Reapplication Buddies-November!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrsmac

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello there buddies,

I hope this post finds everyone well and stress free :laugh: It is November and I am already tired of waiting. Waiting for....SOMETHING. As October 30, all my schools have stated that my files are complete. So, now the wait begins. I am trying not to become outrageously compulsive about checking the mail and email for interview invites, but is is very difficult. I have now resigned to checking my email only 3x/week. A far cry from 3x/day everyday :D I've spent some time hanging out on the allopathic thread, and many are encouraging us saying that it's still early...and it is...but that doesn't help me sleep any better at night. Perhaps this is the year for all of us, if the Red Sox can win the World Series, then maybe the tides are a'changin' . (Go Red Sox!!)

For all of our members who have been accepted already...you are my heros! For you all who have interviewed/are interviewing...I want to be where you are. For the rest of us waiting...let's keep encouraging each other. Deadlines for schools are fast approaching so maybe ADCOMS will get a move on things shortly. Anyway, I look forward to hearing how things are coming with my buddies, so post away.

Peace,
mrsmac

P.S. Don't forget to VOTE!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I feel your pain. My applications are finally getting done but I am waiting on LOR to get sent out. I am very frustrated about that because I was interviewd at one school at they cannot process my application until they get the letters.

Could be worse. 2 days until the deadline for one of my medschools and my stupid supplementary ap is still pending. Even though i sent it 3 fricking weeks ago!!!!! And I thought applying was stressful the first time!

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope you guys don't mind if I rant for a second. :oops: Its bugs me to no end when people on the pre-allo site implying that getting an interview anytime after Nov 1 dooms you to a waitlist at best. Can someone please tell them to chill and stop freaking out the rest of us? :rolleyes:

So how many of you guys, despite last round's disappointments, still get a little bit excited when checking your mail everyday? It's an addiction! If only there was a 12-step program, we'd all be better off.

Despite how the elections turned out, I am hopeful. I've received 1 interview invite, and should be complete at all 6 schools. It is very frustrating, this waiting, but many schools are just now pulling together apps with August MCAT scores. I know plenty of people who interviewed well after the New Year and were accepted, no problem. It's still early in the game.

So, mrsmac and everyone else who is, like me, waiting on pins and needles, let's chill and keep the faith. Hang in there!!

BH

Hey buddies,

Finally, some good news. I have received my first interview invite! :clap: :wow:I'm going to Nashville on the 29th of this month to interview at Meharry. It's one of my choices because it's very close to my parents. I wish it could be earlier, because interviewing the Monday after Thanksgiving means I won't be able to fully enjoy my turkey :laugh: I'll be too nervous to eat. So, my hubby and I are planning to drive the 5 hours (from OH) to get there. We'll hang out there for two days and check out the city and get a feel for the surroundings. It's also going to be much cheaper that flying during the Thanksgiving holidays (airline fares are freaking ridiculus). Anyway, I hope to be hearing from my other schools as well. So, I can breathe a little easier at least. I'm pretty excited, and I'll keep you gusy posted as to anything else that arrives.

Peace,
mrsmac

mrsmac said:
Hey buddies,

Finally, some good news. I have received my first interview invite! :clap: :wow:I'm going to Nashville on the 29th of this month to interview at Meharry. It's one of my choices because it's very close to my parents. I wish it could be earlier, because interviewing the Monday after Thanksgiving means I won't be able to fully enjoy my turkey :laugh: I'll be too nervous to eat. So, my hubby and I are planning to drive the 5 hours (from OH) to get there. We'll hang out there for two days and check out the city and get a feel for the surroundings. It's also going to be much cheaper that flying during the Thanksgiving holidays (airline fares are freaking ridiculus). Anyway, I hope to be hearing from my other schools as well. So, I can breathe a little easier at least. I'm pretty excited, and I'll keep you gusy posted as to anything else that arrives.

Peace,
mrsmac

Yeah mrsmac and BunsenHoneydew! Congratulations. You are going to rock it! I am so very happy for you both. We need some good news around here.

