reapplying after SMP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GiveItAnotherGo

Doing it right this time.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey, i just finished georgetown's program and i didn't get in this year. i started to reapply for next year's class. just wondering if anyone is in this same position. i figure it might be a good idea to post about the application process the year after smp and how it's different from the app process during smp.

in my case, i have my amcas verified and i've gotten a bunch of secondaries. i'm also thinking about taking a job as a lab technician at a hospital. the only thing i'm waiting on for my app is my letter of rec from my smp advisor (go figure). i really hope it doesn't delay my app too much - that would suck big time. anyway, this isn't just for people from georgetown. let's hear from you guys (unless, of course, i'm the only one!) :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

good luck with everything!

if you don't mind me asking, how did you do at gtown and what did you tink of hte program?

hey, no prob. i ended up doing very well in the program, finishing with just under a 3.7. i think the program was great preparation for med school. living in dc was a blast too. i feel like most of the people i was friends with got in. they advertise that about 50-60% of those applying during the smp year get in to med schools, but i would not be surprised if that figure was >60% this year. i'm not sure why things did not work out for me, but i'm very confident about my chances this year.

nice! thanks for the info! if you did really well there i'm sure things will work out for you :cool: