Rearview Mirror: Oh God it's JULY!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

So, does this name work

• No, you're lame

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • Yeah, that dog will hunt

Votes: 33 70.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted109597

This name work?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
So is this just a poll about what the new thread title should be, or is this the new thread itself? :confused:

Back from Costa Rica with the girlfriend. Great trip. I'm a little darker/burned, and broke, but it was a great trip.

Had a bat scare the first night. Came back from dinner and there was a bat in the room. We weren't sure whether it was in the room before while we slept since we never saw it come in. Talked to a bunch of people about needing PEP for rabies, but rabies isn't endemic according to the ministry of health.

My gf and I got to meet Vince Vaughn at the Costa Rica airport as we were leaving and got to chat with him for a few minutes. Real cool guy in person.

One week till graduation, finally!

this is the thread itself.... i think

the old thread was closed...

I played volleyball today/tonight for the first time in a long time. I wish the sun was out, I probably would have gotten a little tan :(

My girlfriend is getting drunk at a Memorial Day party whilst I watch Cast Away on TBS for the second time tonight and cruise SDN. Boo-ya.

Had a decent party tonight.

Pretty sure I broke my ankle last week. It is starting to bruise badly now. Damn Memorial Day hours and no offices open. THIS IS NOT AN EMERGENCY, I REFUSE TO GO TO THE ED.

Pretty sure I broke my ankle last week. It is starting to bruise badly now. Damn Memorial Day hours and no offices open. THIS IS NOT AN EMERGENCY, I REFUSE TO GO TO THE ED.

hahaha...more of an emergency than most visits! :smuggrin: But really, I hope it's not broken.

I think holiday weekends are an invitation for me to get some type of injury that I refuse to admit to (mostly cause I was sober and stupid/clumsy). Good thing it's usually not too critical (no dr attention needed IMO).

Members don't see this ad :)
Enjoying my new city, the downside is, I don't know anyone yet. Is it bad to drink alone in a new city on a holiday.:laugh:

You should probably call 911 and tell them you are short of breath, oh ya and my ankles hurts too.

Go to urgent care and get an x ray on your ankle. itll give you peace of mind.

Nah, CP in a young male gets no love. Let them know that you hurt your ankle and have just been on a long flight back to Hawaii, that'll set off the PE workup.

So much to do in so little time between graduation and getting ready to move. All while trying to have some good quality time with my girlfriend before things become "long distance." :(

Nah, CP in a young male gets no love. Let them know that you hurt your ankle and have just been on a long flight back to Hawaii, that'll set off the PE workup.

Don't forget to mention that you are a 2ppd smoker and use BC cause your a tranny.

Don't forget to mention that you are a 2ppd smoker and use BC cause your a tranny.

Jesus. Starting drinking early did we?

I'll probably wander over to the FP clinic to get a practice X-ray for the new technician, you know, because that way it don't cost nothin'.
I would post pictures, but that would constitute asking for medical advice or something.

Jesus. Starting drinking early did we?

I'll probably wander over to the FP clinic to get a practice X-ray for the new technician, you know, because that way it don't cost nothin'.
I would post pictures, but that would constitute asking for medical advice or something.

Sorry, I got a little carried away.:laugh:

Well, we can always change it.

Rearview Mirror: Oh Goodness It's June and SoCute has boards!!!

How about this:
Rearview Mirror: Dear Goljan, the 2nd years want to have your love children

I've had so much Goljan that I feel like :barf:ing

Catching up with season finales as I pack.

Lost :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Heroes :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
24 :thumbup: (not the greatest season)

I much rather be at the beach!

Also, I think my gf and I are going to get rabies PEP tomorrow, just for piece of mind. There's just no way to know if our bat friend was in the room while we were sleeping, and it's been a source of stress. Might as well get it for piece of mind.

Also, I think my gf and I are going to get rabies PEP tomorrow, just for piece of mind. There's just no way to know if our bat friend was in the room while we were sleeping, and it's been a source of stress. Might as well get it for piece of mind.

It seems like you would have woken up (or least noticed the next day) if you had actually been bitten.

It seems like you would have woken up (or least noticed the next day) if you had actually been bitten.

That's what I thought, but when we did our research, we found that many bat bites go unoticed due to their razor sharp teeth (and unfelt). Also, the WHO rules includes "licking." Had we not read that, we probably would have just dropped it right there. I'm almost positive that we weren't bit.

I haven't seen the 24 season finale yet because of my unexpected trip to Miami and then the wedding I went to this weekend, and I'm not all that excited to watch it. They need to mix things up and get out of L.A.

Right now, I'm watching the Miss Universe pageant in HD (I wish everything was in HD), while listing my old Step I Kaplan books on eBay. Hopefully I'll get at least $200 for them. :thumbup:

When are you moving Will?

Holy crap, Miss USA fell on her a$$ during the evening gown competition! :laugh:

Bat licks? Huh . . . sadly that's a weird fact I'll probably keep with me the rest of my life (unlike all of the intracies of neuroanatomy).

As far as 24 goes, I felt for sure this season would at least start in China . . . oh well.

When are you moving Will?

At some point next week (crazy how it's just about time), although just my stuff. My girlfriend and I are packing this week. We have graduation next monday and will hopefully be on the road by Wednesday. I'm making a pitt stop in Cinci before continuing on and helping my gf move to Boston. I'll probably stay out there until a day or two before orientation starts.

You guys headed out soon?

+pissed+:cry:

SoCute knows what I'm talking about.

Keep your head up. It's the biggest hurdle in medical school. Trust in what you've learned and keep studying hard. It will pay off, even though it's hard to believe until after the fact. Good luck step 1 studiers! :thumbup:

You guys headed out soon?

We move in the friday before orientation. So with all the unpacking, i'll probably be falling asleep by the time we start the VA orientation in the afternoon.

Why yes, yes I do.

OTOH, I broke down and bought USMLEWorld today. Hard, but SO MUCH BETTER than freaking QBank.

Keep your head up. It's the biggest hurdle in medical school. Trust in what you've learned and keep studying hard. It will pay off, even though it's hard to believe until after the fact. Good luck step 1 studiers! :thumbup:

thanks bro

I couldn't do it...although I probably should because I am getting q-bank questions right from simple recongnition of the question (been all the way through it already), probably not the best learning tool at this point. But with a week left, what are you going to do?

When I have a week left, I plan on making sweet sweet love to Rapid Review of Pathology.

BTW - if you register your copy of Goljan's book w/ Student Consult (see scratch off on inside cover) there are 250 questions online. They were $$$ for my path shelf.

Status
Not open for further replies.