Research?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Topology

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am MS-1 in midwest. I have a question about research? I have done research during undergrad for two years without publications. I'll be starting a research related to cataracts in few weeks at my med school. Does is matter in what field I do research in to have better chance at radiology residency or any field is ok as long as I get it published? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

my advice: don't be like thousands of other clamoring neurotic students all trying to solve the magic rubik's cube puzzle of becoming the perfect on paper candidate for getting into a "top 5" program. Instead, take care of yourself, love your family and friends, get laid, and do whatever research you are interested and are able to take part in-
or if you hate it and are just doing it because of this two faced game we play, simply do a mere case report, or write a haiku on how research sucks ass.
either way, you'll get into a field that is less ******ed than most in medicine and live happily ever after-or at least you'll be able to send your kids to private school.