Rejection for 2005 list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Add Buffalo here for me...

Still "Under review" from BU... they're taking their sweet time there... even though they're full probably. :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

coilz said:
Add Buffalo here for me...

Still "Under review" from BU... they're taking their sweet time there... even though they're full probably. :mad:

hey coilz when did u interview???

Add me to UCONN... got it in the mail today....
Their letter said that this was one of the most competitive cycles and that it was a very hard decision etc etc etc.. I guess that should make us "rejectees" feel better Hehe!

Members don't see this ad :)
USUaggie said:
Mine came too! My dad called and was all excited but I had checked on there website a couple days before and my status was "DENIED" - you'd think they'd phrase it nicer like, "unaccepted" or "on top of the pile of those we didn't accept" or "you're still a great person" or "let's still be friends" or something like that

:laugh: that's so hilarious! although i have to say, some schools reject more sensitively than others.

I'm actually hoping for a rejection letter, that way I'll know where I stand...i've been waiting forever and I really can't take it anymore. So in essence, I envy ya'll; as crazy as that sounds. lol

:sleep:

lake04 said:
I'm actually hoping for a rejection letter, that way I'll know where I stand...i've been waiting forever and I really can't take it anymore. So in essence, I envy ya'll; as crazy as that sounds. lol

:sleep:

ditto

MitchSE-R said:
finally got the boot from columbia..now i just wish bu and tufts would tell me something, anything!

columbia also. can't believe how long bu,tufts,temple and nyu are taking..

hockeydentist said:
Yess I can't believe I am starting this thread. I got a nice thin letter from LOMA LINDA. They looked at my file and rejected me, they didn't even wait for my new DAT. i love the line in the letter that states please refer to the website for the gpa and dAT statistics.
there stats

3.4 gpa
and 18 dat

I had a
3.3 gpa
19 DAT( new score, old one was a 17)

I could say a whole lot more about this, but it would not be readible because SDN has a now swearing clause, All you would see is """"" !!!!!

I guess Loma Linda is too good for me. Oh well, I always wanted to be the first at something, now I am. First rejection. top that!!!

I had 3.55 GPA (if I get rid of foreign GPA it would be 3.8 why do they count it if I have to retake all the requirement damn it)
Acacdemic DAT 21
PAT 22

Guess what? I applied 9 schools and 6 rejected me they didn't even called me for interview. May be I was stupid applying state schools.

I am still waiting and waiting after 3 interviews. Luckily I didn't get rejection letter from those schools. (But I expect soon)

Arrrggggg.

I think it is pretty compeititive this year.

Just cross your finger and find other job. Sorry.

My rejection list?

University of Washington
University of Illinois, Chicago
Columbia University
University of California, Los Angeles
Universtiy of Pennsyvenia
blah blah blah.

Good luck guys.

penguinteeth said:
I had 3.55 GPA (if I get rid of foreign GPA it would be 3.8 why do they count it if I have to retake all the requirement damn it)
Acacdemic DAT 21
PAT 22

Guess what? I applied 9 schools and 6 rejected me they didn't even called me for interview. May be I was stupid applying state schools.

I am still waiting and waiting after 3 interviews. Luckily I didn't get rejection letter from those schools. (But I expect soon)

Arrrggggg.

I think it is pretty compeititive this year.

Just cross your finger and find other job. Sorry.

My rejection list?

University of Washington
University of Illinois, Chicago
Columbia University
University of California, Los Angeles
Universtiy of Pennsyvenia
blah blah blah.

Good luck guys.

If you are out of state for any of these schools...you shouldnt have applied to them...except for Indiana and a few other schools that probably take more out of staters than most. I know for a fact if you are out of state for UIC and apply there, you wasted your money. They accept ZERO out of state students. Best bet would have been to call the schools...there is nothing wrong with calling adcoms and telling them your situation. There is something wrong with not calling adcoms, getting rejected for reasons that you would have known previous to applying (and hence not applied to X school in the first place), and complaining about it. Sorry man, the blame falls on you...you didnt do your homework. So, people applying in 2006, please learn from Mr. Penguin...call the schools and DONT RELY ON AN ADMISSIONS BOOK OR SDN ALONE. I did that and saved a lot of money by not applying to schools where I knew I wouldnt get in.

Penguin what is your home state?

Finally got the boot from Marquette!

Members don't see this ad :)
TOdentist said:
Finally got the boot from Marquette!

sorry to hear that!..pff..oh well..u've got an acceptance elsewhere :thumbup: ...and soon for Case too ;)

pbure said:
columbia also. can't believe how long bu,tufts,temple and nyu are taking..

