Rejection for 2005 list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hockeydentist

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yess I can't believe I am starting this thread. I got a nice thin letter from LOMA LINDA. They looked at my file and rejected me, they didn't even wait for my new DAT. i love the line in the letter that states please refer to the website for the gpa and dAT statistics.
there stats

3.4 gpa
and 18 dat

I had a
3.3 gpa
19 DAT( new score, old one was a 17)

I could say a whole lot more about this, but it would not be readible because SDN has a now swearing clause, All you would see is """"" !!!!!

I guess Loma Linda is too good for me. Oh well, I always wanted to be the first at something, now I am. First rejection. top that!!!

Members don't see this ad.

dam HD, and I was so proud of myself cuz I thought I was the first one....i got the same letter with the average stats yesterday. I got one also from u of iowa, and colorado, so its all good buddy...

phospho

Wow, I thought I was early phos

but you already have 3 letters of rejection. Ouch!

Your the leader in this clan. Once I get 3 more I will become the leader. vice versa

Hd

Rejection brothers Clan, not to be sexist

Rejection Persons Clan
or RPC club :laugh: that sounds good.

Members don't see this ad :)
WE need more members to join the RPC (rejected persons club) right now there are only 2 .

Hd

New member here- rejected from Colorado

Hang in there ~ Remember, you only need one acceptance to come through :) You're probably better off not going to Loma anyway...(not knocking Loma) just saying, maybe the good Lord upstairs has reasons for you not going...to show you something better~

Beachluvr

i've got denied from:
Colorado
Maryland
Iowa
Kentucky
Missouri/KC
Kentucky

Hockeydentist: did you get a secondary from them?

Loma Linda, they were gracious enough to reject me without having to do a secondary and or the secondary fee. That was nice of them.

HD

hockeydentist said:
Loma Linda, they were gracious enough to reject me without having to do a secondary and or the secondary fee. That was nice of them.

HD
rejection from Loma Linda as well...

hockeydentist said:
Yess I can't believe I am starting this thread. I got a nice thin letter from LOMA LINDA. They looked at my file and rejected me, they didn't even wait for my new DAT. i love the line in the letter that states please refer to the website for the gpa and dAT statistics.
there stats

3.4 gpa
and 18 dat

I had a
3.3 gpa
19 DAT( new score, old one was a 17)

I could say a whole lot more about this, but it would not be readible because SDN has a now swearing clause, All you would see is """"" !!!!!

I guess Loma Linda is too good for me. Oh well, I always wanted to be the first at something, now I am. First rejection. top that!!!

You were not the first to receive the big R letter; you were just the first to admit it. I got mine from U. of Md. dated Aug. 6! That means they did not even have my LORs yet. (or my 2nd DAT scores) I thought schools kept you around until your file was complete? Getting that first letter is harsh, even if it is not from one of your top picks. Also, for everybody's info, Temple set their interview cut off for now at a GPA of 3.0 and an 18AA in the DATs. Anything lower in either stat and you will not get an interview. They already received a huge number of applicants by mid June and only 200 of that lot had below an 18 AA, hence the cut off for interviews.

Holden21 said:
You were not the first to receive the big R letter; you were just the first to admit it. I got mine from U. of Md. dated Aug. 6! That means they did not even have my LORs yet. (or my 2nd DAT scores) I thought schools kept you around until your file was complete? Getting that first letter is harsh, even if it is not from one of your top picks. Also, for everybody's info, Temple set their interview cut off for now at a GPA of 3.0 and an 18AA in the DATs. Anything lower in either stat and you will not get an interview. They already received a huge number of applicants by mid June and only 200 of that lot had below an 18 AA, hence the cut off for interviews.
why will they send me a secondaries? I am confused.

Count me in for the big R at Loma Linda :(

haha, HD, so are we gonna be like the ceo's of this club...? cuz you can be the CEO and I'll just accept the applications ...lol...

i forgot to tell you that i also got rejected from U of maryland.....those guys didn't even wait for my lors...lol...my gpa is really bad, i haven't taken my dat yet which is at the end of september...my lors are good tho and my ECs and everything else is just perfect...its pretty much my excuse for not doing so well in school...but im applying to about 20 schools...i had to as u can see...lets all keep each other updated...

-phospho

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejection letters in August?? Whaaaaaaat?!!! :eek:

I see schools are making progress not waiting to make decisions until Dec 1st. This blows!

When do texas schools send out rejections?? do they send them early like this also or?? so basically if you have not got a rejection letter yet then you're in good shape? I have all my stuff in except my DAT grade which i keep getting my DAT packet sent back to me because i either didnt put enough postage, and then because I put 160 instead of 165 because my application packet said 160 which was old! all of this because our Visa expired and they dont take american express!

Count me in for Iowa. It actually said they have chosen to 'defer' my application but that's just a nice way of saying you've been rejected.

accidental said:
Count me in for Iowa. It actually said they have chosen to 'defer' my application but that's just a nice way of saying you've been rejected.

its all good buddy, just hang in there....looks like its gonna be one hell of a cycle..

Iowa said that I was deferred as well...why don't they just say that you are rejected?

Same boat here....rejections: :smuggrin:
Colorado
Iowa
Ohio State

Maryland sent me a letter putting my file on hold until my DATs were in....then they would make a decision :scared:

Well my constiuients(sp)

I wonder if we will become the majority in this thread year?

We need to make tshirts. any slogan ideas?