Woo hoo! Way to go, and great to get your interview relatively soon. My interview at NYMC is on 12/6. Let us know how it goes. Good luck!

BH

First things first, congratulations mrsmac and bh! I'm so happy for you guys.

And as a word of encouragement: The girl I stayed with at Mayo barely sent her AMCAS to the school before the Nov. 1 deadline, didn't interview until March or so, and now she's going to Mayo. Really, there are still a lot of spots open. As I just told my dad, there's a reason schools interview until April.

I just finished up all of the interviews I had planned. I've spent this past week in PA. It was a pain to have an interview on Wednesday. I stayed up late watching the election coverage and finally made myself turn it off around 1am. Then I got up early the next morning, and they still didn't have it figured out!! I was frustrated the whole day.

So about half an hour after I got back from my last interview, I got a call from my mom. This is how the conversation went:

Me: Hello?
Her: It is a great pleasure to inform you that you are accepted into the Creighton University School of Medicine.....
Me: <screams for about 5 minutes>

I actually didn't hear her say all of that. I think I started screaming and jumping up and down at the word "inform" or so. Needless to say, I have been very excited. So now I get to sit back and not worry that I don't have any more interviews planned and that I still haven't heard from a single California school.

I think reapplication buddies is helping. We seem to be having a good outcome so far. And mrsmac, if you need something to talk about in an interview, go ahead and say that you started a support group for reapplicants and it has had great success. I believe this group is truly unique, and it has helped me though the process so much.

Oh yeah, and my letter came in a small envelope. They really shouldn't mess with us like that. Look for thick envelopes, regardless of size.

Hey guys,

I'm really happy to hear about all your successes, it really gives me hope. I just heard back from EVMS and they waitlisted me... :( That was my first interview and I wasn't sure how well I came off because I was fairly nervous. I'm still waiting for more interview offers and news from UMD.

But I do have a good feeling for this year, and I think the stars are aligned in our favor.

Good luck everyone! (not that you need it, of course!)

Just a reminder for people who get waitlisted (from the files of "What I wish I had known last year"):

Be sure to send the school updates. Tell them what you like about the school. Tell them why you are a good candidate. Let them know you're still interested. Don't let them forget about you (without being overbearing, of course).

People in past threads have told of their success stories this way. Let's keep it going. Good luck to everyone.

Congrats, jetskigirl! :clap: That's awesome to be accepted at Creighton.

Good luck, everybody else, with the interviews this month.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all of you guys! :thumbup:

Just wondering if anyone else feels the way I feel... Sometimes, I just feel on top of the world. I'm super confident and I feel like I know I'll get in this year. Other days, like today, I just feel very low. I haven't heard anything from any school yet. It is true, though, that I was kind of behind in the porcess. My AMCAS application was certified early October. But, I did get most of my secondaries pretty quickly and I sent them out asap. So, I was complete at most schools by the 2d or 3rd week of October. I think I should start hearing from schools now, but nothing is happening... Everybody seems to be getting interviews and acceptances, and I'm happy for everyone... But, it just seems like a bad sign for me... reminds me of last year... :(

Hey there buddies,

I hope things are going well for you all. Another acceptance..congrats Jetskigirl! :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap: This group seems to be pretty successful. How many acceptances have we had now? I know several at least. Bluemagpie, don't get down about being waitlisted. As you put it, "don't let them forget about you" . Kitkat 37, I often feel up and down. I'm excited about my upcoming interview, but at the same time, I'm wondering what is going on with my other schools. Sometime, I have to preoccupy myself with something else just to forget about this process. I'm sure you should be hearing something soon. Also, don't forget you can call/email to see how often the ADCOMS are meeting and sending out invites. There is no reason anyone should be "totally" in the dark. I say totally, because some schools are quite adept at keeping information secretive.

