Nonradiology research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

workaholic007

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Starting M3 year. I have ENT research but decided I am not really interested in ENT. Step Score is 238. Should I continue my reserach in ENT to finish it to publication or should I bail? I am 1 paper guarantee, 2 left to do.

I want to find radiology research but I do not know how much sub surgical research will help my future app.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

oh sweet naive child. nothing is guaranteed. reviewer #2 might have some strong opinions about your study design.

Reactions: 3 users
Any research is gonna help. If you can get a solid rec letter from your ENT attending, even better.

Members don't see this ad :)
Starting M3 year. I have ENT research but decided I am not really interested in ENT. Step Score is 238. Should I continue my reserach in ENT to finish it to publication or should I bail? I am 1 paper guarantee, 2 left to do.

I want to find radiology research but I do not know how much sub surgical research will help my future app.

Thanks
If you're sure you're not interested in ENT, you should bail unless it is imaging-related ENT research.

you really think so? then all my work I did was a waste then.
The sunk cost fallacy is when you believe the investments made so far justify further expenditure regardless of whether the potential reward is still desirable.

Convince us that your ENT research will be of relevance to your future career. It's possible. Maybe you want to be a head and neck radiologist or to be a clinician scientist. Maybe the skills you use are translatable.