Re-Applicant here: List ALL the dental schools I applied to before...Can't remember...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TeemoMain

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
As the title states, I'm reapplying to dental schools currently and the application is asking me to list all the schools that I applied to. Problem is, I applied to just over 25 schools and I'm pretty sure I can remember like 80% of the schools I applied to, but I feel like I'm gonna miss a few schools by accident. I don't want to jeopardize my chances by mis-listing the schools.

Is there any way I can find out which schools I applied to?

Thanks y'all

Members don't see this ad.

As the title states, I'm reapplying to dental schools currently and the application is asking me to list all the schools that I applied to. Problem is, I applied to just over 25 schools and I'm pretty sure I can remember like 80% of the schools I applied to, but I feel like I'm gonna miss a few schools by accident. I don't want to jeopardize my chances by mis-listing the schools.

Is there any way I can find out which schools I applied to?

Thanks y'all
Maybe you could search your email inbox? Usually they send secondaries and confirmation emails so that could help.

Would it look bad if you don't list any schools you've applied to in the previous cycle/s?
That section is optional btw

Members don't see this ad :)
just list them all lol. i think the point is they're just looking to see if you applied before.

Would it look bad if you don't list any schools you've applied to in the previous cycle/s?
That section is optional btw

just realized you're right it's "optional". But the instruction states "If you have selected "Yes" above, you MUST list the US dental school(s) to which you have previously applied below."

The "optional" and the "MUST" seem extremely contradictory. I don't know what to do haha. What do y'all think?

Just do it. Why withold information from a school? Better safe than sorry

just realized you're right it's "optional". But the instruction states "If you have selected "Yes" above, you MUST list the US dental school(s) to which you have previously applied below."

The "optional" and the "MUST" seem extremely contradictory. I don't know what to do haha. What do y'all think?
I would think its only optional so that the people who selected "no" can submit without being required to fill it out.
Definitely list all of them, go back in your inbox like someone else suggested. You never know what the adcoms know so might as well be honest and upfront.

You should have emails from pretty much every school you applied to acknowledging receipt of your application.
The thing is, the email I used back then was my school email. Since it's been long since I graduated, the e-mail is no longer valid or it belongs to someone else. So I have no access haha.

I guess in this case it's best to list as many schools I can remember as possible.

Just a note to current applicants:

always print out or save a PDF of your current app and the school list of places you applied.

I have a hard copy of my app (2016-2017). I also saved a second version in May showing my offers/acceptances/rejections.

Reactions: 1 user