Rearview Mirror: Ectopic Must be Dead!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
no, well then

i'll have to take the page myself

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, this thread is just sailin' along!

Could it be that my witty repartee has contributed to the fastest filled thread ever?

Probably has more to do with each of our tendencies to begin a monologue when we realize we are alone.

I always have an internal monologue, so this is quite easy. In fact, I could polish this thread off right now. But I shan't. I must savor this. Who knows the next time I will have the honor or starting a Rearview Mirror thread. I will confine my musings to this one post (or two or so).

Just came back from an overnight shift, went pretty well, I must say. :D

I should go to sleep but I am always so excited after a shift that it takes me a while to calm down.

Today I learned about two dangerous variants of DVT, Phlegmasia alba dolens, and phlegmasia cerula dolens.

phlegmasia alba dolens
is when an occluded dvt leads to venous congestion, but still some drainage, edema, and arterial spasm, leaving the patient with a painful swollen white limb. This condition can progress to phlegmasia cerula dolens

phlegmasia cerula dolens is when a occluded dvt leads to absolutely no venous drainage, leading to a cyanotic limb. This is essentially the beginning of a compartment syndrome, which not only jeapordizes the limb but also the circulatory system, for 15L+ of fluid can get trapped in the limb, leading to shock.

Contrary to simple DVT, these conditions are emergencies and at least IR will be needed to lyse alba dolens, whereas surgery will likely need to be consulted for thrombectomy/fasciotomy :eek: if compartment pressures are elevated in cerula dolens.

Ah, there is simply nothing more decadent than taking a luxurious shower, then sleeping in the daytime. Feels like playing hooky. I love EM :love:

:sleep:

Members don't see this ad :)
<-------------- Sleepy too, but trying to restore daytime circadian rhythm :p

im tired..

Me too. 1 month of nights is hard on the body. Especially when tomorrow is my weekly "we're going to mess with your schedule even more by giving you the night off, which you'll be totally awake during, and expecting you to be on call for 24 hours that begins when you usually go to bed." As of tomorrow, only one more week of ortho.

one of our residents had a family emergency so I volunteered to pick up a shift.. Tack on another night..

Hey, you guys are pathetic! :smuggrin:

ya...getting 2 hours of sleep sunday night/monday (2 -1 hr naps) then sleeping around 5-6 hours the next night does not help. Still tired but have to go study. Darn guilty conscience!!

gotta be here for the closing

At the rate of the last day or two, you will be here for a while.

lets do like emeril and kick it up a notch!

im confident this thing gets shut down today!

maybe you should spend the rest of the thread making suggestions for new titles

like "application stress reliever"

oh ya, iatros, like my new sig?

I should never study with a computer and internet. This is what I end up doing.

Last night my pager didn't go off for 6 hours AND wasn't broken. Weird, hospital was that quiet.
Of course, this morning I noticed 2 people had fevers overnight, so sometimes I don't get paged when I'm supposed to.

So is this a race to see who gets in the last post of the thread?

And by the way, who's name is getting used on the next one? In other words who can we anger? :D

Ooh... I got here just in time... Looks like the race is on:laugh:

socute already proved she wouldn't post, then again...she didn't post much anyway

could do one for the noob...but there have been a few within the past few mos

You could just call it "one for the noob"

As fast as this one went, it should be something of the like: Post padders unite!

Is that like "bad spellers of the world untie?"

Oops... It's coming down to it now...

Welcome to the Unofficial END of this thread... you can stop reading now... the rest is gravy... mmmmmm... gravy.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.