msg me and i can give you more.. but one thing you have to realize... PRESENTATION and how to answer these questions is the key to scoring the points... more importnatly giving the indian med schools what they want...

its defintely less words and more flow charts, short sentences, and listing if necessary... Like on an anat paper, your going to draw a diagram of the joint, muscle, or never etc... on the given topic.. Next your going to list the anteiror, posterior, roof, floor boundries of the topic. Secondary is applied stuff, like what its used for, these muscles contract, allow for medial rotation etc...finally lets say if its an nerve as a question, what happens if this nerve gets damaged..

Very rarely their going to give you an outline of what they want in the qeustion... like for essays they will do that.. but for shorter questions, your going to have to remember the important categories and adress them accordingly... i can start a new thread on this if you want and if their is enough interest --ah and get some studyin in to boot... ok then i hope that adresses some things.. good luck in india....

thisisvick said:
ahh I am pretty disgusted about naveenanirada's comments... Cause you got way side tracked on the point i was trying to make. Haha even tho right - i did call him a f*ckin idiot about the test thing... and i am sure he knows better know.. he isnt a looser persay going to india -- and defintely your not one to judge someone's reason moreso even speculate why one goes to india....

which brings me to the point i want to address -- PEOPLE COME TO INDIA FOR MED SCHOOL FOR OTHER REASONS RATHER THEN "the couldnt make it in the states..."

But yo... it doesnt suck coming here.. -- and in reality i didnt see myself doing medicine until later on in my undergraduate.. i was stuck in engineering and towards the end - it wasnt where i wanted to be... Now to complete the pre-reqs for med college would take me a year and half not to mention prepping for the MCATs... and not to say that i am not capabale.. but India was a much more viable option time wise -- and money reason came in quite secondary to that point.... AND btw . not to start a flame war -- but who gives a f*ck if his daddy bought him a seat.. shoot my dad bought me a seat.. thats aside the point, i dont see people bitchin at IV League kids when their daddy donates a building so their kid can get in.. thats the way life works... your grease the wheels of life.... **maybe you should tell your daddy to work a little harder so he can buy you a seat...((a joke once again))** again... ahh man you guys are young on this forum i can tell... WELCOME TO LIFE...money talks... but again if you want personal satisfaction you strive for self excellence given your resources---

but yo, well lookin back i dont know if your being overly sarcastic but it sounds like your bashing -- SO IF THATS SO... unless you go to an indian med schools and you have experienced them -- you are truly your an outsider making comments off what your parents and aunties and uncles probably bitch about when they find out someone's son is going to india to study.... please... that routine is sooo old.... BUT IF YOUR NOT BASHING.> YOU CAN IGNORE EVERYTHING I JUST SAID

---------------

CALIATENZA response -->
Wow your timing couldnt be perfect - i am actually prepping for my finals haha soo i got a HUGE LIST of questions... but here some that you will defintely touch first semester of first year MBBS

1. Mamillary Gland - give the relations, blood supply, lymophatics, applied anatomy
2. Hemostasis - *blood clotting*, list the factors, discuss intrinsic factors, applied anatom *deficiences of factor and related disease*, mention some anti-coagulants *those used in labs, blood transfusions etc, treatment - myocardial infarction*
3. Detailed account of glycolosis. Give flow chart, discuss steps, energetics, and regulation

there you go - one from each subject... if your really really interested msg me and i can give you more.. but one thing you have to realize... PRESENTATION and how to answer these questions is the key to scoring the points... more importnatly giving the indian med schools what they want...

its defintely less words and more flow charts, short sentences, and listing if necessary... Like on an anat paper, your going to draw a diagram of the joint, muscle, or never etc... on the given topic.. Next your going to list the anteiror, posterior, roof, floor boundries of the topic. Secondary is applied stuff, like what its used for, these muscles contract, allow for medial rotation etc...finally lets say if its an nerve as a question, what happens if this nerve gets damaged..

