Research WHAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

halodoctor

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
There is a lot of talk about research on these forums, but no one ever gets specific. I was hoping some of the veteran orthopods could enlighten me on the various topics of research that are available. For example, can we get a list of the "hot topics in ortho"??? I am interested in doing research and I am hoping that someone will mention something that will excite me out of my pants and lead me to the nearest research center to find out more!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Listing topics won't really be helpful in my opionion, as you're most likely going to do research in whatever field the people at your institution are working on. You should go to your friendly neighborhood ortho department and ask around to see what people are working on, what projects need a first author, etc.

If you are going to do significant research, aka a year off to work at NIH, even then, you will be limited by whats available (although you will have a lot more choices at bigger research institutions like NIH).

what projects need a first author, etc.

i have never heard of such a thing. asking what projects need a 1st author? are you kidding? getting 1st author is going to take a bit more than just 'asking around'. to be 1st author requires that you initiate, develop the project, then do most of the work.

Of course you would never actually say, "what papers need a first author". But you test the waters and find out what projects need to be taken over. As a student involved in a busy academic center, this was very evident.