reapplicants??? I am in need of encouragement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

my1molar

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI my fellows,
I finally start to reapply this year after a big failure last year late aplication. I got defered acceptance and still am on wailist. It's time for me to start a fresh breath. I just registered for the DAT and start cramming again. I really need a lot of encouragement for y'all,esp. advice on how to reapply thru ADSAS :love: My last DAT is 19/15, GPA 3.87...aiming for a 21/18 ( at least). :luck:
Love,

Members don't see this ad.

How late was your application last cycle? I ask because your stats are really good, minus the 15 on the PAT. I would think that you would have definetly got in at a copule of schools. Did you just apply to really tough schools? No back-ups like BU and NYU?

I applied in mid Feb,2004. I applied to Temple, Tufts, Creighton a nd USC, and Howard (denied becoz my file was incomplete). I got defered acceptance at Tufts, waitlist at the rest till this minute. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, Feb. is very late. At least you've got your stuff togather this year. You have some solid stats and will get accepted without re-taking the DAT. I suggest adding some back-up schools like i mentioned before. I would not be worried if i were you, if you get your application in now you will see some acceptances come December 1st.

my1molar:

Encouragement? How about the fact that I'm applying with 3.2 and 17/16?

Like JRO said, apply early and you'll be fine...

Love:

I have a similar GPA and 19/18 DAT, so I need some encouragement too. =)
Where have you applied? When did you submit your aadsas application?

thanks

lake04

I submitted my application in October or so of last year.

3.0 gpa/ 19 AA (17 SA)/ 18 PAT

I only got 2 interviews...waitlisted at NYU and rejected at UT-Houston.

I submitted the application today and am taking the DAT in August. Need all the help I can get.

I'm an international student and going to be Texas resident in little more than a year or so thru marriage. AT this point, i gotta shoot for 21 to be considered at Texas schools....SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Thanks y'all,