Very rarely their going to give you an outline of what they want in the qeustion... like for essays they will do that.. but for shorter questions, your going to have to remember the important categories and adress them accordingly... i can start a new thread on this if you want and if their is enough interest --ah and get some studyin in to boot... ok then i hope that adresses some things.. good luck in india....

oh ok...man seriously thanx on that, good to know so we can prep for exams and stuff. I kinda suck at drawing diagrams and stuff, so we'll see how that goes, cause im not used to it really (even in hs, our diagrams were given to us and we had to just fill in the blanks and stuff). Yeah the presentation aspect is important as well, i can see where u are comming from. Good Luck for ur exams mang..rock em!

Hi Vick,
As I look at the post I see it is really hard.No offense 2 anyone -I was like raging mad when I saw TruthbeTold's post.
I see a lot of racism ,albeit subtle, and when Indians or US desis put India down I feel betrayed.And yesterday I felt like s*it when I saw Truthbetold's post.
My apologies to all & sundry,Sorry.Lost my marbles.
About my dad trying a bit harder,Vick,I am sure if he was alive he definitely would have helped me to go 2 a good Medical School.My dad was an alumni of AIIMS,New Delhi.We r originally from B'lore.Hey I have absolutely no qualms about dads helping their sons-thats the beauty of this relationship.My point was do not put down a country which gives u the opportunity to be a doctor-arguably the noblest of professions.Adapt and succeed!U were saying the same thing & so was I, but I was very abrasive.And I am sorry about it.
I am a premed II student in the Dominican Republic along with my elder Brother[We may change our schools to UAG,Mexico but that depends if we can keep our MCAT score at or above 24.]We chose this program coz the school we r in is accepted in all 50 states,plus we r 2 hours from home[NY].
But I really envy you folks, I would give my right hand to study Medicine in India.What ever the shortcomings my love for India will be unconditional.Just as Christians love Vatican City,Muslims love Mecca ,I as an Indian American love India and will continue to love India.
Once again folks, my apologies 2 one and all ,whom ever I offended.This is my last post on this subject even if some one posts a derogatory reply.
Peace and all the best. :)
NN

Hi Vick,
As I look at the post I see it is really hard.No offense 2 anyone -I was like raging mad when I saw TruthbeTold's post.
I see a lot of racism ,albeit subtle, and when Indians or US desis put India down I feel betrayed.And yesterday I felt like s*it when I saw Truthbetold's post.
My apologies to all & sundry,Sorry.Lost my marbles.
About my dad trying a bit harder,Vick,I am sure if he was alive he definitely would have helped me to go 2 a good Medical School.My dad was an alumni of AIIMS,New Delhi.We r originally from B'lore.Hey I have absolutely no qualms about dads helping their sons-thats the beauty of this relationship.My point was do not put down a country which gives u the opportunity to be a doctor-arguably the noblest of professions.Adapt and succeed!U were saying the same thing & so was I, but I was very abrasive.And I am sorry about it.
I am a premed II student in the Dominican Republic along with my elder Brother[We may change our schools to UAG,Mexico but that depends if we can keep our MCAT score at or above 24.]We chose this program coz the school we r in is accepted in all 50 states,plus we r 2 hours from home[NY].
But I really envy you folks, I would give my right hand to study Medicine in India.What ever the shortcomings my love for India will be unconditional.Just as Christians love Vatican City,Muslims love Mecca ,I as an Indian American love India and will continue to love India.
Once again folks, my apologies 2 one and all ,whom ever I offended.This is my last post on this subject even if some one posts a derogatory reply.
Peace and all the best. :)
NN

ahhh...just another joker coming out the wood works...u have never studied in SRMC but feel that u can disagree with what i have to say...an alumni of SRMC....hmmm......well to all who are considering going to SRMC to study medicine can make the choice of whose comments have relevance...mine or 'naveenanirada', who has never attended SRMC.....just because you don't like what u read or hear, does not make the information false....i could use some more choice words in retaliation to your onslaught toward me, but i just feel sorry for you....maybe you should write a post about your college, it might actually help some aspiring students rather the garbage u have spewed on this thread

alright I been looking for truthbetolds original post and couldn't find it... but from the post that thisisvick made I got an idea of what truthbetold is saying... and I really dont understand what the problem is... why are you all bashin him sooo much... its rediculous...