Dude are you sure they havent lost your application??? Cause EVERY statistic of yours is better than mine and I got into 5 schools last year....how the hell can things change so much in one year? Have you called to confirm that they havent lost your application?

Dr.BadVibes said:
Dude are you sure they havent lost your application??? Cause EVERY statistic of yours is better than mine and I got into 5 schools last year....how the hell can things change so much in one year? Have you called to confirm that they havent lost your application?

no man..havn't called. i emailed nyu and columbia but that was it. im already gearing up my application for next year..but i guess it wont hurt to give boston and temple a call. i hear tufts is completely full already. thanks

Marquette about 2 weeks ago and Louisville yesterday.

from the looks of things, i think this year's application cycle was pretty competitive...

Dr.BadVibes said:

canuck_chick said:
from the looks of things, i think this year's application cycle was pretty competitive...

does anyone know if it is projected to become more competitive to get into d-school next year? has there been a trend of more applicants applying within the past 3-5 years?

pbure said:
no man..havn't called. i emailed nyu and columbia but that was it. im already gearing up my application for next year..but i guess it wont hurt to give boston and temple a call. i hear tufts is completely full already. thanks

Yeah Tufts is full... Got my UPenn rejection. Ah well... too sexy for them. :laugh:
As for the question about it more applicants in the past years, I know from reading the forums that there were a lot more applications this cycle than the last. I don't know exact numbers or anything, but you can bet your bum it was also a lot more competitive!

Does anyone know whether USC and NYU are full yet?

Thanx

ajy1013 said:
does anyone know if it is projected to become more competitive to get into d-school next year? has there been a trend of more applicants applying within the past 3-5 years?

I know at UNC they said during an orientation recently that the average science gpa for accepted students for 2009 was an all-time high of 3.6! That's crazy. I think the secret is out. I would expect it to continue to be as or more competitive as long as other professional careers continue to be less attractive (MD, etc) and people are looking for job security in an unstable economy.

NYU

This is by far the saddest day for me. I got the letter by fax because apparently it wasn't sent....it was dated Feb.24! A bit late, don't you think??

What really upsets me is that I applied back in August and I didn't even get an interview. I know of several people on this forum who applied after me with similar or worse stats who have been interviewed. I also know of one person with the exact same stats who applied when I applied and this person was admitted without an interview. I am really really really confused as to why, based on all that, I wasn't even given in interview. I mean, if no one else with my stats made it, I would understand. Sorry for the rant, but I am seriously upset over this. I'm at work now, and too upset to do anything.

favabean said:
NYU

This is by far the saddest day for me. I got the letter by fax because apparently it wasn't sent....it was dated Feb.24! A bit late, don't you think??

What really upsets me is that I applied back in August and I didn't even get an interview. I know of several people on this forum who applied after me with similar or worse stats who have been interviewed. I also know of one person with the exact same stats who applied when I applied and this person was admitted without an interview. I am really really really confused as to why, based on all that, I wasn't even given in interview. I mean, if no one else with my stats made it, I would understand. Sorry for the rant, but I am seriously upset over this. I'm at work now, and too upset to do anything.

OK definetly there loss. Why the hell would you wanna go there anyway????

Hey favabean:

Its their loss, can I ask your stats? Do you have any options besides NYU???

What was the reason that was given; or was it a generic rejection?

Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words. As far as the rejection goes, it was a very short letter, simply stating that after being reviewed the admissions committee have decided not to admit me. Very generic and, if I have to compare it to my other rejection letters (sadly, I have a collection going) it was by far the least informative and tactful.

As far as my stats go, they are definitely not spectacular. I am aware that I am below average, so please be kind: 3.1 overall, 2.7 sci, 3.48 non-science. I know, I'm not competitive. My only surprise is that people with my numbers actually got interviewed, so that's where I'm confused. Otherwise, I am well aware that I am not highly competitive. I have research experience, extensive shadowing and volunteer work....I called Amy Knowles and asked her if there was anything specific about my application that worked against me and she kindly told me that she can't discuss that....grrrr

The only school left is BU, and from what I understand they are almost full and I think they are just about finished interviewing, right?

Best of luck to all of you out there who are still in the running! And to those who are like me...try again, never give up!

favabean said:
As far as my stats go, they are definitely not spectacular. I am aware that I am below average, so please be kind: 3.1 overall, 2.7 sci, 3.48 non-science.

Yeah. it isn't so bad except your science GPA. What about your DAT?

