Recruiting CPLEE study group (Jan/Feb 2022)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

txc7458

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow CPLEE test takers, I am trying to form a CPLEE study group and here's where I'm coming from:

I just took my CPLEE exam about a week ago and failed by 2 pts (I scored 55). I studied Psychprep and AATBS and my scores on the mock exams were all good (over 80%). I didn't expect this outcome but I am trying to stay positive and focus on what I can do. Now that I have exposure to the practice questions from both Psychprep and AATBS, I don't have any more new practice Qs to work on. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

In the meantime, as a solution, I thought of forming a study group where each of the study group members can create 5 practice questions daily or weekly to share with one another. I think it'd be a great way to master the materials and to be prepared for the exam. What do you think? I plan to dissect the Psychprep study materials, audio files, etc. & whatever I can do more to pass this exam next time.

If there's anyone who's interested in joining this study group (one of the requirements would be to regularly generate five practice questions), please email me at [email protected].

Look forward to hearing from you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello fellow CPLEE test takers, I am trying to form a CPLEE study group and here's where I'm coming from:

I just took my CPLEE exam about a week ago and failed by 2 pts (I scored 55). I studied Psychprep and AATBS and my scores on the mock exams were all good (over 80%). I didn't expect this outcome but I am trying to stay positive and focus on what I can do. Now that I have exposure to the practice questions from both Psychprep and AATBS, I don't have any more new practice Qs to work on. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

In the meantime, as a solution, I thought of forming a study group where each of the study group members can create 5 practice questions daily or weekly to share with one another. I think it'd be a great way to master the materials and to be prepared for the exam. What do you think? I plan to dissect the Psychprep study materials, audio files, etc. & whatever I can do more to pass this exam next time.

If there's anyone who's interested in joining this study group (one of the requirements would be to regularly generate five practice questions), please email me at [email protected].

Look forward to hearing from you!!
I wrote out the test questions in depth and broke it down into my own study guide using PsychPrep. I especially focused on those questions that I was getting wrong and wrote it all out in my own language. I also wrote out the information in the breakdown of answers that gave further information about the others answers that were wrong. I gleaned a lot of info from reading the explanation from each test question. I would then study my own study guide for 3 days and then retake each exam (e.g. the workshop questions, bonus questions, test 1 and 2). So if you still have any of those test questions with the breakdowns, this could be a way to learn the info in a different way. Did you find the audio helpful with Psychprep? I didn't happen to, so I just did all reading as studying.

I also used this website to just help drill in definitions and points: Brainscape: The Best Flashcards App | Make Flashcards Online
These flashcards were helpful because it made me do effortful recall and I did it before bed or on break at work.

I really realized that I needed to stop overthinking the questions and making assumptions. When my brain would lead somewhere I would ask myself "Is this even mentioned in the question?" and it often wasn't. I just focused on what was given without making any further extrapalations and that really helped me narrow it down better. Some answers seemed right but then I would go back to the question and realized that it wasn't even asking about the answer I kept considering.

Just a few tips that I hope are maybe a little helpful. I think a study group is a great idea and I hope some see this!

I wrote out the test questions in depth and broke it down into my own study guide using PsychPrep. I especially focused on those questions that I was getting wrong and wrote it all out in my own language. I also wrote out the information in the breakdown of answers that gave further information about the others answers that were wrong. I gleaned a lot of info from reading the explanation from each test question. I would then study my own study guide for 3 days and then retake each exam (e.g. the workshop questions, bonus questions, test 1 and 2). So if you still have any of those test questions with the breakdowns, this could be a way to learn the info in a different way. Did you find the audio helpful with Psychprep? I didn't happen to, so I just did all reading as studying.

I also used this website to just help drill in definitions and points: Brainscape: The Best Flashcards App | Make Flashcards Online
These flashcards were helpful because it made me do effortful recall and I did it before bed or on break at work.

I really realized that I needed to stop overthinking the questions and making assumptions. When my brain would lead somewhere I would ask myself "Is this even mentioned in the question?" and it often wasn't. I just focused on what was given without making any further extrapalations and that really helped me narrow it down better. Some answers seemed right but then I would go back to the question and realized that it wasn't even asking about the answer I kept considering.

Just a few tips that I hope are maybe a little helpful. I think a study group is a great idea and I hope some see this!
Thank you so much for your helpful tips!!!