Things are going well this way. I am starting a new job the first of December. I'll be working full time at the university here. I'll definitely be using my money for interview travels and future tuition. (I'm thinking positively here :) That's the latest and greatest from here.

mrsmac

Hello Everyone,

Well I am glad to say that I am one of you guys, still fighting and hoping that this will be the year for all of us. I applied last year and got the big fat :thumbdown: But no worries I fought back and retook the dreaded :eek: MCAT and have high hopes for the coming year. I am also one of the "haven't gotten an interview yet" group, but I figure that the fact that the MCAT score just got into the offices of the med schools may be playing a role in that.

Have any of you taken the August MCAT and just recently had your applications completed? If yes, have any of you heard from any schools, I am getting a bit anxious and I think I am completely infected with the "check your e-mail and mail all the time disease" :scared:

I find comfort in that all of you understand the pain and suffering that is entailed in applying to medical school and going to the mailbox day after day to only have your dreams shot down for another year. But I feel confident that we will suceed this year.
As a previous post said if the Red Sox :luck: can do it then we sure can :D

Hi people,

I'm in the group too. Last year I got 1 interview and got put on the wait list at the school. I was soooo frustrating. As one can probably guess, I didn't get a spot, so I'm back at it again this year.

I've had all my app stuff in for about a month now, and I haven't heard a word about interviews. I emailed all my schools to check on my status, and they've slowly been trickling back to me. 2 schools basically didn't give me any new info at all. 1 school said I wasn't given an interview on the 1st review because I was out of state. Another school said they are going to wait on my bost-bac semester grades too decide on an interview. So basically I have to sit around and wait too. However, If any of you out there are really wondering where you stand, email your schools. More specifically, get ahold of the dean or director of admissions and email them. If you are polite and sound truly concerned about your application, they usually get back to you. It worked for me.

Keep the faith people and be sure to help out you fellow re-applicants if you find out new/interesting info that could be useful to all. :thumbup:

I know that I've advised everyone to be calm and realize that if you took the August MCAT, things are fine. Well, now I can't even pretend to take my own advice :-(((

I don't know why exactly, but I've started to really panic. I've been reading notices of August MCATers getting interviews at the schools at which I'm waiting. (I have one interview out of 7 schools to which I applied.) Last year I had a bad MCAT, didn't even think about interviews too much (hadn't happened upon this site yet), and got two following the New Year; was WL at both.

My MCATs are much better, so I'm wondering what the hold-up is, especially the two state (SUNY) schools to which I applied (complete at both in early Sept.) ARGH!! I'm checking my email constantly the past two days....and am considering calling next week if I haven't heard. Help! I don't want to end up in the same situation as last year.

BH

Hey BH,

Take a deep breath. Good.

Which SUNYs are those. I didn't take the August MCAT, and I just recently go in invite from Buffalo. I haven't heard from Downstate or Stony Brook, granted I didn't hear from them at all last year, but I didn't hear from Buffalo last year either so I am hopeful. I met an MS1 who didn't interview at Downstate until April, and got in and is attending.

Go look at the interview feedback, and see how many people still interview during the spring before school starts. There are many. It is far from over, despite what many people here, esp in pre-allo would lead you to believe.

Hang in there,
ma-bas

Bunsen Honeydew said:
I know that I've advised everyone to be calm and realize that if you took the August MCAT, things are fine. Well, now I can't even pretend to take my own advice :-(((

I don't know why exactly, but I've started to really panic. I've been reading notices of August MCATers getting interviews at the schools at which I'm waiting. (I have one interview out of 7 schools to which I applied.) Last year I had a bad MCAT, didn't even think about interviews too much (hadn't happened upon this site yet), and got two following the New Year; was WL at both.

My MCATs are much better, so I'm wondering what the hold-up is, especially the two state (SUNY) schools to which I applied (complete at both in early Sept.) ARGH!! I'm checking my email constantly the past two days....and am considering calling next week if I haven't heard. Help! I don't want to end up in the same situation as last year.

