Residency Interview Invites 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has anyone heard from grady health? florida hospital orlando? and florida hospital celebration? ive had phone interviews for harris health and xavier pgy1 ambulatory

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know what PGY2 programs from Vanderbilt have sent out invites? If any?

Has anyone heard from any WakeMed PGY2 programs?

has anyone heard from grady health? florida hospital orlando? and florida hospital celebration? ive had phone interviews for harris health and xavier pgy1 ambulatory

Not a peep from FH Orlando, and at PPS they said they were shooting to have the majority of their interviews COMPLETE in January.

Anyone know what PGY2 programs from Vanderbilt have sent out invites? If any?

Haven’t heard anything from Vanderbilt for peds. Friend who applied to critical care hasn’t heard either.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone heard from Duke, City of Hope or Ohio State University?

Indianapolis VAMC - phone interview (invited on 1/8)
The University of Missouri - University Hospital (invited on 1/11)

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know what is a good number of interviews to accept? Is 4 a good number? I don't want to take too many days off of APPE, so I was thinking maybe 2 days off per rotation, making 4 for me (I have 2 rotations left)... what do you all think?

In case anyone missed it: PearlGirl posted the link to the Google Doc for 2018 interview invites under Post #125 in this thread (it won't let me re-post links because I'm new here) :)

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know what is a good number of interviews to accept? Is 4 a good number? I don't want to take too many days off of APPE, so I was thinking maybe 2 days off per rotation, making 4 for me (I have 2 rotations left)... what do you all think?

I would accept as many invitations as you can without limiting yourself. Some students interview at as many as 10+ programs (which can be exhausting), but it also depends on the geographical location/travel time. Most interviews will be in February (we all need to submit our rank lists by the beginning of March). You should talk to your preceptors ahead of time to see how open they are to allowing you to attend interviews and make up hours by taking on extra projects, coming in earlier/staying later, working on weekends, etc.

Reactions: 1 users
Rejection from Univ of Michigan today

Heard back also back with interview from UCSF Friday

Did anybody get an interview at Vidant Health and schedule on 2nd ? If so could you please private message me ASAP, it's an emergency .

For those who have heard back from Intermountain Healthcare (PGY1), which facilities did you apply to and when did you apply?

Did anyone hear back from the University of Utah (PGY1)?

Thanks!
I have not heard back from University of Utah yet either. It's marked on the google sheet though, but I can't tell if someone heard from them for PGY1 or PGY2. I guess we will find out! Good luck.

I have not heard back from University of Utah yet either. It's marked on the google sheet though, but I can't tell if someone heard from them for PGY1 or PGY2. I guess we will find out! Good luck.

Utah sent out some PGY2 1/9

Did anyone hear back from the Ohio State University or the University of Chicago (PGY-1)?

Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 8.58.37 AM.png

Share this google doc with your pharmacy class

Do people usually reply to rejection emails or no?

It will never hurt you to be courteous. They took the time to review your application, and though you may not be what they’re looking for now, you never know what the future holds. Just send a quick thank you and good luck to them with their resident search.

Thank you very much for your response! I got 7 interview invitations so far, and am waiting on 6 more... (maybe I applied to a little too many programs) do you recommend that I accept and attend all 7+ interviews? Or should I pick maybe 4-5 and decline a few.... my biggest concern is making up time for my APPEs (preceptors are strict) and the $$$ involved with travel costs...

Congrats on all of your interviews! I think it's ultimately up to you, but I went to a program at my school where a current resident said he went to 10 interviews and was really burnt out at the end and that he wished he said no to the programs he didn't like as much as others. At the same time, saying no to an interview is really daunting and sometimes you don't know if you won't like a program until you go to the interview. Assuming you're going to get more invitations, you might need to see whether your preceptor would be able to let you make up 7+ days of rotations, and if you can manage preparing for 7+ interviews while making up that work and traveling. If you are going to decline a few, it sounds like you're a strong enough candidate that you won't need as many safeties and you can go for your top choice programs. :)

Sorry this might not be that helpful, but good luck!

Uni of Arizona- El Rio in Tucson: Phone interview then an onsite interview scheduled
Houston Methodist: Phone Interview this week
Providence Portland Medical Center (PPMC): Onsite interview scheduled

Orlando Health: Rejection

Current PGY-1's... what's the latest you heard from a program offering an interview? 3rd week or 4th week of January? February? Is there any timeline like, say after this week or next, when you can kind of guess or guarantee you've been rejected?

Current PGY-1's... what's the latest you heard from a program offering an interview? 3rd week or 4th week of January? February? Is there any timeline like, say after this week or next, when you can kind of guess or guarantee you've been rejected?

I had my last offer and last rejection in the 4th week of January. Programs should not keep you hanging much longer after that, considering the logistics of interviews.

Do you care to elaborate on the negative reviews for FL Hospital Orlando?

Anyone hear from University of Chicago Medicine for PGY1?

Harris Health System -phone interview 1/12
UC SD Health Am Care - phone interview 1/17
Denials from UW Medicine, UC Davis, Denver Health and Boston Medical Center