Residency Program Reviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmEm

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any PGY1's or PGY2's be interested on giving their thoughts and opinions in regards to their programs. You know, the good, the bad and the ugly. I think it'd be a good idea for us P4's that are applying to residency to get a review of the program from current PGY1's and PGY2's. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I think most people would be a bit wary about posting such sensitive information on a public forum. As has been mentioned elsewhere, pharmacy can be a very small world. My suggestion is to get the names of current or past residents at the sites that interest you and talk to them directly.

Not the answer you were looking for but I hope this helps :)

I think most people would be a bit wary about posting such sensitive information on a public forum. As has been mentioned elsewhere, pharmacy can be a very small world. My suggestion is to get the names of current or past residents at the sites that interest you and talk to them directly.

Not the answer you were looking for but I hope this helps :)

I agree with spacecowgirl on this one. Pharmacy often is subject to way less than 6 degrees of separation and it always is in your best interest not to post less than flattering information on a forum like this.

Members don't see this ad :)
How about just the good, then? Anyone do a residency they OMGLOVED? If you didn't, you can pretend you didn't see this thread. :cool:

i really dont think its a big deal, i highly doubt a residency program person is gonna try to find out who posted what on some message board, plus it'd be really hard to prove it anyways

i really dont think its a big deal, i highly doubt a residency program person is gonna try to find out who posted what on some message board, plus it'd be really hard to prove it anyways
Posts on this board have been used in litigation before.

I stand by my original post on the subject.

1) find a site that interests you

2) get names of current and past residents

3) ask them what was good/bad about their residency

It's not like Yelp, there's going to be a degree of uncertainty no matter what. Each personality and each site will interact differently.

Posts on this board have been used in litigation before.

I stand by my original post on the subject.

1) find a site that interests you

2) get names of current and past residents

3) ask them what was good/bad about their residency

It's not like Yelp, there's going to be a degree of uncertainty no matter what. Each personality and each site will interact differently.

haha really? im surprised to hear that

This is something everyone really needs to remember. Finding the right residency for you is very important; just because your friend loved theirs doesn't mean you'll even like it.