Recommended endocrine resources (books) for fellowship rotation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WavesMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I was wondering if there someone has some recommentations for resources (books, site, etc.) for endocrine fellowship. In addition, any recommendation for endocrine board review would be really appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!

I was wondering if there someone has some recommentations for resources (books, site, etc.) for endocrine fellowship. In addition, any recommendation for endocrine board review would be really appreciated.
ESAP is the standard for board review...the Endo society's EBR/CEU is held yearly in sept and i really like the format...question/answer with explanations...they use a clicker system and you get a report that shows your strength and weaknesses. AACE sponsors the CCF annual review held in Cle. NIH does one as well, but its 5 days and pretty in-depth.

as for sources for rotation...endocrine secrets is nice basic info that is easy to read...then up to date while on the rotation to read on the case you see.

Reactions: 1 user
ESAP comes out every year and is the gold standard review bank, though for the years you're actually in fellowship it might not be worth as much: It's the 90 ITE questions from that year plus only 30 new ones. As a fellow, we got the ITE questions+explanations back, so I didn't bother buying the qbank for 2017.

AACE comes out with ASAP for another qbank every five years or so. I hadn't heard much about it, but it just came out again last month and it was only like $125 as a fellow member, so I bought it. Unlike ESAP (120 questions a year), it's 300-something questions. I haven't used it yet.

Endocrine university is a conference every year for graduating fellows that I think 90% of people go to in March. I'll be there in a couple weeks. Have heard good things.

I've also heard good things about EBR, the cleveland clinic board review, and there's one in Boston as well every year I haven't heard too much about.

I own a copy of Endocrine Secrets but have never actually read any of it. I also own a copy of Williams textbook and have attempted to crack it open once (and fell asleep soon thereafter).

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
ESAP comes out every year and is the gold standard review bank, though for the years you're actually in fellowship it might not be worth as much: It's the 90 ITE questions from that year plus only 30 new ones. As a fellow, we got the ITE questions+explanations back, so I didn't bother buying the qbank for 2017.

AACE comes out with ASAP for another qbank every five years or so. I hadn't heard much about it, but it just came out again last month and it was only like $125 as a fellow member, so I bought it. Unlike ESAP (120 questions a year), it's 300-something questions. I haven't used it yet.

Endocrine university is a conference every year for graduating fellows that I think 90% of people go to in March. I'll be there in a couple weeks. Have heard good things.

I've also heard good things about EBR, the cleveland clinic board review, and there's one in Boston as well every year I haven't heard too much about.

I own a copy of Endocrine Secrets but have never actually read any of it. I also own a copy of Williams textbook and have attempted to crack it open once (and fell asleep soon thereafter).
Actually read endocrine secrets at the start of board study and found it helpful!

ASAP is brand new so unfortunately wasn’t able to use it so not sure how it compares to the test...I really don’t think the ESAP questions are similar but it’s really all there is out there.

Reactions: 1 user