Reasons for choosing CECS Dartmouth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abandoned_self

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am foreign medical graduate and have recently been accepted at CECS Dartmouth.

Given the fact that it's an expensive course , not ranked (though accredited by CEPH) , with minimal scolarship grants and located at a place that doesn't allow much scope for any networking ....why do people join it ? :confused: or in other words what are the merits of the course ?

Are there any CECS student here at SDN ? If there are , then I'd like to know their reasons for choosing CECS ..and what were the other schools that they were accepted at ?

Members don't see this ad.

abandoned_self said:
I am foreign medical graduate and have recently been accepted at CECS Dartmouth.

Given the fact that it's an expensive course , not ranked (though accredited by CEPH) , with minimal scolarship grants and located at a place that doesn't allow much scope for any networking ....why do people join it ? :confused: or in other words what are the merits of the course ?

Are there any CECS student here at SDN ? If there are , then I'd like to know their reasons for choosing CECS ..and what were the other schools that they were accepted at ?

I applied and got accepted too, my guess is most people just like to say they went to an ivy league school, and the fact that it is 9 months makes it fairly affordable.

My good friend is in the program and hates it... believes that it is disjointed and unorganized without a common theme that runs throughout... the only benefit is the dartmouth brand... networking is hit or miss alegedly... i was definately told that i should not apply...