USMLE Recent Step 2 CK takers - Any tips would be appreciated!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

J ROD

Watch my TAN walk!!
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have heard the stems are longer and I am preparing for that. Any other tips?

Uworld seems to fairly straightforward and I hear the real deal is not.

Would love to hear some suggestions from folks that did well or did better than they thought and what they used or did.

I have used Step up to Med and MTB 3 for all sections besides IM.

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't think the stems were that much longer.

UW was very good prep for the real deal.

The best thing you can do is UW+NBME practice tests.

I used SUTM during IM clerkship. MTB2 for review.

My step 1: 220, step2ck: 264. I improved a lot which i attribute to doing well during 3rd year. Really though, if you prepare well with UW and practice tests, you'll be fine. It's more straightforward and easier than step 1 in my opinion. Good luck!

I didn't think the stems were that much longer.

UW was very good prep for the real deal.

The best thing you can do is UW+NBME practice tests.

I used SUTM during IM clerkship. MTB2 for review.

My step 1: 220, step2ck: 264. I improved a lot which i attribute to doing well during 3rd year. Really though, if you prepare well with UW and practice tests, you'll be fine. It's more straightforward and easier than step 1 in my opinion. Good luck!

Did you notice any correlation between the difficulty of the CMS questions & the real deal/NBME's?

Also, congrats on the awesome CK score!

Members don't see this ad :)
I take this beast in 6 weeks, did uWorld during 3rd year (avg. 65% timed, system based) + MTB2, took NBME 6 as a baseline scored 227 (I found it relatively easy, and heard it over-predicts). I am aiming for a 250+. Should another uWorld round (random,timed) + CMS + NBMEs + uWA be enough for my goal ?

Took the exam 3 weeks ago, so I can't tell about the results yet.
My issue during the test was time, in block 2 I missed 4 questions. And I consumed all my break time.
It was long but not too hard I think, if you go over UW at least twice you should be fine.
I took NBME on June and had 219. So decided to postpone the exam(medical condition, can't study for more than 2h)
I will let you know the results soon