BH

Hi. I'm not a reapplicant, but I probably will be (low MCAT score), so I check out this forum occassionally. Anyway, I wanted to make you feel better, so I thought I'd tell you I'm still waiting on 6, yes count them, 6 , secondaries. I also have zero interviews, and 2 rejections. My application is really strong, except that MCAT score, so I'm positive that's the only reason I haven't gotten rejections from all my schools already. But the whole "maybe there's hope" thing is wearing me thin. Well, I just wanted to let you know there's someone out there who's heard even less than you, so you're not at the bottom of every application pile! :) Take care and good luck! :luck:

Bunsen Honeydew said:

BH

BH,

Ma-Bas is right. It is still early. I might have to put a ban on us looking at the allopathic applicant thread. :) It seems to do more harm than good at times. Realize that not every applicant actually posts on SDN. :eek: There are certainly other applicants out there waiting. After being out of undergrad for 8 years I often forget how everything seems to be "end of the world". Relax. It's not over until you get the rejection letter. If it will make you feel better, call them. What is the worst that could happen? I actually got cut off (supposedly) at one school and hesitated about calling back, but then I thought.."What the *&%#, I gave these folks $60. Somebody is going to answer my question. Anyway, please don't forget to breathe and keep us posted.

mrsmac

Thank you, ma-bas, et al. I'm somewhat calmer now....although I decided to call a couple of schools, the ones I haven't yet received the "you are complete" email from -- and Mt. Sinai says I never submitted my secondary...which I did of course, back in September!! I remember doing it, and am sure that the credit card has been billed already. I can't believe it!!! What shoudl I do? I don't remember if I printed any confirmation or anything; I'm very vexed!! How could they "lose" it or whatever has happened?!!

I know I'm complete at Einstein, Stony Book, and Downstate. The latter two are the state schools I applied to, ma-bas. I really want to go to Downstate b/c I'd like to attend a state school. I was complete there, sans the MCAT score, in August. I know that the allo thread isn't represenatative of reality, but it's hard to see the invites to the schools I want to attend...I guess I'm just paranoid that what happened to me last year will happen again, which would bite. Anyway, thanks for the words of reason and encouragement. I'll let you know what Sinai says!!

BH

I totally feel you BH, but I am trying to not fixate. Last year I was complete at Mt.Sinai in Sept. but when I spoke to them in December they told me they didn't have my science LOR. I told her that the Nutrition letter was my science LOR, she said, "That's right, I guess you are complete then." So she postponed my application for 3 months for nothing. They suck.

I too am wishing for Downstate. As long as you don't get a rejection, consider yourself still under consideration. There is a lot of time between now and May, and a lot can happen.

Please let me know what Sinai says. Come to think of it I haven't received an email saying all my letters were received, although I did receive the one telling me I submitted my secondary. You should have received it immediately after submitting online.

Pls. excuse my title, but Sinai "lost" my secondary, or better, they claim I never finished it.

Ma-bas: I can't believe this load of @#!@ and that you had a similar situation last year. My credit card was billed on 9/2, but they claim that I didn't verify my online application. Anything can happen I guess, but I seriously doubt that I missed this. I'm sooo peeved. I asked why they had no trouble processing my payment over 2 months ago, without even letting me knwo that I wasn't complete. They had no answer for this, except that they are two separate processes...argh!!! Anyway, I submitted it today, but I probably should have demanded a refund instead. I'm very frustrated and feeling dejected....

Ma-bas: Did you apply to Downstate as well? If so, any news? I thought I remembered that you were accepted at a New Jersey state school....am I remembering correctly? Anyway, I hope we both get invites soon from Downstate -- and Sinai can you know what.

Okay, I'm going home now and am gonna try and chill.

Tx,

BH

Yep, I did get into UMDNJ-SOM and will go happily. But my husband and I bought an apt in Queens a year ago and I would prefer to stay in the city. Otherwise I will commute for the week to South Jersey and come home on the weekends. Not a peep from Downstate, and last year I was surprised that they were one of the first rejections I received. However, last year Albany was my very first rejection, and this time I have an interview with them in Jan. So who knows.

I got my first post-secondary rejection yesterday from Dartmouth.