Oops, forgot to add my Dat score: AA19, Bio20, RC20, Perc18. SciTotal 19
I plan to re-take the DAT to improve on these.

favabean said:
Oops, forgot to add my Dat score: AA19, Bio20, RC20, Perc18. SciTotal 19
I plan to re-take the DAT to improve on these.

That's is not bad either. I think retaking DAT will probably help you and maybe you should take some science classes to bring up your science GPA.

hockeydentist said:
Yess I can't believe I am starting this thread. I got a nice thin letter from LOMA LINDA. They looked at my file and rejected me, they didn't even wait for my new DAT. i love the line in the letter that states please refer to the website for the gpa and dAT statistics.
there stats

3.4 gpa
and 18 dat

I had a
3.3 gpa
19 DAT( new score, old one was a 17)

I could say a whole lot more about this, but it would not be readible because SDN has a now swearing clause, All you would see is """"" !!!!!

I guess Loma Linda is too good for me. Oh well, I always wanted to be the first at something, now I am. First rejection. top that!!!

OMG thats is SO sad that it stated that. So EVERYONE, if you dont have the stats for a certain school don't waste your time OR hope they look at extracurr.?

impuny said:
As for the question about it more applicants in the past years, I know from reading the forums that there were a lot more applications this cycle than the last. I don't know exact numbers or anything, but you can bet your bum it was also a lot more competitive!

Man, this next cycle might even be scarier :eek:

The Colorado letters went out last week. Those I know that were waiting were all rejected, including me. Or, should I say, they are "No longer considering my application for admission." ;)

spc213 said:
The Colorado letters went out last week. Those I know that were waiting were all rejected, including me. Or, should I say, they are "No longer considering my application for admission." ;)

Temple

Hey pbure - keep positive! You still have a great shot at NYU and BU.

I hate U of F.

gundam said:
I hate U of F.

Oh yea, I hate every school in the gawddamn nation!! At least until I get accepted by one. :D

fruity_trident said:
BU..after interview. i bet i'm the first

OMG. I'm sorry. It's just not your day today huh. Well at least you got an interview I haven't heard form them since November. :confused:

Dentist 2 be said:
OMG. I'm sorry. It's just not your day today huh. Well at least you got an interview I haven't heard form them since November. :confused:

Yea, right after they cashed my check...

looks like this thread is dying down, oh well, i still got a rejection- Temple

I just got my second rejection letter from Temple. Obviousely someone in their admission office loves me.

Comet208 said:
I just got my second rejection letter from Temple. Obviousely someone in their admission office loves me.

i don't know if u're over it yet...after the 1st time..
if u're not..

i'm sorry to hear that :(

if u're over your rejection..then i think
it's effing hillarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:
i've learnt to use humor as a "stop feeling ****ty about yourself b/c u didn't get accepted" mechanism.

pls excuse me :p

they sure took their sweet time with my rejection :rolleyes:
my file was complete in october

Comet208 said:

And here I thought I was the only one... I just got a second rejection letter from UIC, because evidentially the first one was not enough to suitably depress my ego - either that or they wanted to make really, really sure that I wasn't coming. I mean, I'm not THAT scary... :rolleyes:

But if two negatives make a positive, can I assume that this means that I really AM accepted?...

I just find the whole thing rather hilarious :laugh:

Just thought I would list my rejections:

UCSF, UCLA, UOP, Harvard, OSU, and Loma Linda (after interview)

Whew! felt good to get that off my chest!

Gulch said:
Just thought I would list my rejections:

UCSF, UCLA, UOP, Harvard, OSU, and Loma Linda (after interview)

Whew! felt good to get that off my chest!

Damn gulch what were your stats. Freaking christ why is everyone getting rejected.

Tooth Fixer said:
Damn gulch what were your stats. Freaking christ why is everyone getting rejected.

cum gpa-3.53, sci-3.37
dat-22/22/20

But my adsas # is pretty high:77** since I applied November 12. :eek:

Gulch said:
cum gpa-3.53, sci-3.37
dat-22/22/20

But my adsas # is pretty high:77** since I applied November 12. :eek:

I applied with a similar DAT(22, 22, 20), GPA(3.7, 3.7) and applied around the same time.
It looks like we got pretty similar results:)
I guess it's fair enough Gulch.

Profchaos said:
I applied with a similar DAT(22, 22, 20), GPA(3.7, 3.7) and applied around the same time.
It looks like we got pretty similar results:)
I guess it's fair enough Gulch.

Yeah, it is a hard lesson in not procrastinating. But its hard for me to believe with your rockin gpa, the schools aren't knocking your door down... ;) Guess it makes me feel a little better. are thinking about reapplying? Anybody in the same boat?