Why do D-schools have to be such meanies? :smuggrin:

:( Hang in there, y'all!

trypmo said:
Why do D-schools have to be such meanies? :smuggrin:

:( Hang in there, y'all!

those bastards are playing hard to get! :smuggrin:

I believe by ends week we will have enough,to run as an independent canadate for the presidential election. heeeeehheeeee

Hd

hockeydentist said:
I believe by ends week we will have enough,to run as an independent canadate for the presidential election. heeeeehheeeee

Hd

haha....i like the idea....im just gonna keep bumping this...

your lookin at May/june depending on what school in texas.

yesterday I gave a bum on the road 5 bucks, he had a clever line ( car out of gas I need money). hey I thought that was clever, you always see ( i will work for food or money). So the guy had some originality. Too my real point, I thank god that I am able to apply to d-school, I know so many people in this world are worried about where there next meal is coming from or where there going to sleep. There problems are much worse than, recieving a silly rejection letter from a school. As long as I get one, thats all that matters. There are more tradegies in this world than not getting into a dental school.

Well my constiuients I think were running strong, the november elections should be close.

As always, continue to be rejected and be happy, oh also, I am collecting money for our campaign :laugh:

President elect 2004
Hd

For those who are getting rejection letters: did you send in secondary applications and had to pay fees? I would feel better getting rejected without having to pay those secondary fees which add up very quick. What I'm expecting will happen soon is that as soon as we send secondary fees/info they will turn around, cash the check and send a nice "thin" rejection letter. Now THAT would make me mad!!!

Some schools reject you write away and don't make you spend the 50-60 bucks on secondary fees, others reject you as soon as they get the check.

ITs a cruel world :eek:

hockeydentist said:
Some schools reject you write away and don't make you spend the 50-60 bucks on secondary fees, others reject you as soon as they get the check.

ITs a cruel world :eek:

yeah, thats what most of them did to me anyways...except az...

hockeydentist said:
... I thank god that I am able to apply to d-school, I know so many people in this world are worried about where there next meal is coming from or where there going to sleep. There problems are much worse than, recieving a silly rejection letter from a school. As long as I get one, thats all that matters. There are more tradegies in this world than not getting into a dental school
Well sad HD :thumbup:

We get so caught up in the moment, that we don't realize how lucky we are.

I am going to get off my soap box now!

thanks again guys

HD

Happy 500th Post Milestone, HD! :D

yah I just realized that too. wow 500.
I have been on this website too long.

hd

As far as a slogan goes, one comes to mind. It is from Mighty Ducks. When one of the kids was asked if he likes losing, he replies, "At first it sucks, but after a while you get used to it." Classic line... :laugh:

Does anyone know if schools just start rejecting people as they review apps, or do they wait for December 1st?

Judging from the other posts on this thread some schools do start declining applicants as soon as they first open their file.

Unfortunately, I'm also in this group. I have received rejection letters from Iowa and Missouri Kansas City. I really don't know why I even applied to Missouri, I'm an Idaho resident. I guess I was smoking something stronger than my normal stuff the night I clicked enter to apply.

smitty1 said:
Unfortunately, I'm also in this group. I have received rejection letters from Iowa and Missouri Kansas City. I really don't know why I even applied to Missouri, I'm an Idaho resident. I guess I was smoking something stronger than my normal stuff the night I clicked enter to apply.

I got canned from colorado, "...we expect 0-3 non-residents in our class..." sigh... :mad:
UK sent me some weird letter: "...while there is some interest in your application, however, we would like to make further comparison to other other applicants..." i mean, what was that? :confused:

anyway, this is the best clan

people, we just need one acceptance each, and we're set. Lets just all hang in there. This month has been the most stressful month of my life; i think. Secondaries, Rejections; 50 dollar checks; Rejections. I spend one whole day writing a freakin' secondary essay and filling out all those ****ty forms, and 3 days later I get a rejection. I think we can do this.

add Kentucky to my list

title 1001 ways to call someone a loser

1.while there is some interest in your application, however, we would like to make further comparison to other other applicants..." i mean, what was that

Hd

feeling good about this upcoming election.

2. In our review of your data recieved from AADSAS, we have decided that your academic background is not competitive at Loma Linda University. In the interest of saving your further application fees and paperwork, we are not sending you a LLU supplementary application. If you have questions, please do not hesitate to visit our website.

3. Your application materials form the American Dental Education Association have been reviewed, and the admissions comittee has chosen to defer your appication.

4. This year we will be accepting 50 students into the entering class of 2005. We anticipate that approximately 28-30 students will be selected from the applicant pool of legal residents of Colorado, 16-18 from students eligable to participate in their WICHE program, and 0-3 from students outside of Colorado and the WICHE program.

5. Unfortunately, we cannot offer you an opportunity to interview at this point in time. If you believe you ca sifficiently strengthen your application prior to December 1, 2004, please do so and send us an update. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

6. Thank you for your application to the Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health. At this time your application has been placed on hold and will not be forwarded to the Program Chair for further consideration. .....................................................................................................................We Thank you for applying to the Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health. :D

i applaud your bravery for posting those horrible letters. i dont know if i would hvae the nuts to do it. just be a PA, good salary, 2 less years of school

UMDeeMan said:
i applaud your bravery for posting those horrible letters. i dont know if i would hvae the nuts to do it. just be a PA, good salary, 2 less years of school

haha, thanks ! the weird thing though is that i'm so confident I'm getting into dental school this cycle. All these letters I have posted are from schools who just cut me off and didn't look at my app. i'm a sub 3, but my ECs, LORS, and shadowing are way above average.

okay, I know i'm just trying to be optimistic here, but yeah, i hope it goes well...

Just heard from Ohio State with the typical Out-of-state form letter rejection. At least they
had the decency to send it BEFORE asking for their secondary app fee!