Stone Brook only got around to cashing my check yesterday, over a month after submission.

Keep your chin up everyone. We learned from our mistakes last year, and are collectively wiser about this whole process. It has to work in our favor.

ma-bas, I have an interview at Albany in January too! Perhaps we'll be in the same group! :D

I just wanted to give all of you some hope. Last year at this time I was in the same boat as all of you. My application was finallized and recieved around early November at most schools. I retook the MCATs in August last year and reapplied to about 5 different schools. I got secondary apps from all of them, which was way better than the first time (when I got none). I only got one interview, and I didn't get notified about it until March. My interview was on one of the last days at Wayne State, so most of the spots for the 2008 class were already filled. The pressure was enormous. The interview itself was pretty painless. About a month later, we were instructed to call the school to find out our status (i.e. accepted, rejected, put on the wait list). That day was the most nervous I'd ever been... But I called and was told that I was accepted.

Basically, there's light at the end of the tunnel. Supposedly reapplicants have more luck the second time around (especially if you've done something to improve your application since the 1st time). It has something to do with showing you have resiliency and proving that you really want to be a doctor. If you're willing to pay the money to retake the MCAT and reapply, they know you're pretty serious about becoming a doc. Also, I've heard that if you get an interview you're basically going to get in (at least that's what our tour guide told us at WSU).

I know the waiting is terrible and a lot of people don't get in so it's very hard not to worry. But it's out of your hands now, so all I can say is pray a lot and come up with a decent back up plan just in case!

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement. I've decided to let this week go and focus on next... I figure the next week or two will bring good news for us.

Ma-bas: I can't believe these SUNY schools would pass-up two such awesome ladies such as us! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for both of us. It's great that you have the acceptance, even though you'd rather go to a Downstate if you could. I think it will really help you on interviews to know that you are accepted somewhere. I'm sure there will be many more invites coming our way shortly.

Deep breathes.... I'm going to try to relax this weekend. Got some other life-altering stuff going on, which is probably why I'm freaking about this stuff so much.

Hang in there everyone, and hugs!

BH

Hey guys, I havent posted on SDN in awhile, but I really want to give you guys some encouragement....there is hope for everyone you gotta believe that!!!!....I am a reapplicant, applied for the first time at the end of June 2003 after taking my MCAT for the second time in the spring of the same year. I improved my score from 23 to 27O (8V, 9P, 10B). Not the greatest score, but still within the range of acceptance. I was confident that my grades in my post-bacc program would make up for my low-end MCAT....I finished my 2 yr program with a 3.6 GPA....so I applied, got 5 interviews and was put on 4 waitlists....was confident I would get off at least one waitlist, and spent the summer relaxing and not doing anything b/c I totally thought I would get in somewhere....towards the end of the summer, I got worried and began calling each school once a week and writing letters once a week as well....turns out i didnt get off any of the waitlists...I was totally shocked and was totally depressed, hated life and blamed everything from God, to the admissions process, to the medical schools, you name it. I hated my life.

One of my teachers in my postbacc program had gotten in touch with me and asked if I had gotten in anywhere. I told him no, and he was surprised. He asked me if I was applying again and I told him no as well. He got really upset with me and told me to reapply to all the schools that had waitlisted me from last cycle. At this point, it was mid-september, and I thought it was too late to apply. I was down and out, thought I had no chance this time around, and was sure it would be futile. Reluctantly though, I did reapply to those 4 schools that waitlisted me. I got another interview invite at one of the schools last month, in october. I got really psyched for the interview, and figured that I have nothing to lose, and everything to gain, so Im really gonna go in there and kick some ass.... So I check my mail recently, and to my total surprise, I found the "Big envelope" from that school I had interviewed at. I got in!! Couldn't believe it, and I still cant. I got in touch with the Dean, and he told me that my interviewer really liked me, but also that all the letters and calls that I made to the school while I was on the waitlist totally helped out....he remembered me and put in a real good word with the admissions committee.

