This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surgeon-to-be

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
And so it begins folks!
Applications are in, the programs have started their screening process.

Please post here if/when you hear back from programs.
I would prefer this to be a stress free zone so no scores, no hyper-competitive messages.

Please share
  1. US grad or FMG or IMG
  2. No of programs applied to
  3. IV calls from
Alabama
Arizona
Arkansas
California
Colorado
Connecticut
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Nebraska
Nevada:
New Hampshire:
New Jersey:
New Mexico:
New York:
North Carolina:
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
West Virginia
Washington
Washington DC
Wisconsin​

Here's how these thread works:

You Reply to the OP's thread, adding in your information (generally either in Bold print or putting at the top some info like, "adding in UCLA info").

It will be much much easier to read that way rather than individual posts with info."

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hello Everyone!

I am a US Grad, applied to 48 programs, awaiting interviews! :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

Reactions: 1 users
FMG applied to 20 programs.
Will be applying to applying to ~40 more.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone,

US Senior, applying to 60 programs. Good luck!

Hello! Good luck, everyone. I'm a US senior, applied to about 60 programs. Hope we all hear soon. I'll be following this thread!

US senior, continuing the trend, applied to about 60 programs. Good luck everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

It looks like it will no longer be possible for applicants to view if the programs have downloaded all or part of your application.
Sucks! Adds on to the ever increasing 'unknown variable' list. :yuck::watching:

It looks like it will no longer be possible for applicants to view if the programs have downloaded all or part of your application.
Sucks! Adds on to the ever increasing 'unknown variable' list. :yuck::watching:

Was this part of the "Track Assigned Documents"?

US-IMG, 160 programs
Anyone hear from any programs yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
And so it begins folks!
Applications are in, the programs have started their screening process.

Please post here if/when you hear back from programs.
I would prefer this to be a stress free zone so no scores, no hyper-competitive messages.

Please share
  1. US grad or FMG or IMG
  2. No of programs applied to
  3. IV calls from
(FMG-US grad from med school outside the country)

Good luck everyone!

FMG typically refers to foreign citizen grads of foreign med schools. IMG usually refers to US citizens that graduated from a foreign med school.

FMG typically refers to foreign citizen grads of foreign med schools. IMG usually refers to US citizens that graduated from a foreign med school.

Oops. I stand corrected. Happens when you join SDN late.

:)

Are we using this as the official "2016-2017 General Surgery Interview Invite/Rejection Thread"?

Are we using this as the official "2016-2017 General Surgery Interview Invite/Rejection Thread"?

We should use this as an official interview invite/reject thread. People have already posted some of their application details.

surgeon-to-be -- Are you able to change the title of this thread to match the ones from the past years so people can find us more easily and join in on the discussion?

This thread is nice too (thanks @surgeon-to-be) but as far as checking the status of interview invites in an organized fashion, I personally would prefer the setup @Atton suggested

OK, I don't want to duplicate efforts so for the sake of consistency we can move to the thread that @Atton has set up.
However, I have edited my original post (copied and pasted from you @Atton - plagiarism--eepp!!! :dead::nailbiting::sorry:) in case people want to continue posting here.

non-US IMG, 103 programs
252 / 268 / CS 1st pass