first issue that i saw was Backstabbing:

Fine people should find out about there exams and the subject themselves... but as a new student who came straight out of high school from Los Angeles I never knew that crap like what truthbetold happened... back home there isnt that much competition until you get into college and even then... And for people out there saying that backstabbing in indian colleges doesn't happen... i say open your eyes... I have personally learned that when asking how much people have studied for exams I should take their response with a grain of salt... people are like oh I still have to start and then when someone asks a questions they are like the fricken encyclopedia... The point of this is that when I started out here I had no idea how the system worked... I didn't know how much or how well I needed to know the material as the way they tested was totally different... so if I'm asking how much they studied or whats gonna come on the test... its cuz A) im trying to see if I'm studying just the same as everyone else and to the same degree and B) to actually see what kind of questions they will ask... Remember I only know the mult choice question type of exam system well... I really don't know what to expect here. I mean iono what you all are talking about but I sure as hell have learned to deal with some of the stuff I think TBT is talking about... small stuff... very important to realise stuff... and stuff thats not a big deal if someone tells you about it! the whole point is that people from america usually don't know that people out here are like that... the whole point of posting here is to tell future students about this stuff... and honestly we aren't getting any money out of posting here... we do it to help others... so I see no reason why someone should be called names or bashed even if you have a difference of opinion... its up to others at the end of the day to determine who they are going to believe... frankly by calling someone else names you are gonna disparage yourself... anyways moving on...

coming to teaching style...
I can see how TBT would have said all the teachers here are senile... teachers here ARE very different and sometimes less professional than teachers back home... And a lot of the times we retain that perception because teachers here seem so imposing and they are a lot less approachable or so it may seem due to their general demeanor and the formality with which they are regarded by students...we dont really understand the teaching style in india and most teachers here are great at their field and they will help you... but they have no teaching background and do not know how to teach... they are very knowledgable and they will help you if you ask them to... but you will have to study yourself. I really do think it an important point to bring up as generally most teachers out here until clinical studies really dont know what they are doing... at least that has been my experience in KIMS... and I am currently a final year student... clinical studies here are great... they are awesome but until then you will come across a great deal of "dumb" teachers... I mean some teachers are coming up into class and reading the book directly and monotonously to the students... what is the point of that?!?!.... others, if you ask them a question that is not written out in the most basic of books they can't answer cuz thats the only book they have read and they really don't know the answer... example... I ask a professor a question about something in Guyton related to nerve conduction... its clearly spelled out in Guyton just didnt understand the wording and was looking for clarification... teacher looks at me surprised and then has a blank stare on his face... after a few seconds he changes his tone and starts counterquestioning me and tells the whole class that we are not studying enough... WTF!!! most of the times we as NRI's and others don't ask questions to teachers is cuz we are worried about them counter questioning us... ya know... and dont even try and say that doesnt happen... cuz its more often than not.. so yeah

Grading system

the reason that there is no way you can get a perfect score is because its a essay based question and all the grades are never going to be the same... for example my paper is graded by person a and i got a 3/5 and person b's paper is graded by person c and he gets a 4/5 for his answer when both our answers are identical... its just like that... furthermore I have to disagree with the notion that its possible to score perfect on ur exernal( university exams) yes it MAY be more lenient IF the question paper is UNUSUALLY HARD OR THERE ARE WIERD QUESTIONS IN THERE... but yea the people that grade our papers are the same people that teach us and they grade externals just the same as the grade internals... its jus that there is no bias this time... i say bias cuz in internal exams the results are highly based on if you have a good image in class... i e you come to class all the time and you arent noted for bad crap like hanging out with girls all the time or goofing off in class... stuff like that... its true.. i have experienced it... I didnt used to come to class regularly as I found it useless besides attendance purposes as I perfer to read and study on my own and the teachers accents used to hinder me anyways so yeah come exma time my answers were better than most but i still ended up getting lesser grades... asked on many occasions as to why and I really never got a solid answer... more over they used to be like oh u are lucky you got this and then resort to yelling at me about how I dont come to class... internals are less about what you know and a lot about what they think about you. I know im going to get flamed for sayng this but its so true...