I guess all I can say is not to give up, there is always hope. Its normal for you to get down during the process, but dont let it hold you up, its not going to do you any good. For those on the waitlists, try and keep in touch with the Deans via email and constantly update them with current grades or activities. Write letters saying what you like about the school, how determined you are, and what motivates you. Call them once a week or every two weeks to check your status. I did all of those things, and thought it didnt do any good b/c I didnt get in the first time, but I was very wrong. For those interviewing, what do you have to lose? Let loose and really show them you are passionate. Always smile and just be yourself. To just be a part of this whole crazy admissions process is an achievement in itself, and you should all be very proud.....there are tons of people that have the potential to be doctors, but are intimidated by this process. Stay up people, dont lose hope!!!!!! dont hesitate to contact me with any questions!! good luck!!!!

Merovingian,

Thanks a lot for your post! It was very inspiring. I totally relate because I applied for the first time last year with a 24 and didn't get in. I'm re-applying now with a 28Q and hoping that everything is gonna work out. I went to a good undergrad. school and have a good GPA, lots of ECs and recs, etc. I'm just not too confident cuz my MCAT is kinda mediocre and I'm an Int'... I have heard from only one school so far and it was a rejection. :( Speaking of being Int', I saw "Merovingian" and "Gaul" for your location. Are you French by any chance... Just asking cuz I am. :)

Lol, nah Im not French, just joking around :) , but that's awesome, you really improved on your MCAT score, and everything else sounds good, so Im sure things will work out for you......i think you're MCAT score should be fine, just make sure to keep in contact with the schools and update them of anything new......This year, everything with my app was complete id say by the beginning of October, but I have only heard back from 3 schools, and im guessing I will hear from more soon, so I am sure you will hear from more schools soon as well....dont let up, and i'll be praying for ya! good luck :thumbup: :luck:

Hi, guys. I just want to say that your support of each other on this thread is amazing. :)

Anyway, if it makes any of you waitlistees feel better, I was taken off the waitlist from the school I'm now attending two days before classes started. So there is plenty of time left in this cycle. Never give up!!! And keeping in contact with admissions is a great idea, I really believe that helped me get in.

By the way, it is still early in the cycle. Last year, I interviewed at RWJMS (which is a rolling school) at the end of January, and they were just starting the waitlist with our interview group. So don't give up hope, you have plenty of time left!

Just a thought for reapplication buddies:

Do you think that if you get into school this year that you're going to come back and give inspiration and advice to next year's group? I never really thought about it, but there have been so many MS1s who have posted in this forum.

I substitute teach, and I have a group of seniors that I have all of the time. Good group of kids. But I love advising them on things about college. What I've learned applying to school and what makes a school a good match, etc. I think I'll probably be back (if I have time) because I like to help others like that.

Also, I want to do tours and student interviews and stuff, so I'll want to check SDN and see if I can figure out who is who.

So what about everyone else? Will you be back?

jetskigirl said:
Just a thought for reapplication buddies:

Do you think that if you get into school this year that you're going to come back and give inspiration and advice to next year's group? I never really thought about it, but there have been so many MS1s who have posted in this forum.

So what about everyone else? Will you be back?

Well, hopefully I will be an MSI next year, capable of looking back on this whole thing...but I will definitely come back to give any advice or support I can. Anything to make this process easier!

Hey guys - here's another success story for reapplicants:
I suffered from terrible advice from my pre-med committee, they said that it does not matter when you apply as long as you meet the deadline AND to only apply to 3 or 4 schools b/c it is a waste of money and time. Needless to say with a weak app compounded with a late app, I did not get in the first time around.

So I fought a bad GPA with a year of research and papers (I could not stomach a postbacc program, I hated undergrad enough). This year I applied as early as possible and got my first acceptance on October 15!

