Reflex Hammer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Weinberg Angle

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
Not sure where to order (and I'm PMR trained at the WFMC) but we used these:

Troemner No 37041 ($135)
L - 24cm, W - 9 cm, wt 130g
Large bumper diameter - 200mm
small bumper diameter - 70mm

kind of pricey, but the best I've used anywhere

I agree with the utility of a Troemner hammer. While you can spend over $100 on one, i picked one up on Amazon for $25 that has excellent balance and heft and has held up for over 2 years. If interested search MDF® Trömner Hammer - Light (AKA Troemner) on Amazon.
I also advise checking with your upper levels before investing in a >$100 hammer as some programs give you a hammer at some point during your training.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen an internist carrying anything but a Taylor "tomahawk" hammer. As long as you don't EVER try to use the side of your stethoscope, you will be fine.

Ditto. Any internist who is interested in ordering a Tromner hammer is way ahead of the game in my book. Honestly, if you aren't planning on carrying it around with you, the Queen's Square is my favorite. You can also get the pedi version if you want it to be more portable; it works almost as well.

The Babinski hammer is very similar to the Queen's Square, but the handle is non-flexible. A telescoping Babinski can be useful and portable, although I hate the joint at the head.