Social life ( lets get crunk)

the social life here is definitely not what it is back home and anyone telling you it is is crazy or has been very sheltered in America... yes you do have good people here... fun people... but when clubs close down at 11:00 pm and there is the moral police out there roughing up women in night clubs and now even just for talking to guys or wearing western clothes.... anyone saying that the social life he is normal is just not being realistic. And all this is happening in BANGALORE!!!!!! yes the fact is that the moral police here IS active and has roughed up all the women at a club and the bouncers and is still largely untouched and carefree. The funny thing, more disturbing rather, is that only one guy that wasnt a bouncer stood up and fought with these people and in turn he also go beat up at the club... and this is happening NOW!!!!! not years ago... but now! I am a guy so I really don't worry to much and even girls aren't too worried as its not the norm but still... to totally disregard it is not an honest picture... if I was a girl i would think about that **** happening and I might change my lifestyle too. life in Bangalore though isn't that bad and there are plenty of my posts in the forum attesting this... but still its not all Gravy out here either!

So yeah that is my two cents... dunno the orignial post by Truthbetold but if he said what I said then I think he is right...

I just now realised that I have replied to a 3 year old post... LOL.... well not really i replied to Truth be Told's post which was today... But the people I replied to are prolly long gone... Darn... oh well.. guess it had to happen sometime.....

alright I been looking for truthbetolds original post and couldn't find it... but from the post that thisisvick made I got an idea of what truthbetold is saying... and I really dont understand what the problem is... why are you all bashin him sooo much... its rediculous...

first issue that i saw was Backstabbing:

Fine people should find out about there exams and the subject themselves... but as a new student who came straight out of high school from Los Angeles I never knew that crap like what truthbetold happened... back home there isnt that much competition until you get into college and even then... And for people out there saying that backstabbing in indian colleges doesn't happen... i say open your eyes... I have personally learned that when asking how much people have studied for exams I should take their response with a grain of salt... people are like oh I still have to start and then when someone asks a questions they are like the fricken encyclopedia... The point of this is that when I started out here I had no idea how the system worked... I didn't know how much or how well I needed to know the material as the way they tested was totally different... so if I'm asking how much they studied or whats gonna come on the test... its cuz A) im trying to see if I'm studying just the same as everyone else and to the same degree and B) to actually see what kind of questions they will ask... Remember I only know the mult choice question type of exam system well... I really don't know what to expect here. I mean iono what you all are talking about but I sure as hell have learned to deal with some of the stuff I think TBT is talking about... small stuff... very important to realise stuff... and stuff thats not a big deal if someone tells you about it! the whole point is that people from america usually don't know that people out here are like that... the whole point of posting here is to tell future students about this stuff... and honestly we aren't getting any money out of posting here... we do it to help others... so I see no reason why someone should be called names or bashed even if you have a difference of opinion... its up to others at the end of the day to determine who they are going to believe... frankly by calling someone else names you are gonna disparage yourself... anyways moving on...

