Residency Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The_Blue_Pill

P4 Pharmacy Student
Reaction score
I was wondering what questions you guys were asked during the residency interview process?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
He already has the loans LMAO
LOL totally misread the post. I guess I should be helpful then.

There are tons of resources online about residency interview questions and they are all accurate. You’d get mostly behavorial/situational questions and you may get some technical or clinical questions too. These are going to vary by insitution but in general, I’d say be prepared for these questions:

1) Plans for the future
2) Most significant/impactful clinical intervention you’ve made
3) Why [insert name of specialty]
4) Time you had a conflict
5) Time where you had competing priorities
6) Why you vs other candidates for the position

1. this is pretty easily searchable on google - especially situational questions.
2. be able to answer any question about anything on your cv. any presentation, journal club, work experience, volunteering. be able to talk about it.
3. be able to speak to why you want to do residency, what your career goals are, why you want to do that specific program, time management, etc

Reactions: 1 users
I was wondering what questions you guys were asked during the residency interview process?

Thanks!

Thanks!

This question may sound dumb, but I need an answer. Will be soon applying for IM residency. I was very fortunate to have the opportunity for substantial research on pancreatic diseases/cancer and radiation oncology in med school. I am leaning toward GI tract and further specialization for my career goal. Since I have to go thru IM, is it ok to share my ultimate goal during IM residency interview, without hampering my chance in that school?

This question may sound dumb, but I need an answer. Will be soon applying for IM residency. I was very fortunate to have the opportunity for substantial research on pancreatic diseases/cancer and radiation oncology in med school. I am leaning toward GI tract and further specialization for my career goal. Since I have to go thru IM, is it ok to share my ultimate goal during IM residency interview, without hampering my chance in that school?
I think you must have searched the whole forums and gotten in the wrong subforum. Are you searching for a pharmacy residency?

"What can you contribute to our program?"
"What sets you apart from other candidates?"
"What was your favorite rotation as a student, and why?"
"What are your short- and long-term goals as a resident?"
"Why our program?"