Question about Dental School PS for Reapplicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MoonlightSpiceCat

Reaction score
I'm in the process of rewriting my PS for this upcoming cycle and I was wondering if I should mention I'm a reapplicant. I've been debating on leaving it out because I'm reaching the character limit and there are other things I want to cover, but at the same time I've been hearing mixed opinions about whether I should include it which has me confused.

Also, would it be wise to omit any details regarding my struggles with anxiety and how I'm working to overcome them? I wrote about this in my last statement and I did manage to get 2 interviews (one denied and the other waitlisted - I opted to be removed because I no longer see myself attending this school), but I mentioned this to some family members and they told me I should've left it out. I applied late last cycle so I think it had more to do with that than what I wrote, but I would appreciate any advice nonetheless.

TIA for any and all of your help, and I wish you all the best of luck!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know if you will get a consensus about this. You may be asked elsewhere if you are a reapplicant. I don't think it matters if you mention you are a reapplicant... it should be pretty obvious for the schools where you have applied previously.

You'll need to rewrite your PS, or you should include information that reflects your activities over your past cycle.