Rearview mirror: The match is behind us, cure your matchitis here!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Seriously, I was at a BestBuy a year ago and picked one up, walked around with it for 30 minutes, and put it back down. There were 3 of them sitting there. No line, no fights. Now you can't find them at all.

Seriously, I was at a BestBuy a year ago and picked one up, walked around with it for 30 minutes, and put it back down. There were 3 of them sitting there. No line, no fights. Now you can't find them at all.

weird...maybe they are hoping for the supply and demand thing to keep the costs up

Members don't see this ad :)
There is a bar here that has Guitar Hero II set up for people to play. Apparently it works better than karaoke.

ECU_flag.gif

There is a bar here that has Guitar Hero II set up for people to play. Apparently it works better than karaoke.

haha...I'd hate to think how much money we spent on photohunt

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymx8z_ydOeU[/YOUTUBE]

get 10 drunk people gathered around one of these screens, it's always entertaining.

then again guitar hero could fascinate a whole bar...

h24g....how did you get privileges to lock threads?

Only do adult photo hunt. DAMN YOU MEGATOUCH!!!!

There's another kind? hahaha....a friend and I were playing one time and my grade school gym teacher came up behind us and started laughing because he saw what we were playing...

and yes, I was over 21 at the time...

Hopefully, or there wouldn't be a reason to be at the bar.
I never understood why people went to bars when they couldn't drink (other than to be DD). Seriously, what fun is there to be had other than watching drunk people dance, fall, or try to hit on girls?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully, or there wouldn't be a reason to be at the bar.
I never understood why people went to bars when they couldn't drink (other than to be DD). Seriously, what fun is there to be had other than watching drunk people dance, fall, or try to hit on girls?

haha...exactly...if we all can't get drunk out, we stay in and drink.

awww... did I miss out on all the fun rock band and wii talk?

rock band is my favorite of the two. I like being able to sing and play at the same time. Makes it more interesting.

Oh, well, I need to get in bed anyways. Long day of eating and hunting for hidden eggs filled with chocolate tomorrow :D

Happy Easter everyone! And good night :sleep:

You can lock a thread that you created, at least if you're a donor. Maybe everyone can.

yup, only 20 bucks to be a donor (I think), and you can close your own threads. Of course, the real reason I donate is because of the benefits I get from SDN. :D

merry easter!

looking for places to live in philly. all the different neighborhoods are confusing. so are the pictures of what they call "backyards" :laugh::laugh::laugh:

looking for places to live in philly. all the different neighborhoods are confusing. so are the pictures of what they call "backyards" :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I remember looking for that when I lived in Boston for two years...good thing my school has dorms...

Seriously. It really cracks me up as to what people call backyards in the city after living kind of... rural life I guess for so long. Its depressing.

Seriously. It really cracks me up as to what people call backyards in the city after living kind of... rural life I guess for so long. Its depressing.

exactly! they're selling postage stamp-sized squares of concrete as backyards, but my cats will know better. we're from a big city, but are used to a little more than that.

did you live in one of those million dollar apartments surrounding it? that would rule!

The benefit of having parents (to be fair, I haven't lived in the city since Middle School, so "I" wasn't living in the city as much as my parents were).
But yes, living on Central Park is cool...

socute found dodgeball on the SAEM schedule

socute found dodgeball on the SAEM schedule

It is hard for me to reconcile the cute pic of the dog on her avatar with the smack she's been talking about the ball-dodging abilities

On the flip side, we do have some promising leads, and like the area. Remember, a 30 minute commute in Eastern NC is 30 miles, in LA, its 30 feet.

That's no lie..I used to live in LA.

It is hard for me to reconcile the cute pic of the dog on her avatar with the smack she's been talking about the ball-dodging abilities

Personally, I am afraid that she is capable of anything.

Someone at SAEM has a sense of humor. I like it.

Dr. Dukes, what middle school did ya go to in the city? (I lived there through h.s. but a few blocks from the park, so there might be some zoning overlap)

After lurking since I was a pre-med, I think I feel far enough along (I'm about to start my rotations...my school has a weird schedule) to start posting on the EM forums. So hi, everyone! I'm looking forward to this whole new crazy phase of life...and I'm armed with a copy of the PIMP Protector. :)

Also, dodgeball at SAEM?? Seriously? I was debating whether or not to go as a 2nd year but that might push it over the edge...

I'm having issues looking for places to live too, but kinda the opposite (I'm going more rural from more of a big city). All the graduating residents seem to be listing their houses, but it's just me and I'm not even vaguely handy (managed to set a stove on fire once), so I'm not too big into houses. I've found a couple nice apartments/townhouses, but they are huge (I know I really shouldn't complain). I'm pretty much planning on whatever fits in my car comes with me approach to moving. So hopefully, I can find some cheap used furniture from graduating residents. If all else fails Ikea.

Anyone know this one?

If you get in an AOA residency, not ACGME approved, can you still sit in on the allopathic boards?

Or is the licensing the same for both?

Let me know if you need help...bf lives there right now...knows which neighborhoods are sketchy (at least some of them).

exactly! they're selling postage stamp-sized squares of concrete as backyards, but my cats will know better. we're from a big city, but are used to a little more than that.

haha...I thought my backyard was regular-sized growing up until someone from a city came to my house and was fascinated at how "HUGE" it was. I laughed at her, but I now see what she meant. Then again, takes lots less time to mow the lawn.

I'm having issues looking for places to live too, but kinda the opposite (I'm going more rural from more of a big city). All the graduating residents seem to be listing their houses, but it's just me and I'm not even vaguely handy (managed to set a stove on fire once), so I'm not too big into houses. I've found a couple nice apartments/townhouses, but they are huge (I know I really shouldn't complain). I'm pretty much planning on whatever fits in my car comes with me approach to moving. So hopefully, I can find some cheap used furniture from graduating residents. If all else fails Ikea.

I'm moving to a bigger apt and bringing my car and going to Ikea.

Dr. Dukes, what middle school did ya go to in the city? (I lived there through h.s. but a few blocks from the park, so there might be some zoning overlap)

After lurking since I was a pre-med, I think I feel far enough along (I'm about to start my rotations...my school has a weird schedule) to start posting on the EM forums. So hi, everyone! I'm looking forward to this whole new crazy phase of life...and I'm armed with a copy of the PIMP Protector. :)

Also, dodgeball at SAEM?? Seriously? I was debating whether or not to go as a 2nd year but that might push it over the edge...

:hello:

you could find another resident to live with in a house! by luck one of my classmates got an IM spot at another place in philly, and agreed to move in with us so we can all get a nice 3 bedroom house. the best part is that she's OCD whereas i'm a complete slob so we know she'll keep the place from looking like one of those local news stories where they condemn a property because of "packrat" conditions.

ikea is gold, pure gold! except when they have plastic legs on dressers. :thumbdown:

Let me know if you need help...bf lives there right now...knows which neighborhoods are sketchy (at least some of them).

any help with neighborhoods is helpful. we're actually looking in the manayunk or mount airy neightborrhoods right now, and might even go into conshi if we find the right place. being that both the husband and i have grown up in long beach, we kind of like being just outside the city.