Rearview Mirror: At this point we can't even see the other forums

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
page or sniper?
budda_good_luck.gif

A good luck for those in the match...even though it's a few days away...

Members don't see this ad.

started a fencing class, something i haven't done since before med school! tonight was our second week. i'm the only lefty in the class, so i have to practice with the same volunteer from the advanced group all the time. :(

anyone else ever fenced? (expecting crickets) it's a sport and a nerdy hobby in one!

slow shift, want to sleep

Members don't see this ad :)
Ugh. Still painting. How is it possible that an apt so small can take so much effort to paint!

If I don't get my security deposit back after all of this...:mad:

stopping by to say hi before starting to study. uggh... :sleep:

I had a dream that I witnessed so many shootings that I was shot several times because I saw them. Now I feel more tired than when I fell asleep.

I dreamed about harry potter.

I had a very weird dream, but I don't remember what it was. It certainly was an anxiety dream which I'll write off to upcoming exams, wedding, and now thinking about taking some time off...

In other news, the MD-MBA forum: useless...

I had a very weird dream, but I don't remember what it was. It certainly was an anxiety dream which I'll write off to upcoming exams, wedding, and now thinking about taking some time off...

In other news, the MD-MBA forum: useless...

If you are interested in EM (and since you're here I assume you are), there are a bunch of fellowships that offer an MBA, and probably even more places that would work with you if that's what you wanted.

If you are interested in EM (and since you're here I assume you are), there are a bunch of fellowships that offer an MBA, and probably even more places that would work with you if that's what you wanted.

I know I could (and probably should, and will get yelled at for asking) look this up, but could you tell me where (or what) they are.
I know I wan to teach, and right now I find EMS, Wilderness Med, and (the concept of) Tactical Med interesting.
Thanks!

I know I could (and probably should, and will get yelled at for asking) look this up, but could you tell me where (or what) they are.
I know I wan to teach, and right now I find EMS, Wilderness Med, and (the concept of) Tactical Med interesting.
Thanks!

...and I'd be looking to get the MBA to understand the business world better (The Rape Of Emergency Medicine turned me onto how much medicine is controlled by business) and to get more experience with managerial stuff (I want to teach, so I have to do academic medicine, so I'll have to be a manager in one form or another...).

Thanks!

Thanks!

Don't worry, I'm not one of those "look it up!" people - and the Rearview mirror thread would hardly be the place for that anyway. Off the top of my head, I know you can get an MBA through the fellowship program at Hopkins, and I remember seeing it at a few other places - look up "administration fellowships" on the SAEM site. Also, on the trail it seemed obvious that many places will let you sort of make up your own fellowship as you go.

Members don't see this ad :)
This may seem strange coming from a multi-degree guy, but I think you're probably better off powering through med school straight through if your school doesn't offer the combined degree. MBA's are unique in that there are many programs that allow you to work on them part time, which means you could always go after it while working (during fellowship or beyond). I think the only good reason to elect for time off during med school is research or unique travel experience - these four years are hard enough without dragging them out...

Don't worry, I'm not one of those "look it up!" people - and the Rearview mirror thread would hardly be the place for that anyway. Off the top of my head, I know you can get an MBA through the fellowship program at Hopkins, and I remember seeing it at a few other places - look up "administration fellowships" on the SAEM site. Also, on the trail it seemed obvious that many places will let you sort of make up your own fellowship as you go.

Cool, thanks a lot. One of the things that draws me to EM (besides its shear awesomeness) is that most EPs seem to be pretty cool (as far as I can tell) with people having other interests that are tangentially tied to the practice of Emergency Medicine.
Now the only problem is I would want to do a "real" fellowship if I did one to gain extra clinical skills...but then again, getting a fellowship to pay me and get an MBA out of it, I can deal with that (it'll save me 70-80k).

Cool, thanks a lot. One of the things that draws me to EM (besides its shear awesomeness) is that most EPs seem to be pretty cool (as far as I can tell) with people having other interests that are tangentially tied to the practice of Emergency Medicine.
Now the only problem is I would want to do a "real" fellowship if I did one to gain extra clinical skills...but then again, getting a fellowship to pay me and get an MBA out of it, I can deal with that (it'll save me 70-80k).

I would suggest looking into some of the fellowships/curriculums - many of them contain significant admin experience, you may not feel you even need the MBA. For example, the EMS fellowships I'm familiar with provide a lot of administrative training, since the majority of the fellows will go on to be medical directors of EMS systems. Fellowships in general are meant to increase clinilcal skills, give time/mentorship for research, and train one for administrative duties.

my internets was broken.

OMG why did I just change my ROL???? Should I change it back???? :confused:

So little time to decide! :scared:

Pages 1-9 are complete on the reviews thread.
Only 3.5 more to go.

OMG why did I just change my ROL???? Should I change it back???? :confused:

So little time to decide! :scared:

I was wondering why you hadn't posted your ROL yet. It's because you keep changing it! I have no doubt you'll end up at your number one :luck:

I was wondering why you hadn't posted your ROL yet. It's because you keep changing it! I have no doubt you'll end up at your number one :luck:

Well, my number 1 is pretty competitive, as is my number 2!!! :scared:

No changing it now, what if it turned 9pm right in the middle of the process! :eek:

Well, my number 1 is pretty competitive, as is my number 2!!! :scared:

No changing it now, what if it turned 9pm right in the middle of the process! :eek:

my new #2....

thank god it's 9pm! Now i have to go back to the site and see if it looks any different :D

am I the only person paranoid that no ROL has been registered with nrmp, and i will thus go unmatched?

OMG we can't change it anymore!!! AIEEEE!!!!

am I the only person paranoid that no ROL has been registered with nrmp, and i will thus go unmatched?

no, despite the 4 e-mails i have from NRMP today, 2 of which from the same certification session (got a little clicky), i still checked after 6pm. and it still said certified.

Alea iacta est

- R

I checked back to see if it was still certifed at 3 after. I haven't been this paranoid about something like this since...I could check my MCAT scores online.

no, despite the 4 e-mails i have from NRMP today, 2 of which from the same certification session (got a little clicky), i still checked after 6pm. and it still said certified.

and then I checked after 9pm, and I'm sure I will check tomorrow :rolleyes:

You think you're paranoid?

I've looked at it a dozen times. Today.

I certified last on the 18th. Of January. And yet I've still looked.

and then I checked after 9pm, and I'm sure I will check tomorrow :rolleyes:

dude, i guarantee i will wake up at 3am, frantically run around the house a couple of times half asleep, mumbling about scrambling and will check again. i will also be convinced the cats are the PDs at my #s 1 and 2 respectively and will be begging them to consider me. then they will telepathically tell me to STFU and go back to bed cuz everything will be fine.

back before a short night's sleep and some more studying. I can but can't wait for Friday to come.

Suppose no one is around now.

Now it's showing people are online. Anyone want to pad for the next 15 min? ...then of course it's my bedtime.

And I love it when an anesthesiologist tells you you're good at airway.

Well, gotta soak it up now because when I'm an intern then they'l actually expect me to be good. Now they expect me to be bad and whenever I succeed it's like "wow, he actually just didn't act like a *****"

Wallowa - 3 EM SubI's and 20+ interviews? They should give you credit for half an intern year!! :)

Wallowa - 3 EM SubI's and 20+ interviews? They should give you credit for half an intern year!! :)

4 sub-I's including my home program. Just trying to stack the deck. I know, it's crazy, but it was a blast and now I have friends/aquantences all over!