Reapplication Buddies-November!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Bunsen Honeydew said:
Hey guys:

I checked my email once last time before I left work today....and lo and behold, an invite from Stony Brook awaited me!! I am so happy. I was surprised, b/c I'd figured that not much was really happening this week. Very glad to hear from this school, which is a top choice of mine. Just wanted to spread the good vibe. Now more invites for all of us!!

BH

:thumbup: Awesome!

See, I think good vibes are circulating

*adds more good vibes to the pot*

KiKat- when were you complete at Maryland?

Hey doctorsean, this is a great site. I've found so much information here. I would have been totally lost without it.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey BlueMagPie,

I was complete at Maryland about 2 weeks ago. There was a problem with my International status, so it took me a while to get permission to apply...

I really wish I could have done it before! :( But, I'm an Aug. mcater, so I guess it doesn't make much of a difference... :)

I was thinking about sending them a letter of interest, but it might be a little awkward since I haven't been ivited for an interview yet. What do you think?

BlueMagpie said:
Hey all,

I just received my first acceptance Saturday and it's been slowly sinking in all weekend. I can't believe it, especially after all I went through to get here. Everything I've done is worth it.

I feel that I've learned a lot about myself and could have never have gotten through this ridiculous, stressful experience without my SDN family. Good luck to all of you, your continued optimisim and perseverance is truly amazing.

:)

Okay, so I said I wouldn't post again until I got back :laugh: :laugh: ! Forgive me, but you guys are like family and I had to check in and see how things were going. CONGRATULATIONS BlueMagpie :thumbup: :clap: :clap: :clap: I am beginning to lose count of all the acceptances around here. Welcome to any new members( you're always welcome) and congrats BH on the other interview. :thumbup: It seems like we should have a great Thanksgiving. November has definitely been busy and exciting. Let's keep up those positive vibes!!

Peace,
mrsmac

Members don't see this ad :)
KiKat37 said:
I was complete at Maryland about 2 weeks ago. There was a problem with my International status, so it took me a while to get permission to apply...

I would hold off writing them a letter of intent unless you have done something big that you think they really need to know about, being complete for 2 weeks really isn't long. If you know everything in your application is complete then just sit back and enjoy yourself for a little while. :)

Congrats Bluemagpie. Want to sell your UMD acceptance? :D

Or just send some positive vibe my way, so I can at least get an interview for my 3 monthes of waiting.

Congrats BlueMagpie!!!! That's so awesome.

This is a good year for the reapplicaiton buddies. Good luck to the rest of you.

:( Got my Downstate rejection today and Stony Brooks and BU last week. Stony Brooke waited about a day after cashing my check to reject me.

UMDNJ-SOM sent me my license plate frame. I'm just thinking of slapping it on and calling it a day. I just want to have my decision made, so I feel like I could just commit to the school and withdraw everywhere else.

but Downstate and SB are whacked!! Just remember, you already have an acceptance from a great school, plus you have more interviews. I don't get some of these schools, though!! Argh!!

Hang in there,

BH

Thanks BH. Funny I posted above about how you only need one acceptance. I just don't know why Downstate doesn't like me. I even got my M.S. at Brooklyn College where they have a joint BS/MD program. To hell with them. I'm going to be a Jersey girl.

That's the spirit ma-bas!! :) I called Downstate yesterday b/c haven't heard anything, and they were quite rude. They told me that I was still under review and that I'd probably hear shortly via snail mail or email. I'm not holding my breath for an invite, although I'm in-state and should get one, imho! Maybe they just received a lot more apps this year, I don't know.

Hang in there, Jersey girl!

BH

ma-bas,

I know how you feel, I just got rejected from my alma mater and it really upset me. Oh well, I say go for it, and slap that liscense plate frame on your car.