IT IS POSSIBLE!!!! Just b/c we didn't get straight As and ace the MCAT does not mean we will not be wonderful, compassionate physicians. I think the fight makes it more meaningful too, we all have to really work for what we want...so we can appreciate it that much more.

good luck everyone

Hey there buddies,

Hope things are going well for everyone. I've been busy preparing for my interview (11/29), getting ready for Thanksgiving (I'm hosting my hubby's sister and her family) and starting a new job on Dec 1. As you can guess, I"m about to lose my mind around here. Anyway, thanks to everyone (old and new members) who have been posting such good, encouraging advice. You guys are really a great group of people.

To answer a previous post...I definitely will be back (granted I have the time as a MS1.) :D Thinking positively. I am a firm believer of give and it will be given unto you. I'll have no problems sharing my experiences, because I refuse to believe that all med students are egotistical and selfish. I have friends who graduated with me(way back in 1996) that are now done with school and practicing medicine and they always encourage me. So, I'll do my part to give a little back. (Granted, I'll always have a soft spot for reapplicants ;) )

Peace,
mrsmac

Mathilda, that's how my pre-med counsler was. I asked if I should sent update letters,a nd she told me no. This was after I had started two clinical volunteer positions and research that wasn't on my app.

I wish I would have known about this board sooner. This is seriously where I get 90% of my information about applying to medical school. The pre-allo is kinda hit or miss who is going to get in. You can't trust what they say because what do they know? But these are the people who know the ropes; they know what the difference between a rejection and an acceptance is.

I want you to know that it's not just the few of us who care. My parents ask me all the time how my reapplicaiton friends are doing and if any of you have gotten in. So keep up the good work. I like telling them yes, and I'm sure you do too.

And one more thing mrsmac. Your post made me so happy. I've had the hardest time typing lately. I hold down the shift key too long and so I end up typing I"m instead of I'm. I just thought it was so cute when I saw that in your thread. Makes it even more apparent that no matter what you're going through, you're not going through it alone.

Hi reapp people: Thanks to everyone who has posted encouragement and their personal success stories. I love reading these!!

Mrsmac: good luck on your 11/29 interview...and surviving Thanksgiving! I've decided to put my interview invite obsession out of my head until after turkey day, if not later. I have one invite so far, but had hoped for more...oh well. I'm surprised that the schools where I was waitlisted last cycle wouldn't be quicker to respond.

Happy holidays and hang in there everyone!!

BH

Hey peeps!

We just ate a huge potluck thanksgiving lunch at work, and I may need to take a nap.

I just wanted to wish mrsmac good luck on her interview.

You know you only need one acceptance. I work with some outstanding physicians, who are very supportive, and many of them only got into one school, even off waitlists. My boss didn't even get in the first time. They keep reminding me that you only need to get into one school. And they are right. I for one, think about how much energy I put into 2 years of multitudes of applications and feel like I want a greater return, but in the long run, it won't matter.

I got my second rejection this week, from BU, but whatever. I also got a secondary from Drew, which is cool, b/c they screen. Anyone have any insight on that school?

Bunsen Honeydew said:
Pls. excuse my title, but Sinai "lost" my secondary, or better, they claim I never finished it.

Ma-bas: I can't believe this load of @#!@ and that you had a similar situation last year. My credit card was billed on 9/2, but they claim that I didn't verify my online application. Anything can happen I guess, but I seriously doubt that I missed this. I'm sooo peeved. I asked why they had no trouble processing my payment over 2 months ago, without even letting me knwo that I wasn't complete. They had no answer for this, except that they are two separate processes...argh!!! Anyway, I submitted it today, but I probably should have demanded a refund instead. I'm very frustrated and feeling dejected....

Ma-bas: Did you apply to Downstate as well? If so, any news? I thought I remembered that you were accepted at a New Jersey state school....am I remembering correctly? Anyway, I hope we both get invites soon from Downstate -- and Sinai can you know what.

Okay, I'm going home now and am gonna try and chill.

Tx,

BH

Just want to say that mssm lost my secondary too. What is up with them?

To everyone interviewing at Albany - I interviewed there a couple of weeks ago and I really liked it.

ma-bas said:
Hey peeps!

We just ate a huge potluck thanksgiving lunch at work, and I may need to take a nap.

I just wanted to wish mrsmac good luck on her interview.

