Regarding Temple and the Boards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MaxL221

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard rumors that if you do not pass the first part of the boards on the first try Temple drops you from their program. Can anyone verify this?

Members don't see this ad.

MaxL221 said:
I heard rumors that if you do not pass the first part of the boards on the first try Temple drops you from their program. Can anyone verify this?

That would be an easy way to get 100%. I am interested at hearing that answer.

I have not heard this and I doubt that it is true. DMU has traditional had the highest pass rate and it varies from year to year but is not 100% every time. So I doubt that TUSPM would kick out that many students each year.

I know at CPMS and NYCPM that you must pass part I of the boards to advance into your 4th year. I know that Dr. Yoho was going to take that to the council of deans and try to have universal ruling. I'm not sure if that has passed. But in a recent conversation with a clinician here we discussed how some schools pass students that can never practice podiatric medicine b/c they are not able to pass part I of the boards. Even if you passed II and III you need part I to be licensed.

Members don't see this ad :)
MaxL221 said:

It's false just spoke to Temple about it.

Dr_Feelgood said:
I have not heard this and I doubt that it is true. DMU has traditional had the highest pass rate and it varies from year to year but is not 100% every time. So I doubt that TUSPM would kick out that many students each year.

I know at CPMS and NYCPM that you must pass part I of the boards to advance into your 4th year. I know that Dr. Yoho was going to take that to the council of deans and try to have universal ruling. I'm not sure if that has passed. But in a recent conversation with a clinician here we discussed how some schools pass students that can never practice podiatric medicine b/c they are not able to pass part I of the boards. Even if you passed II and III you need part I to be licensed.

I think but i'm not 100 percent positive that the CPME has enforced a new rule that forces schools to not advance students into the 4th year without passing part I.

OCPM has recently enforced that ruling a few years ago but before then, it used to be a circus show.