Residency swap

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psychlover66

Reaction score
Looking for a pgy1 residency swap position for psych in the southeast/northeast ish area. Currently located in Savannah, Ga.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
While it is possible for someone who is a PGY-I in the southeast may want to leave the area, you have no responses because you haven't indicated where they would be swapping to. It is also a little more complicated in that two PDs would have to see this as favorable. They may be fine with it if you really want out, but the quality of the other PGY-I is also a big part of the equation.

Reactions: 1 users
While it is possible for someone who is a PGY-I in the southeast may want to leave the area, you have no responses because you haven't indicated where they would be swapping to. It is also a little more complicated in that two PDs would have to see this as favorable. They may be fine with it if you really want out, but the quality of the other PGY-I is also a big part of the equation.
Thats fair and my PD recommended it as well

Members don't see this ad :)
I just re-rad this and you did say where you are leaving from. The optics of wanting to leave your program, but stay in the area isn't a strong endorsement for your trade.

Lol yeah why are you leaving your program but staying in its area…

I just re-rad this and you did say where you are leaving from. The optics of wanting to leave your program, but stay in the area isn't a strong endorsement for your trade.
The post was edited; it didn't have the information initially. I guess if someone's interested they can reach out and work out the details, but it is curious/suspicious with the limited information given.

Well yeah of course I edited it because of the advice I was given. I'm not trying to put my whole life/business out there on public forums. But I wouldn't be putting in the effort unless I'm actually looking for a position.

Wow is the new program Gateway in savannah that bad? What don’t you like about it? Is it through Mercer?

The program is fine. I really like all the attendings actually. Im switching for family reasons