Rearview mirror: The match is behind us, cure your matchitis here!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've got nothing against Oprah...in fact, Oprah if you post on SDN call me. Sallie Mae and her wicked step sisters are banging on my front door and I need help. But since H24G is going to the west coast she can't forget about snoop. I don't think there's been a truce to the "east coast west coast war" and I like H24G so she's best going with Snoop. Although I don't think anyone on the west coast is hostile to Oprah so she's OK.

Members don't see this ad.

I have a problem with Oprah's new show. The one where they find ways to give gifts to people. Why did she choose a 4th yr med student who was going into plastics as a needy person? Someone else was way more deserving.

I have a problem with Oprah's new show. The one where they find ways to give gifts to people. Why did she choose a 4th yr med student who was going into plastics as a needy person? Someone else was way more deserving.

Someone going into plastics got help from Oprah :eek:

This guy needs help too

images-6.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Someone going into plastics got help from Oprah :eek:

This guy needs help too

images-6.jpg

Exactly. I watched the first episode of that reality show she is doing and was quite disappointed that he was on there, just as needy as the homeless person is the way it was portrayed.

ugh. is it 2am yet?

ugh. is it 2am yet?

:smuggrin: I hope not...if it were, I'd be really far behind.

I finally started working questions for boards...I think the first set I did was the beginner's luck...will only go downhill I'm sure.

Exactly. I watched the first episode of that reality show she is doing and was quite disappointed that he was on there, just as needy as the homeless person is the way it was portrayed.

I feel as needy as a homeless person, with my house, my cable television, and my homecooked mexican meal. That's how homeless people roll right?

I've got nothing against Oprah...in fact, Oprah if you post on SDN call me. Sallie Mae and her wicked step sisters are banging on my front door and I need help. But since H24G is going to the west coast she can't forget about snoop. I don't think there's been a truce to the "east coast west coast war" and I like H24G so she's best going with Snoop. Although I don't think anyone on the west coast is hostile to Oprah so she's OK.

:lol: :lol: See, sleepymed, I told you they couldn't tell 'em apart :smuggrin:

As I was explaining to sleepymed, I generally try to pick someone I try to emulate in some fashion for an avatar. Snoop was my pathetic attempt to match in LA. :p

I like Snoop, but he isn't exactly a pinnacle of black intellectual society...

I chose Angelina Jolie a while back for her charity work, not because she's beautiful

Lauren Hill always tells a positive message in her music

Members don't see this ad :)
And I think that whether or not you support Barack Obama, you must acknowledge that his wife is an intelligent, accomplished individual. Thus, no one should perceive my use of her avatar as a political endorsement.

I sadly thought it was her at first (obama's wife), but then the talk about oprah started, so I assumed I was wrong. I should stop doing that :)

And I think that whether or not you support Barack Obama, you must acknowledge that his wife is an intelligent, accomplished individual. Thus, no one should perceive my use of her avatar as a political endorsement.

Ah, but then there's your sig...personally, I plan to write-in Snoop Dogg for president!

Ah, but then there's your sig...personally, I plan to write-in Snoop Dogg for president!

If certain people are up for president, I have a feeling it's going to come down to the lesser of 2 evils. But that's my view on politics.

If Snoop is a lesser of 2 evils I will write him in as well.

The sig? Oh, just a really inspirational quote I found somewhere....:smuggrin:

Just because someone says inspirational things, of course, is no reason to vote for him or her....

If certain people are up for president, I have a feeling it's going to come down to the lesser of 2 evils. But that's my view on politics.

I think that is a lot of conservatives' view on politics right now :smuggrin:

whaaaaaaaaa? there are pictures?

Does anyone here know what the "average" / "okay" score for COMLEX is? Don't have my papers with me right now and it's bugging me.

the average seems to consistently sit around 500. However what qualifies as a good score I'm not really sure. I would surmise anything within the neighborhood of 600.

So, as evidence of the market, I got my realtor packet in the mail before I got my residency packet.

I'm with you.

Although, we could do the preschool thing.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours. Or something like that.

or you could get away with not showing her yours if you go to the website where she matched...

I took my residency name off to be incognito, but now I feel naked without it :(

I took my residency name off to be incognito, but now I feel naked without it :(

tired of being jealous of enFuego.... although, I think he has the wrong start date :smuggrin:

My film background and some photoshop. :D So are you. :D

My film background and some photoshop. :D So are you. :D

oooooooh, photoshop! I should send them a new pic where me face isn't so shiny :smuggrin:

I should wash my hair...

Roja - when you get to UCSF, start whining about how they really need an EM- immunologist on faculty to do translational research

Roja - when you get to UCSF, start whining about how they really need an EM- immunologist on faculty to do translational research

By the time I apply for a position 3 years from now, they'll be broken in :smuggrin:

send it my girl. I am a photoshop wiz. :D

Wait. Wait. you do translational research? *sigh* why aren't you at UCSF with me? I say translational research and most people just look at me all confused.

and we could talk immuno. I was goign to be a peds rheum all through med school.

Why aren't you at UCSF.

send it my girl. I am a photoshop wiz. :D

Good enough to fix remnants of Bell's palsy eye? My new year's eve pics all look like I was totally drunk when I was fairly sober because of my one eye. Oh well, gotta have something to ruin a picture.

tired of being jealous of enFuego.... although, I think he has the wrong start date :smuggrin:

I rounded up on the start date. Come on H24G don't be shy...you're like Halle Berry with an MD, PhD ;)

Wait. Wait. you do translational research? *sigh* why aren't you at UCSF with me? I say translational research and most people just look at me all confused.

and we could talk immuno. I was goign to be a peds rheum all through med school.

Why aren't you at UCSF.

haha, I matched at my #1, that's why (and who knows how high they ranked me, with all those superstars they matched). I loved UCSF! I'm just too poor to finance living in SF for 4 yrs, and there weren't any faculty that could mentor me yet. Although starting in a new program is definitely my cup of tea. My new fantasy is to get a job there....:love:

And you do knowledge translation stuff, right? I plan to be more into T1 than T2, but I really dig the idea of all translational stuff. It is just critical!!!

I rounded up on the start date. Come on H24G don't be shy...you're like Halle Berry with an MD, PhD ;)

let's see....
halle_berry.jpg
yeah right!!!!! :lol:

p.s. plastic surgery or picture alteration?

halle-berry-peoples-choice.jpg