Ready for the Match/Scramble?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnfootDr

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
.....Edited: Today is the day. How did you fare in the Match Process?

I saw on the CASPR/CRIP page that the match date is Monday(((Corrected...Mailed out Monday, Received Tuesday))))

If it is anything like when I went through, many already know where they are going (wink, wink, nudge, nudge...).

Good luck to everyone, and if someone doesn't match....I'm the outgoing PSR-12 resident in Clarion, PA. Our program is converting to a PM & S 36, has an active DO Family Practice Residency program, and good hospital support for the Podiatry Residency.

My Numbers are great (95+ Rearfoot procedures in 10 months), so no issues there, and they are a wide variety (elective and non-elective/trauma) of procedures.

However, we are NOT in the match process...I'm the 3rd resident (basically filled the program now by word of mouth) to finish (in 2 months), and may stay on as a partner/attending. So, we will be looking at good candidates in the scramble. Next year, we will be part of the match process.

Keep us in mind....e-mail me for more info.

Even if we don't get a resident this year, we will be looking for externs to come (hospital has housing and meals for students....told you there was good support!!).

If you know someone who is sweating the match already, pass on my e-mail.

JohnFootDPM (at) Hotmail.com

I'll be happy to set up a time for them to visit, etc.

We are near Pittsburgh (70 miles), right off I-80. Cost of living is LOW in this area, and the residency is family friendly.

STILL OPEN AS OF NOON TUESDAY.

John

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't believe some of the residency positions that went unmatched: West Penn, West Haven, St Vincents, some of the Michigan programs, etc!

As a 4th year, I can say that it's been a great year for us. A good portion of my class already knew where they were going.

Ezj391 said:
As a 4th year, I can say that it's been a great year for us. A good portion of my class already knew where they were going.
My class will be in a similar situation next year! I hope that you got what you wanted (I'm sure you did). Good luck.

jonwill said:
My class will be in a similar situation next year! I hope that you got what you wanted (I'm sure you did). Good luck.

thanks. yeah i did. It shouldn't be much different next year for you guys. This was even better than last year. Do not settle.