You know you only need one acceptance. I work with some outstanding physicians, who are very supportive, and many of them only got into one school, even off waitlists. My boss didn't even get in the first time. They keep reminding me that you only need to get into one school. And they are right. I for one, think about how much energy I put into 2 years of multitudes of applications and feel like I want a greater return, but in the long run, it won't matter.

I got my second rejection this week, from BU, but whatever. I also got a secondary from Drew, which is cool, b/c they screen. Anyone have any insight on that school?
Hey ma-bas,
I also recieved a secondary from Drew just the other day. The app is taking me quite a while because of the limited spacing (not to mention being over-worked in my full-time job). I don't remember them existing the last time I applied so this program is definately fairly new. They target underserved communities but more than that I really don't know much. If you find anything out or have any pointers while you're filling in the app I'm all ears :)

Hey there guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I feel the love :love: Thanks for the encouragement from everyone. You guys are the greatest. Ma-Bas, you're right, it only takes one acceptance. So, I'll prepare myself the best I can, relax, and enjoy the ride down to Nashville. I probably won't post again until I get back so don't think I've left the group :D There's so much going on this week that I'll be too busy to hang out here :( So, continue to wish me luck, send out positive vibes or pray (whatever works for you). Happy Thanksgiving and remember that we all have something to be thankful for.

Peace and Happy Turkey eating,

mrsmac

Hey all,

I just received my first acceptance Saturday and it's been slowly sinking in all weekend. I can't believe it, especially after all I went through to get here. Everything I've done is worth it.

I feel that I've learned a lot about myself and could have never have gotten through this ridiculous, stressful experience without my SDN family. Good luck to all of you, your continued optimisim and perseverance is truly amazing.

:)

BlueMagpie said:
Hey all,

I just received my first acceptance Saturday and it's been slowly sinking in all weekend. I can't believe it, especially after all I went through to get here. Everything I've done is worth it.

I feel that I've learned a lot about myself and could have never have gotten through this ridiculous, stressful experience without my SDN family. Good luck to all of you, your continued optimisim and perseverance is truly amazing.

Congratulations!! That's fantastic! So where did you get in? Do you have any more interviews, or is this "the one" for you? Well, good for you! So this should be a REALLY Happy Thanksgiving for you! :laugh: Take care.

Khenon said:
Congratulations!! That's fantastic! So where did you get in? Do you have any more interviews, or is this "the one" for you? Well, good for you! So this should be a REALLY Happy Thanksgiving for you! :laugh: Take care.

Thanks Khenon!!! I got into the University of Maryland, and I do have 2 more interviews which I am going to cancel because Maryland is my top choice.

And Happy Thanksgiving to you as well...I'm rooting for you!

:thumbup: :D

BlueMagpie, you rock!! Congrats on the Maryland acceptance. It's an awesome school. How great that you can REALLY enjoy your turkey day!

Enjoy and send some +++ vibes to the rest of us!

BH

WOW, you guys's thread here is awesome. I too am a re-appicant and have been chronically checking and re-checking my email. I wish I had discoverd this group earlier, I stumbled into here in my nervous state. It is nice to see I am not the only one awaiting multiple schools were my "application is in process". I wish everyone the best of luck this year and hope to be fellow M1s with you SOON.

Woa... Congratulations!!!! :thumbup: :) :luck: :thumbup: :) :luck:

That's wonderful! I am so very jaleous... Maryland is my top choice. ;)

Send some good luck my way! Please! :D

Happy Thanksgiving!

BlueMagpie said:
Hey all,

Yeah bluemagpie! So nice to be able to sit back and relax. You must be thrilled.

Welcome doctorsean!

Have a happy turkey day everyone!

Hey guys:

I checked my email once last time before I left work today....and lo and behold, an invite from Stony Brook awaited me!! I am so happy. I was surprised, b/c I'd figured that not much was really happening this week. Very glad to hear from this school, which is a top choice of mine. Just wanted to spread the good vibe. Now more invites for all of us!!

BH