Residency in University Hospital

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Orestis

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello people,

So since my step 1 probably wont be great ( I guess somewhere from 230 to 240) I am looking for other countries to do my residency(neurology). First of all I should say that I am EU citizen and EU graduate(in 1,5 years) meaning that I do not have to deal with visas or diploma recognition etc. I know for UK I have to pass an english exam(won't be hard) and after I should do 2 foundation years before starting my residency. As far as I know I can skip one foundation year because of my 6th rotations in med school, so basically 1 foundation year + residency.

So my question is the following: From the moment you complete my foundation year(s) how long would it take until I get a residency spot in a university hospital? I am searching for university hospital because I wanna do research while in residency if I am lucky or at least have a network that could use for research after I finish residency.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.