coming to teaching style...
I can see how TBT would have said all the teachers here are senile... teachers here ARE very different and sometimes less professional than teachers back home... And a lot of the times we retain that perception because teachers here seem so imposing and they are a lot less approachable or so it may seem due to their general demeanor and the formality with which they are regarded by students...we dont really understand the teaching style in india and most teachers here are great at their field and they will help you... but they have no teaching background and do not know how to teach... they are very knowledgable and they will help you if you ask them to... but you will have to study yourself. I really do think it an important point to bring up as generally most teachers out here until clinical studies really dont know what they are doing... at least that has been my experience in KIMS... and I am currently a final year student... clinical studies here are great... they are awesome but until then you will come across a great deal of "dumb" teachers... I mean some teachers are coming up into class and reading the book directly and monotonously to the students... what is the point of that?!?!.... others, if you ask them a question that is not written out in the most basic of books they can't answer cuz thats the only book they have read and they really don't know the answer... example... I ask a professor a question about something in Guyton related to nerve conduction... its clearly spelled out in Guyton just didnt understand the wording and was looking for clarification... teacher looks at me surprised and then has a blank stare on his face... after a few seconds he changes his tone and starts counterquestioning me and tells the whole class that we are not studying enough... WTF!!! most of the times we as NRI's and others don't ask questions to teachers is cuz we are worried about them counter questioning us... ya know... and dont even try and say that doesnt happen... cuz its more often than not.. so yeah

Grading system

the reason that there is no way you can get a perfect score is because its a essay based question and all the grades are never going to be the same... for example my paper is graded by person a and i got a 3/5 and person b's paper is graded by person c and he gets a 4/5 for his answer when both our answers are identical... its just like that... furthermore I have to disagree with the notion that its possible to score perfect on ur exernal( university exams) yes it MAY be more lenient IF the question paper is UNUSUALLY HARD OR THERE ARE WIERD QUESTIONS IN THERE... but yea the people that grade our papers are the same people that teach us and they grade externals just the same as the grade internals... its jus that there is no bias this time... i say bias cuz in internal exams the results are highly based on if you have a good image in class... i e you come to class all the time and you arent noted for bad crap like hanging out with girls all the time or goofing off in class... stuff like that... its true.. i have experienced it... I didnt used to come to class regularly as I found it useless besides attendance purposes as I perfer to read and study on my own and the teachers accents used to hinder me anyways so yeah come exma time my answers were better than most but i still ended up getting lesser grades... asked on many occasions as to why and I really never got a solid answer... more over they used to be like oh u are lucky you got this and then resort to yelling at me about how I dont come to class... internals are less about what you know and a lot about what they think about you. I know im going to get flamed for sayng this but its so true...

Social life ( lets get crunk)

the social life here is definitely not what it is back home and anyone telling you it is is crazy or has been very sheltered in America... yes you do have good people here... fun people... but when clubs close down at 11:00 pm and there is the moral police out there roughing up women in night clubs and now even just for talking to guys or wearing western clothes.... anyone saying that the social life he is normal is just not being realistic. And all this is happening in BANGALORE!!!!!! yes the fact is that the moral police here IS active and has roughed up all the women at a club and the bouncers and is still largely untouched and carefree. The funny thing, more disturbing rather, is that only one guy that wasnt a bouncer stood up and fought with these people and in turn he also go beat up at the club... and this is happening NOW!!!!! not years ago... but now! I am a guy so I really don't worry to much and even girls aren't too worried as its not the norm but still... to totally disregard it is not an honest picture... if I was a girl i would think about that **** happening and I might change my lifestyle too. life in Bangalore though isn't that bad and there are plenty of my posts in the forum attesting this... but still its not all Gravy out here either!

So yeah that is my two cents... dunno the orignial post by Truthbetold but if he said what I said then I think he is right...

thank u for speaking the truth...i think some of the people who have bashed me or my threads mistake it for an onslaught on india, but i never said anything along those lines(though some of posts disagreeing with my original post take the time to attack me or USA), rather i post the truth about the medical system in SRMC....thanks for being objective and backing me....also here are my threads that u were looking for

the original
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=182668&highlight=truth+about+srmc

the update
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=444925&highlight=truth+about+srmc

i come back every so often just see how things are going on in this forum, mainly my threads...i posted it just to help students with information that wasn't available to me when i was in a position to make a decision.....

on a side note, it was a bit of an eye opener when u talked about the moral police...thats some crazy stuff...madras wasn't like that, but the clubs and everything would shut down by 11 pm....good luck with everything and keep on truck'in..