Regrets

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
roach said:
i made the mistake of asking two residents about good places to grab a beer after the interview. it was an awkward moment in the elevator- one stared at me, speechless, while the other was in deep thought for a moment. he then said, "the people i know that drink like to go to..." the people i know that drink??? :eek: i was worried that they were mormon or something and that i had offended them. luckily wasn't my #1 program.

WOW!!! I sometimes wonder where these people come from??? Not that they have to drink, but don't be so closed-minded... :confused:
I actually ran into a resident in the liquor store the night before my interview at one of my top schools....we laughed and he said that I'd fit in very nicely. He also called the PD the next morning to put in a good word for me.. :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

doc4nsix said:
I actually ran into a resident in the liquor store the night before my interview at one of my top schools....we laughed and he said that I'd fit in very nicely. He also called the PD the next morning to put in a good word for me.. :cool:

Nice. I remember the night of my MGH interview. My friend, a PGY-1 there, and I meet up with a PGY-2(?) for drinks at a bar. Then after that we decide that we haven't had enough to drink. So we stop by this sketchy liquor store joint and pick up a 24 pack of either the Silver Bullet or Bud Light. Now that is truly first class right there :thumbup: :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
AndyMilonakis said:
Nice. I remember the night of my MGH interview. My friend, a PGY-1 there, and I meet up with a PGY-2(?) for drinks at a bar. Then after that we decide that we haven't had enough to drink. So we stop by this sketchy liquor store joint and pick up a 24 pack of either the Silver Bullet or Bud Light. Now that is truly first class right there :thumbup: :laugh:

A store 24, a Hickory Farms, or a Li'l Peach? :laugh:

yaah said:
A store 24, a Hickory Farms, or a Li'l Peach? :laugh:
Dude, I have no idea! :laugh:

It was some dive, sketchy liquor store that sold stuff by the case.