Reciprosity Clarification please!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flower786

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a 5th year pharmacy student in Boston, still have a year to graduate. My husband and I are going to be moving to Baltimore, MD as soon as I graduate.

My question is:

1. Will my 1500 hours (1000hrs from school rotations + 500 hours of outside internship) be accepted by the BOP in MD?
2. Should I take the NAPLEX and MJE in Massachusetts or MD? How can I take it once so it counts for both states should we decide to later move to MA. How does reciprosity work?

Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I am a 5th year pharmacy student in Boston, still have a year to graduate. My husband and I are going to be moving to Baltimore, MD as soon as I graduate.

My question is:

1. Will my 1500 hours (1000hrs from school rotations + 500 hours of outside internship) be accepted by the BOP in MD?
2. Should I take the NAPLEX and MJE in Massachusetts or MD? How can I take it once so it counts for both states should we decide to later move to MA. How does reciprosity work?

Thank you so much!
Go to the Maryland BOP website here: http://dhmh.maryland.gov/pharmacyboard/forms/pharmacist.htm and there should be links with information on the left side of the page. I believe your hours will count, but double check.

You can take the NAPLEX once and have it count for both states, but you will need to take the MPJE for both states if you want to be licensed in both right away. When you register for the NAPLEX, you can select score transfer and have your score sent to more than one state. You also would have to register for both states' MPJE. You also have to send in an application to both states. This does cost extra money. If you aren't going to move any time soon, you can reciprocate when you need the second license. You will still have to take the MPJE for that state, but you can wait until you need to. There are requirements for how early you can reciprocate after becoming licensed, but I think the requirements might vary by state.